Schumacher's future

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

When, in your view, should Schumacher retire again?

Immediately
No votes
End of this year
32%
End of 2011
16%
End of 2012
28%
Beyond 2012
24%

Total votes: 25

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Schumacher's future

Post by cformula1 » 04 Aug 2010, 11:40

Schumacher has had a rather controversial comeback so far, and I'm interested as to what your thought are on his future? Should he quit or should he stay?

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Schumacher's future

Post by Denorth » 04 Aug 2010, 11:42

I don't really care... :zz:
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

Eric_Cartman
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Eric_Cartman » 04 Aug 2010, 12:01

I think in 2011 with the new tyres everyone starts at zero. I am sure that he will do better than this year and with a competitive car he is motivated to score good results. There were even positive things this year: He is the best starter in the field and he is the fastest man in the pit lane. So just wait for 2011 and we will see if his comeback was the right decision.
FC BAYERN 7 - BARCELONA 0

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 04 Aug 2010, 13:56

Immediately is a bit harsh. But he should announce his retirement in Belgium so that it can be his big 'Good-bye Tour' for the rest of the season. In my view he is the biggest failure of the season, just as I predicted at the beginning of the season
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 04 Aug 2010, 16:02

cformula1 wrote:Schumacher has had a rather controversial comeback so far, and I'm interested as to what your thought are on his future? Should he quit or should he stay?
Comeback ? When did that happen?

Linda-Anne
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Linda-Anne » 04 Aug 2010, 17:56

Micheal has proved that all ive said about him in the past was justified. Put the man under any form of pressure and he cracks. As to the number of World Drivers Championships he has well "its not the number you win but the way in which you win them,."

Eric_Cartman
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Eric_Cartman » 04 Aug 2010, 19:05

When Schumacher announced his comeback, everyone was happy and said that this was the best thing F1 could happen. And now after 12 Races everyone would be happy if he retires, I don't understand it :huh: :huh: :huh:
FC BAYERN 7 - BARCELONA 0

Mitsuro Sano
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Mitsuro Sano » 04 Aug 2010, 19:37

Honestly with the ban of testing, I didn't expect Schumacher to be as strong as before ( maybe a little? ok I expected him to destroy everyone :p ).
He is not doing his Badoer, but his last performances disappointed a lot of people, included me. For sure, Schumacher is still Schumacher as we all have seen in Hungary ^^. The question for me is: Is Rosberg a fantastic driver who beats Schumacher with the car? Or is Schumacher who is underperforming a lot ( with a car that is not suited to his driving style, according to Jenson Button )?
The strongest point Schumacher had in the past is to tweak the car in a way that it suits him at perfection and that he can drive it at the limit! I'm pretty sure if he does another year with a car that match with his driving style, then he'll be strong!

Or not :p

Ferrariman60
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Ferrariman60 » 04 Aug 2010, 20:22

Personally, I think that next year will be the true test for him. If next year, with a car he's influenced from the ground up and a team more centered around him, and if he still can't bring in the results, I'd say that the reasons he retired will return to haunt him and that in order to preserve his reputation, he should hang up the helmet for good. If he were to retire now, we'd all say that he didn't give it an honest effort, but if he is to stay on for another 3-5 years and be a miserable performer, we'd all say that (as David Coulthard says) he doesn't know when to give up. If next year Schumacher can't bring in podiums, he should retire and leave us all to romanticize about all of his achievements of the last 20 years.
Requiescat in pace, Jules Bianchi

Ferrariman60

AHAHAH
car driver
car driver

Post by AHAHAH » 04 Aug 2010, 20:28

Schumacher has come in Mercedes in January 2010. The car was yet made at 9?%.
And now, all people are suprised with Schumacher performances.

And, I remember also Honda in 2008 : many people have said : Ross Brawn is in the team but they are c**p! So, people have said : Brawn is not so good...

In F1, if you dont have a car that suits with your driving style, you will be nowhere.

Bourdais was in front of Vettel with the STR2 in 2008. He was behind with the STR3.

Fisichella was near winning in Spa with a Force India. But, the same year, he was very bad with a Ferrari.

And, the better example is Jenson Button : in the first races of 2009, he was driving in an other world.
And, in summer, with an evoluted car, he was fighting to be in Q3 while Barrichello was in the top 3...

PS : Linda Anne : "its not the number you win but the way in which you win them,."
Surely you are a Senna fanboy.
But, just remember that Senna is the only driver who have planned to crash an other driver before the race just to win a WDC...

HandoZiZle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by HandoZiZle » 04 Aug 2010, 20:34

I think Schumi should stick around for one more season (2011) and see what he can do with a new car and tires. There's really no point of him being in the sport if he's not competitive next year.

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 04 Aug 2010, 20:55

If Schumi wasn't a seven time champion, people would be suggesting he'd be replaced in mid-season and definitely for next season. Pundits everywhere are criticising him because his performances deserve that, not because they bear petty grudges.

If Schumi has a good 2011, I'll praise him. Right now I'm not though.

Linda-Anne
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Linda-Anne » 04 Aug 2010, 21:19

Ahaaha Yes I am a fan of Ayrton and yes I am proud of it. Ayrtons crash with Alain was a direct result of two things. Had those two things been delt with at the time (as it seems stewarding is done now) that crash would have probably not happened. Why are you calling me a fanboy. I am a woman who has been watching F1 and other motorsports since the mid 1960's I have seen a lot of drivers. There are a great many I admire drivers who can do amazing things in cars that were not always the best cars on the grid. Drivers who drove against their teamate in equal machinery and still had the edge. Micheal Schmacher in my opinion does not and rarely ever has fitted into this catergory.
Oh and by the way cant you put across your opinion without calling people idiots or swearing this is a friendly and civilised forum after all :thumbsup:

stormer208
car driver
car driver

Post by stormer208 » 04 Aug 2010, 21:28

People, People. Can't you see what's happening. Michael is currently being No.2 for Rosberg so that he can get used to the idea about having such a "powerful" teammate. I believe Michael's car is being "tuned down" so that Rosberg can out-perform Michael this season. Next year I believe the roles will be reversed and Michael will go full-out for the championship.

Just wait and see, 2011 will prove me right.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 04 Aug 2010, 21:49

Moderator Iceman1:
Rule 1.4 No personal insults or personal attacks on other posters or individuals, site moderators and administration. Which means, you agree not to post discriminatory material that targets someone, or a group of people, based upon gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, and cultural background. Users who violate this rule will be banned at the Moderator's discretion.
Please Swca92 & AHAHAH stick to the rules - Posts deleted.