Our Favourite Drivers and why...

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 29 May 2007, 14:40

Montoya was a good driver but like JV, Mansell, DHill, and Kimi, he didn't appear to do much to develop the cars he drove.

Mika, Schumi, Senna, Prost were guys who besides being awesome drivers, also helped develop some of the most dominante cars of the grid...

I would argue Alonso is in this category and am excited about the future of McLaren... The combination of Hamilton, Alonso & McLaren will deliver the goods for years to come which is great for the sport!

I'm concerned that Massa and Kimi might not be able to continue with the work Barrichello and Schumi did at Ferrari. I hope Schumi takes on a testing role with Ferrari to save this season before he buys into Spyker.

Oh, and favorite drivers: Senna, Sterling and Schumi not necessarilly in that order and certainly no explaination needed! ;)
Last edited by BANANAGP on 29 May 2007, 20:05, edited 1 time in total.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 29 May 2007, 19:30

I don't have any great feelings for the current crop of Formula One drivers. :P

ToRo999
car driver
car driver

Post by ToRo999 » 29 May 2007, 20:01

Kubica - because he is from Poland 8)

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 29 May 2007, 20:27

BANANAGP wrote: I'm concerned that Massa and Kimi might not be able to continue with the work Barrichello and Schumi did at Ferrari. I hope Schumi takes on a testing role with Ferrari to save this season before he buys into Spyker.
I think Schumi is working on Massa... Kimi won't listen to what Schumacher has to say, but by the sounds and looks of it Massa is listeing and learning so maybe in the future he could be a leader... But neither have the leading qualities of Schumi or Senna...

Chubbs
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Chubbs » 29 May 2007, 20:31

Dark_Fisico wrote:
BANANAGP wrote: I'm concerned that Massa and Kimi might not be able to continue with the work Barrichello and Schumi did at Ferrari. I hope Schumi takes on a testing role with Ferrari to save this season before he buys into Spyker.
I think Schumi is working on Massa... Kimi won't listen to what Schumacher has to say, but by the sounds and looks of it Massa is listeing and learning so maybe in the future he could be a leader... But neither have the leading qualities of Schumi or Senna...
i think kimi is a little too arrogant and to be honest i dont think he wants to win! obviously he does want to but not enough!

integracing86
car driver
car driver

Post by integracing86 » 29 May 2007, 20:31

im gonna go with kimi on this one

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 29 May 2007, 20:38

I agree Chubbs I think Kimi is too arragont to take the advice of anyone which would show his lack of wanting to improve... Though I think his motivation comes from elsewhere :lol:.... He's a strange man that Raikkonen...

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 30 May 2007, 00:49

I think he's only human... I mean when you make as much money as these guys it's really easy to say fluck it and just chill on your yatch some where...

Let's see if they manage to help him find his motivation...

WDC
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by WDC » 30 May 2007, 03:13

i think kimi has never had the best of attitudes for F1! he is full of talent, but his mentality is a bit off!
arrogance is a great word to describe it but the problem is he hasnt achieved a lot to be arogant!
Thankyou Schumi you will always have a place in our hearts!
Michael Schumacher- 7 volte Campione del mondo!
SIMPLY THE BEST

geewhiz14
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by geewhiz14 » 31 May 2007, 08:57

I've liked Kimi since he started at McLaren--he had so much potential and is still the out-and-out fastest driver out there. Weirdly enough, his 'Cool-as-ice-I-don't-give-a-f*ck-about-what-anyone-thinks-of-me' attitude doesn't bother me, it amuses me. :cheesy:

Alonso is very consistent and is a better strategist though.

However, Kimi still pips him for me. Fernando is a close second though. :)
Football+Racing+Design+Travel: http://bouncebackabilitrix.wordpress.com
Architecture+Design+Arts&Crafts+Lifestyle: http://marjitecture.wordpress.com

Ace
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Ace » 31 May 2007, 11:47

WDC wrote:i think kimi has never had the best of attitudes for F1! he is full of talent, but his mentality is a bit off!
arrogance is a great word to describe it but the problem is he hasnt achieved a lot to be arogant!
I agree with U, but not fully.

Back to the days with McLaren, Kimi had difficult races, when he needed a reliable car Mercedes let him down, when needed to fight for WDC. And with lot of that kinda races he leared how to deal with disappointments (is this right word?) and he became iceman who ignores them. Now I think that he is cool to everything around him. If U look at Alosno, Hamilton and Massa, they all are in hunt for WDC and they are very proactive, they are all pushing the team forward, and I don't see Kimi doing that. In last few races I think like that he don't want a tilte bkuz he is not showing that he wants the tiltle. So if he miss tilte this year I don't think that he will be disappointed. Yellow_Colorz_PDT_08

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 31 May 2007, 13:16

Michael Schumacher is currently leading the ranking Best Formula 1 driver ever on rankopedia. Schumacher sports a comfortable lead over Ayrton Senna, Alain Prost and Juan Manuel Fangio.
http://www.rankopedia.com/ZoneID=3/19848/Step1/7.htm

_*kimi-Iku*_
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by _*kimi-Iku*_ » 31 May 2007, 17:30

Oh!! SCHUMI IS MY FAV DRIVER ALWAYS WILL BE AND ONLY HIM!.. why?.. ohhh.. if i writte all reasons.. maybe i cant finish today!
http://www.kr-iceman.phpbb24.com [Spanish & English Kimi Forum]*
KIMI RAIKKONEN WORLD CHAMPION 2007 *Kovalainen & Hulkenberg - Forever*

Beserker_Rage
car driver
car driver

Post by Beserker_Rage » 01 Jun 2007, 07:03

My favourite driver is Fisichella. When I lived in Rome many years ago before he was in F1 I used to know his dad :lol: he always told me his son would be a big driving star one day. That is why I support him.

Though all time favourtie is probably Senna, I used to love his style he was really cool and a nice man, always kind to his fans when he came to Italy.

Oh and also Pizzonia :cheesy:, I loved Jaguar Racing and Dark_Fisico loved him :mrgreen: but now she has forgotten him when he is driving for FMS :lol: which made us all laugh.

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 01 Jun 2007, 07:54

Beserker_Rage wrote:Oh and also Pizzonia :cheesy:, I loved Jaguar Racing and Dark_Fisico loved him :mrgreen: but now she has forgotten him when he is driving for FMS :lol: which made us all laugh.
It is NOT funny I tell you, I can forget men if I want to :lol:... I remember him now don't I :lol:...