Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by ish678 » 29 Jul 2010, 21:24

valuk wrote:
ish678 wrote:Just watching highlights of 2009 Hungary GP on TV while I wait for Kimi's turn in the rally. My God, I miss watching him race and get podiums. It was just when it started to go better for him last year and it's brilliant to see him fighting at the front. I'm not sure it was the best idea to watch though - it's such a great feeling watching him race again but it makes me sad that he's not there anymore at the same time. Sigh.

I know he's happy in rally but still...
That was a great race, he pushed that donkey around the track like there is no tomorrow.
Definitely. That car had no right to finish where it did but seeing him throw it around like he did and still finish 2nd (even with the dodgy pitstop :lol: ) was brilliant.

valuk
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by valuk » 29 Jul 2010, 21:25

ish678 wrote:
valuk wrote:
ish678 wrote:Just watching highlights of 2009 Hungary GP on TV while I wait for Kimi's turn in the rally. My God, I miss watching him race and get podiums. It was just when it started to go better for him last year and it's brilliant to see him fighting at the front. I'm not sure it was the best idea to watch though - it's such a great feeling watching him race again but it makes me sad that he's not there anymore at the same time. Sigh.

That was a great race, he pushed that donkey around the track like there is no tomorrow.
Definitely. That car had no right to finish where it did but seeing him throw it around like he did and still finish 2nd (even with the dodgy pitstop :lol: ) was brilliant.
I think his set up (for once) was spot on, so he could really push.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ish678 » 29 Jul 2010, 21:29

It's a shame that Massa had to get a smack on the head first before he could get it.

valuk
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by valuk » 29 Jul 2010, 21:34

I think that they just "didn´t get him" at Ferrari.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 30 Jul 2010, 02:40

Valuk,

Not all of them did not get him... the decision makers did not get him.
The JINX

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 30 Jul 2010, 03:13

Kinga wrote:
ish678 wrote:JMy God, I miss watching him race and get podiums. It was just when it started to go better for him last year and it's brilliant to see him fighting at the front. I'm not sure it was the best idea to watch though - it's such a great feeling watching him race again but it makes me sad that he's not there anymore at the same time. Sigh.

Absolutely my feelings! Couldn't have said it better! :confused:

I absolutely miss him in F1! :(

Oink!

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 30 Jul 2010, 23:40

Courtesy of Tania
Still no decision about Raikkonen's F1 future

Kimi Raikkonen has once again refused to shed any light on his plans for 2011.

It is expected that the 2007 world champion intends to stay at least another year in the world rally championship.

But Citroen recently announced that Sebastien Loeb and Sebastien Ogier are staying put, without mentioning the future of Finn Raikkonen, who has also been linked with a return to Formula One.

When asked on Thursday ahead of the Finnish rally if there is any news about his plans, the 30-year-old answered: "No, not yet. We have some decisions to make and I haven't done that yet.

"I can honestly say that I do not know," he added in a separate interview.

FIA president Jean Todt told Turun Sanomat newspaper that he respects Raikkonen's decision last year to move to rallying.

"When he wanted a new challenge, it was very courageous to pick rally. But F1 is a constant pressure so I can understand why Kimi wanted to do something else," said the Frenchman.

"What I can say is that if the reigning champion Jenson Button, or whoever wins this year's title should go to rallying, he would not be at the same level of Kimi in their first season," added Todt.

Both Raikkonen and Todt refused to comment on the Ferrari team orders scandal.

"I'm not in Formula One, so I don't care what's happening there," said the Finn.

And Todt added: "We will deal with it in due course, but I don't want to talk about F1 now."
http://www.motorsport.com/news/article. ... 9903&FS=F1
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 31 Jul 2010, 18:25

Räikkönen to MTV3: My Jyväskylä victory may take some time

After Finland's WRC rally MTV3 asked Kimi Räikkönen whether his name will some day be written on the honorable list of Jyväskylä winners. Jari-Matti Latvala was added on that list on Saturday.

After the race Räikkönen almost promised to return to Jyväskylä's gravel roads next year.

-It's very much possible. Nothing is certain but it's a bigger chance than me driving in F1.

Reaching the victory battle in Rally Finland demands previous experience.

-There's fast roads here that one can drive really fast when one knows them. I've noticed that it would be possible to drive a lot faster into many places but that will come after driving them enough. This was one of the most difficult rallies. Rally Finland is well organized and there were a lot of spectators. The feeling is a bit different than in a lot of other places. It was a wonderful experience, Räikkönen said.

Next Räikkönen heads to Germany for rally tests. So he won't participate in Helsinki Motorsport Weekend next week.

MTV3 – Jani Merimaa, Jyväskylä
http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/ralli/uutise ... 07/1164767

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ish678 » 31 Jul 2010, 20:53

Bigger chance than him driving in F1? That's it then, he's pretty much confirmed it. :( Unless he's messing with us. But what would be the point of that?

And no Helsinki Motorsport Weekend? Shame. But I guess the testing is more important. :)

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 31 Jul 2010, 21:55

ish, i just dont buy it, i think he will be back in f1 next year. i could be wrong, but i have a strong feeling that if he were to rally next year, he would have made it official before rally finland. if its rally what could he be waiting for?
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 31 Jul 2010, 22:36

Lynx'niK wrote:
Dracaena wrote:
Kimi Räikkönen is enjoying rally and doesn't miss the F1 world.

Kimi Räikkönen, who will drive in Jyväskylä's WRC rally for the second time, is being regularly connected to F1 (in the media). But Kimi is not about to go back to the world of F1.

-The F1 circles don't interest me one bit. I was there for several years and I don't miss it, said Kimi.

He talks about Coulthard´s and Lauda´s and Domenicalli´s. F1´s inner circle. He doesn´t say explicit F1 racing.
Räikkönen left a small, almost nonexistent, backgate open for an F1 return.

-It's only worth going back to a team where one can win. And those teams are very few. The likelihood of my F1 return is in the range of a few percent.

Kimi is planning to drive rally also next year.

-We'll see what car I'll be driving then. There are a few choices, Kimi told.

few f1&few chances = F1 :lol:

PEKKA JALONEN
pekka.jalonen@iltalehti.fi
JYVÄSKYLÄ
first I was a bit :<>: cause I thought it´s game over. He keeps on doing Rallye ( I like it, but I love watchin kimi live), but now there are these freakin hints :p
I would like to watch him racin in F1 plus I haven´t finished my new video yet, please wait kimi darlin before I finish it up.[/quote]

I was reading and reading the article thinking what the hell, has Kimi said that DC, Lauda and Domenicali form an inner F1-circle :lol:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 31 Jul 2010, 22:36

Wolfie wrote:
Lynx'niK wrote:
Dracaena wrote:
Kimi Räikkönen is enjoying rally and doesn't miss the F1 world.

Kimi Räikkönen, who will drive in Jyväskylä's WRC rally for the second time, is being regularly connected to F1 (in the media). But Kimi is not about to go back to the world of F1.

-The F1 circles don't interest me one bit. I was there for several years and I don't miss it, said Kimi.

He talks about Coulthard´s and Lauda´s and Domenicalli´s. F1´s inner circle. He doesn´t say explicit F1 racing.
Räikkönen left a small, almost nonexistent, backgate open for an F1 return.

-It's only worth going back to a team where one can win. And those teams are very few. The likelihood of my F1 return is in the range of a few percent.

Kimi is planning to drive rally also next year.

-We'll see what car I'll be driving then. There are a few choices, Kimi told.

few f1&few chances = F1 :lol:

PEKKA JALONEN
pekka.jalonen@iltalehti.fi
JYVÄSKYLÄ
first I was a bit :<>: cause I thought it´s game over. He keeps on doing Rallye ( I like it, but I love watchin kimi live), but now there are these freakin hints :p
I would like to watch him racin in F1 plus I haven´t finished my new video yet, please wait kimi darlin before I finish it up.
-----------------------------

I was reading and reading the article thinking what the hell, has Kimi said that DC, Lauda and Domenicali form an inner F1-circle :lol:[/quote]
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 01 Aug 2010, 00:55

Maria,

I think Kimi is finalizing some contractual stuff ... hence the delay - cos for him to come out and say the chances of winning rallye Finland is better than going back to F1 says A LOT.
The JINX

SilentKiller
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by SilentKiller » 01 Aug 2010, 06:12

I hope the Citroen deal doesnt go through, just like the Mclaren deal last year.:pray:
It will be sweet revenge for all of us who wants him in F1. :confused:Image

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 01 Aug 2010, 07:03

brendakarli wrote:Maria,

I think Kimi is finalizing some contractual stuff ... hence the delay - cos for him to come out and say the chances of winning rallye Finland is better than going back to F1 says A LOT.
I for one am dearly wanting him in WRC. But on a genuine note I can account Kimi's delay in taking decision only for two things. Either Kimi has multiple options in WRC and is taking time to evaluate them or the most important reason could be that he still feels that there is a gap in the opening for him at Red Bull. I am serious on this as it is more than a wishful thinking. As it is webber has acted so much cocky these days and if he continues his form in performance then its ok or else there would be a SOS call to kimi for next year. Perhaps everything is being planned backdoors. Like Flavio trying to set up webber at Ferrari, Webber acknowledging the rubbish actions by Ferrari and saying that Ferrari did the right thing, Massa's race being sacrifice, Flavio's visits to ferrari. So all of this cant be coincidence. Just that Kimi must be having options open. If Red Bull or this mystery takes more time then he will commit to WRC or else i feel the chances are still there that he would jump in to Red bull.

Also on another hand there is this case of Schumi-haug-kimi. No matter how much schumi has achieved in past but surely mercedes cant wait for miracles to happen. Schumi clearly has been off color this season and would mercedes and haug would like to invest more time and efforts for another year is a big question. It would also be a huge risk to do that. No one will openly come out and say that I dont need Schumacher and looking for options, We think webber is not fitting in for us or We dont love massa any more or he is not a part of our family anymore. No body does this in open. everything works in backdoor. so we never know what is to come our way.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season