Eddie Irvine: "Raikkonen should stop drinking..."

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
gutobr
2007 Prediction League winner

Eddie Irvine: "Raikkonen should stop drinking..."

Post by gutobr » 03 Jun 2007, 11:40

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/06/ ... _together/
I think that coming from Irvine it´s a serious advice rs,rs... And don't think that Kimi needs anyone to tell him he needs to be a lot better..

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 03 Jun 2007, 11:59

Hahaha. I would believe such an advice, but not coming from Irvine!

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 03 Jun 2007, 15:06

Kimi has been doing brilliant work for his first ever races in Ferrari -- enough to have been in World Championship lead before Monaco, if the crappy Ferrari hadn't broken down.
Kimi has had bad luck in two races, of which one was his own mistake, albeit small. And apart from that, he's been at least as good and consistent as Alonso, even though Alonso has the better car.

gutobr

Post by gutobr » 03 Jun 2007, 15:17

@iceman1
Sorry, mate...But I don't classify Kimi's mistake in Mônaco as small. That was a BIG mistake that compromised all his weekend.

Bowsey
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Bowsey » 03 Jun 2007, 15:22

gutobr wrote:@iceman1
Sorry, mate...But I don't classify Kimi's mistake in Mônaco as small. That was a BIG mistake that compromised all his weekend.
I agree was quite a big mistake, Also ...... Its amazing that Michael Schumacher drives the Ferrari for 5 years and gets 2 maybe 3 breakdowns in that time (or something like that), as soon as he leaves and kimi joins the ferrari breaks down in kimi's 4th race

[FIN]SpeedFreak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by [FIN]SpeedFreak » 03 Jun 2007, 20:04

gutobr wrote:@iceman1
Sorry, mate...But I don't classify Kimi's mistake in Monaco as small. That was a BIG mistake that compromised all his weekend.
Big??? It was huge/massive mistake, any driver in that level shouldn't do mistakes like that! We all know that. :x :x

gutobr

Post by gutobr » 03 Jun 2007, 21:39

@FerrariFan[FIN]
You made a huge/massive mistake :D :D , you should have answered to iceman1 not to me... :D :D :D

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 04 Jun 2007, 00:52

Bowsey wrote: I agree was quite a big mistake, Also ...... Its amazing that Michael Schumacher drives the Ferrari for 5 years and gets 2 maybe 3 breakdowns in that time (or something like that), as soon as he leaves and kimi joins the ferrari breaks down in kimi's 4th race
AND the McLaren has been unreliable for the past two years only to suddenly become super-reliable and hyper-competitive! WTF?

Even so, Kimi did get a win in his first race in a ferrari... might be too soon to jump to conclusions.

Bowsey
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Bowsey » 04 Jun 2007, 10:13

BANANAGP wrote:
Bowsey wrote: I agree was quite a big mistake, Also ...... Its amazing that Michael Schumacher drives the Ferrari for 5 years and gets 2 maybe 3 breakdowns in that time (or something like that), as soon as he leaves and kimi joins the ferrari breaks down in kimi's 4th race
AND the McLaren has been unreliable for the past two years only to suddenly become super-reliable and hyper-competitive! WTF?
Its called the 'Alonso Effect' :cheesy: :cheesy:

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 04 Jun 2007, 12:55

As much as I like Kimi theres just something about him... He's either having bad luck with the car or making vital mistakes when he really didn't need to :lol:...

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 04 Jun 2007, 13:49

Bowsey wrote:
BANANAGP wrote:
You know... as much as I HATE to say this Alonso has made EVERY car he's driven shine. I mean remember the Minardi days? Jeez...

Bowsey
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Bowsey » 04 Jun 2007, 14:28

BANANAGP wrote:
Bowsey wrote:
BANANAGP wrote:
You know... as much as I HATE to say this Alonso has made EVERY car he's driven shine. I mean remember the Minardi days? Jeez...
Yes I do, he was quick in the Minardi, for example at Suzuka 01 he finished eleventh, ahead of Heinz-Harald Frentzen’s Prost (with a Ferrari-derived engine), the BAR-Honda of Olivier Panis, the two Arrows and his team mate Alex Yoong

phillyred79
kart driver
kart driver

Post by phillyred79 » 04 Jun 2007, 15:14

Kimi is just rough on his cars.. When Kimi was at McLaren everyone suspected it was McLaren's fault... At the time I thought this might be the case, but now... I'm not so sure.... I think Kimi's driving style is just rough on cars. Couple that with his lethargic attitude towards fitness/mental preparedness between races and no one should be surprised with his results at Ferrari.

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 04 Jun 2007, 17:55

phillyred79 wrote:Kimi is just rough on his cars.. When Kimi was at McLaren everyone suspected it was McLaren's fault... At the time I thought this might be the case, but now... I'm not so sure.... I think Kimi's driving style is just rough on cars.
Barrichello got accused of this as well when the Ferrari blew up while he was leading Brasil a few years back. The reality though is that these cars are engineered to be driven hard so i don't think the drivers can be accused of this... not like in the old days with standard shift, manual clutches and rudimentry rev limiters, when drivers could make mistakes which could hurt the cars.

An argument could be made for tire deterioration but I don't think this is the case with Kimi.
phillyred79 wrote:Couple that with his lethargic attitude towards fitness/mental preparedness between races and no one should be surprised with his results at Ferrari.
This is more likely to be the cause as you can corelate fitness with concentration and overall consistency. Concentration clearly contributed to Kimi's mistake in Monaco. Maybe the good luck shot of absolute didn't help either... :lol:

will_ferrari
kart driver
kart driver

Post by will_ferrari » 08 Jun 2007, 17:27

hohoh
xD

hicks!
FORZA FERRARI!!