Lewis Hamilton

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
WDC
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by WDC » 29 May 2007, 03:00

Chubbs wrote:its really frustrating because i thnk its turning people against lewis...
i agree 100% and im one of those people whos turning away from him!
im not a fan of the hype and so far i think he is over rated!

and that, come to think of it would probably be because of the ITV commentators!
Thankyou Schumi you will always have a place in our hearts!
Michael Schumacher- 7 volte Campione del mondo!
SIMPLY THE BEST

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 29 May 2007, 15:51

Overrated? Youngest rookie to lead championship, First rookie to podium in 5 consecutive races (and counting?) He's got more podium in 5 races than most drivers in the field with 100+ gps!

Also amazing manouvers to recover against Kubica, to pass Massa and not to mention his efforts to secure Alonso's Monaco win?

How is that "hype"?

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 29 May 2007, 15:54

Thomas wrote:TV has always been and it will always be dumb and there is no doubt about. They think that by running their mouths off create a great show and interesting race. For those who know a bit more about F1 they can understand what's going on in the circuit by just watching the lap times etc. I believe that the little comments next to the live timing window are a lot more worthy of our attention than any muppet speaking on TV so that he can get his bank account fatter.
Lewis drove amazingly today but as the race proved he was heavier on fuel than Alonso which implies that it was a McLaren strategy to promote an Alonso win because the same way they run him light creating the initial gap leaving Hamilton behind in case Massa was starting to fly and became a threat for their 1-2.

Also at the end of the second stint they could have let Hamilton go a bit further and let him have a go at Alonso but they didnt. Ron Denis said at the end he had to be harsh for one of the drivers and I believe that was the reason for the disappointment Lewis had in his face.
Are there no other voices of reason?

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 29 May 2007, 20:43

Right I feel like I should try to explain why I dislike Hamilton... Just so I don't get into this arguement any more :lol: (so far today I've had it on 3 different internet sites :P)...

I don't like drivers that go straight into a winning car and are then over-hyped and become arragont sounding in what they are saying, a lot of the drivers I like never get out of the backmarkers, and when they do have already peeked and then get branded as useless drivers... Yes maybe thats me taking it out on Hamilton, but I did the same to Nico last year but slowly warmed to him during the season... So maybe its just the ITV and I shouldn't watch it but its hard when I go onto my fan clubs on bebo and half the comments are 'Fisichella sucks Hamilton rulz' or 'Join this Hamilton band blah blah blah'...

I don't believe he has a great talent (this is my opinon of what I've seen SO FAR), and I think its different circumstances to Fisico and Renault before you start on that one :mrgreen:... I think he has the talent to work the McLaren because thats what uncle Ron has raised him to do... And its perfectly ok because I applaud the man for having the b*** to go and take his chance asking Ron Dennis for work... It takes something to do that, but I really can't see anything special (as I said SO FAR)... I like to rate people on everything that makes a driver and Hamilton hasn't ticked my boxes yet...

Then theres all the things I'm promised by ITV... They spent 2 hours intruding on Fisichellas life on the weekend... A man with two little kids, because he knew his fans would love to see the inside of his boat... And they replaced it with an interview with Lewis Hamilton, which in it he insulted the drivers and talked some c**p about Senna... That just gets to me...

So no I have no good reason to hate Hamilton, but then again noone has given me a good reason to LIKE him either... But thats my excuses made early :mrgreen: ...

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 30 May 2007, 00:31

Dark_Fisico wrote:Right I feel like I should try to explain why I dislike Hamilton... Just so I don't get into this arguement any more :lol: (so far today I've had it on 3 different internet sites :P)...
Which means you copied your own post from another forum and pasted it here!!! CHEATER!!!!! No points!!! :cheesy:
Just kidding...

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 30 May 2007, 00:40

Dark_Fisico wrote: I don't like drivers that go straight into a winning car and are then over-hyped and become arragont sounding in what they are saying, a lot of the drivers I like never get out of the backmarkers, and when they do have already peeked and then get branded as useless drivers...
You like underdogs... that's cool. But how do you feel about Jacques Villenueve, Mika Hakkinen, Damon Hill and JP Montoya?
Dark_Fisico wrote: I like to rate people on everything that makes a driver and Hamilton hasn't ticked my boxes yet...
What is he missing that say Vitantonio Liuzzi or Christian Albers have? A shite car? :lol:
Dark_Fisico wrote: So no I have no good reason to hate Hamilton, but then again noone has given me a good reason to LIKE him either... But thats my excuses made early :mrgreen: ...
Fair enough, so basically you hate him for no good reason! Welcome to my world! 8)

WDC
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by WDC » 30 May 2007, 03:10

wow, again someone is reading my mind on this forum! dark fisico, well said...
i agree...

bananaGP... i really really dislike jacques with a passion!
mika i have a lot of respect for, but his car wasnt really that competetive from the start!
Damon Hill got lucky, and i didnt really like him much either, but he is a gentleman.
and as for JPM, errr... i knew he wasnt going to last from his first race!

im with dark fisico, i have no good reason to not like him but i have no good reason to like him either...
Thankyou Schumi you will always have a place in our hearts!
Michael Schumacher- 7 volte Campione del mondo!
SIMPLY THE BEST

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 30 May 2007, 08:23

BANANAGP wrote:
Dark_Fisico wrote: I don't like drivers that go straight into a winning car and are then over-hyped and become arragont sounding in what they are saying, a lot of the drivers I like never get out of the backmarkers, and when they do have already peeked and then get branded as useless drivers...
You like underdogs... that's cool. But how do you feel about Jacques Villenueve, Mika Hakkinen, Damon Hill and JP Montoya?
Dark_Fisico wrote: I like to rate people on everything that makes a driver and Hamilton hasn't ticked my boxes yet...
What is he missing that say Vitantonio Liuzzi or Christian Albers have? A shite car? :lol:
Dark_Fisico wrote: So no I have no good reason to hate Hamilton, but then again noone has given me a good reason to LIKE him either... But thats my excuses made early :mrgreen: ...
Fair enough, so basically you hate him for no good reason! Welcome to my world! 8)
Well the point of my sig was I was trying to find a replacement for Fisi when he went so they are the best looking drivers behind him :lol:... Though Liuzzi ticks one box, he's Italian so I kinda feel inclinded to support him a little bit...

As for Villeneuve, I thought he was a good personality but never supported him, didn't have much of an opinon on him really... Damon Hill I kinda had to like because my mum and my nan loved him :lol: it was just a family thing... And Mika, I respected what he did but I don't really like Finns that much :lol:...

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 30 May 2007, 14:08

Dark_Fisico wrote:Well the point of my sig was I was trying to find a replacement for Fisi when he went so they are the best looking drivers behind him :lol:... Though Liuzzi ticks one box, he's Italian so I kinda feel inclinded to support him a little bit...
At least you're consistent! :lol:

Dark_Fisico wrote:As for Villeneuve, I thought he was a good personality but never supported him, didn't have much of an opinon on him really... Damon Hill I kinda had to like because my mum and my nan loved him :lol: it was just a family thing... And Mika, I respected what he did but I don't really like Finns that much :lol:...
I actually shouldn't have included Mika... he did well against Senna and helped (along with Coulthard) to bring back McLaren in the late 1990's...

I bumped into Damon at a party in London 5 years ago or so and I called him Damion instead of Damon which was very embarassing. Nice bloke actually but with Senna's death i became resentful - I felt he (and JV) inherited an awesome machine developed with input from Prost/Senna and they basically contributed nothing to it afterwards.

Not to place too much emphasis on the drivers mind you - the designers, mechanics, technical staff and factory workers are of huge importance, certainly more than drivers alone, but I feel great drivers are the glue that brings everything together.

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 31 May 2007, 19:51

I'm a very consistant person :cheesy:...

I guess Fisico was the first driver I liked after Senna, probably why I'm protective of him...

julie
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by julie » 01 Jun 2007, 19:40

Dark_Fisico wrote:I'm a very consistant person :cheesy:...

I guess Fisico was the first driver I liked after Senna, probably why I'm protective of him...
I'm protective of the drivers i like to :) and hate when anyone says anything bad about them or indeed about anyone i like i jump to their defence straight away
ImageImage

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 01 Jun 2007, 19:44

julie wrote:

I'm protective of the drivers i like to :) and hate when anyone says anything bad about them or indeed about anyone i like i jump to their defence straight away
Sounds like a warning! :shock::cheesy:

julie
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by julie » 02 Jun 2007, 17:39

BANANAGP wrote:
julie wrote:

Sure is, so watch out ok :) :)
ImageImage

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 04 Jun 2007, 14:18

julie wrote:
BANANAGP wrote:
julie wrote:

Sure is, so watch out ok :) :)
Disagreeing is half the fun! I'll play nice though... :cheesy:

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 04 Jun 2007, 14:39

The most heart warming quote I've heard was from Jense telling us what the Hamilton effect has had on him...
"I often used to say I wish I could get some space when the media was focused on me," the Briton said. "Now I have plenty of space. In fact, I appear to be completely alone."
Kinda reminds me of Webber last year in Williams when everyone was running around after Nico and he had to hold his own umbrella and was totally alone all the time :lol:...