2010 Hungarian Grand Prix

Season 2010 - Reports, photos, quotes, stats, interviews, gossips, and hot discussion.
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

2010 Hungarian Grand Prix

Post by iceman1 » 26 Jul 2010, 18:26

2010 FORMULA 1 Hungarian Grand Prix - FORMULA 1 ENI MAGYAR NAGYDIJ 2010

wikipedia wrote:
The first Hungarian Grand Prix (Hungarian: Magyar Nagydíj) was held on June 21, 1936 over a 3.1-mile track laid out in Népliget, a park near the center of Budapest. The Mercedes-Benz, Auto Union, and Ferrari teams all sent three cars and the event drew a very large crowd. However, politics and the ensuing war meant the end of Grand Prix motor racing in the country for fifty years
Grand Prix History
The Hungaroring held its first Grand Prix in 1986 and has since been ever-present on the Formula One calendar.
The circuit is a modern complex and facilities are good. But overtaking is difficult and this often turns the races here into a procession from the grid.
Grand Prix Information
Laps 70
Circuit length 4.38 km (2.72 miles)
Race length 306.66 km (190.55 miles)
Most wins by single driver Michael Schumacher (4)
Most wins by single constructor Williams (7)
Lap Record Race 1:19.071
Lap Record Driver Michael Schumacher (2004)
Tires Prime Soft
Tires Optional Super Soft
Budapest technical preview
The Hungaroring offers plenty of challenges to drivers and engineers alike. The circuit features no high-speed corners, leading the team to run the highest possible downforce levels, while the primary concern for the engine team is ensuring good cooling in the usually hot conditions. The high summer temperatures also make life difficult for the drivers, who need to be in peak physical condition to cope with a race that gives them very little respite over its 70-lap distance.

Aerodynamics

The twisting, 14-corner layout of the Hungaroring features just one legitimate overtaking opportunity per lap, into turn 1. Apart from this straight of just over 700m, the circuit is filled with sequences of low to medium-speed corners, with short braking distances which make overtaking nearly impossible. The result is that the teams all run with maximum downforce levels, similar if not identical to those used in Monaco, in order to optimise not just cornering speeds, but also braking and traction. Maximum speeds achieved on the main straight rarely exceed 300kph with the V8 engines.

Suspension
Mechanical grip is an important factor at a low-speed circuit such as this, and teams will generally try to run the car with softer settings all round to improve mechanical grip. The drivers want a responsive car in the low-speed sections, with good traction on corner exit, which will usually lead the teams to a forward mechanical bias (stiffer front/softer rear) in terms of set-up. However, rear tyre wear must be monitored very carefully, particularly to avoid overloading the softer compound available this weekend.

Cooling
Another important chassis parameter will be ensuring good cooling of the mechanical parts. Although the car's cooling capacity is now well-known, attention must be paid to ensuring the radiators are still well-cooled in spite of the high levels of front downforce we run at this circuit. This will have been the object of particular attention in the wind tunnel, and will be fine-tuned during the weekend to ensure the cooling solution required brings the minimum performance penalty.

Engine
With the longest period spent at full throttle barely exceeding ten seconds, and with only 56% of the lap spent at full throttle (significantly lower than the average), this is not a demanding circuit for the engine. Of the 14 corners, five are taken in second gear at around 100kph. Unlike Monaco, where the cars reach abnormally slow speeds in the hairpins, the minimum speed at the Hungaroring is approximately 90kph. This means the engine spends the majority of its time in a relatively narrow operating window between 100kph and 250kph, and the closely-spaced gear ratios we use are selected to ensure optimum performance in this range. As always on a circuit featuring a large number of slow corners, good torque is important to help launch the cars out of the turns.
Current Driver Standings

Current Teams Standings

Winners 1996-2009

Code: Select all

1996: Jacques Villeneuve  Williams-Renault
1997: Jacques Villeneuve  Williams-Renault
1998: Michael Schumacher  Ferrari
1999: Mika Häkkinen  McLaren-Mercedes
2000: Mika Häkkinen  McLaren-Mercedes
2001: Michael Schumacher  Ferrari
2002: Rubens Barrichello  Ferrari
2003: Fernando Alonso  Renault
2004: Michael Schumacher  Ferrari
2005: Kimi Räikkönen  McLaren-Mercedes
2006: Jenson Button  Honda
2007: Lewis Hamilton  McLaren-Mercedes
2008: Heikki Kovaleinen
2009 : Lewis Hamilton 
Onboard Lap

Live timing
You can follow live timing at formula1.com official website: http://www.anonym.to/?http://www.formul ... iming.html

F1 Prediction League
Don't forget to submit your predictions http://www.F1zone.net/formel.php

Video Thread
Coming soon...

Questions
1) Who will take pole and who will win the race?
2) Which driver will lead the WDC after the race ?
3) Any further problems for Mclaren?
4) Will Mercedes do anything good?
5) What can the new teams achieve?

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: 2010 Hungarian Grand Prix

Post by megasyxx » 26 Jul 2010, 18:28

1) Who will take pole and who will win the race?
hopefully any of the 2 mclaren drivers :)
2) Which driver will lead the WDC after the race ?
hamilton
3) Any further problems for Mclaren?
hopefully no more :)
4) Will Mercedes do anything good?
? they've been doing things bad :D .... hopefully good this time
5) What can the new teams achieve?
maybe slot in @ quali 2

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sdutt » 26 Jul 2010, 18:58

megasyxx wrote:1) Who will take pole and who will win the race?
hopefully any of the 2 mclaren drivers :)
you are wrong Nuke, you know you are not hoping for tht :p :pray:

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 26 Jul 2010, 19:06

1) Who will take pole and who will win the race - Pole for Sebastian Vettel and Race win for Hamilton.
2) Which driver will lead the WDC after the race - Hamilton
3) Any further problems for Mclaren - Nope
4) Will Mercedes do anything good - Not possible at all
5) What can the new teams achieve - As usual - nothing

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sdutt » 26 Jul 2010, 19:18

1) Who will take pole and who will win the race - Mark webber
2) Which driver will lead the WDC after the race - Hamilton
3) Any further problems for Mclaren - No
4) Will Mercedes do anything good - they will not lose positions after first lap :lol:
5) What can the new teams achieve - they will struggle in this track more than others

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 27 Jul 2010, 20:19

Williams will run some new aerodynamic parts during Friday practice for Sunday's Hungarian Grand Prix.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsp ... 858420.stm

alex1369
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by alex1369 » 27 Jul 2010, 22:00

and i will be there to watch it all live, cant wait

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 27 Jul 2010, 22:06

I think Massa is gonna win. OH NO! Wait! He can't win!!

I hope McLaren is gonna win here: 4th time in a row!
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 27 Jul 2010, 22:07

alex1369 wrote:and i will be there to watch it all live, cant wait
Good Luck and Have fun :thumbsup:

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 28 Jul 2010, 03:27

JoostLamers wrote:I think Massa is gonna win. OH NO! Wait! He can't win!!
:lol:
Massa can win! He can't win if it's a ferrari 1-2 with alonso in 2nd and can't overtake him :n ( :confused: weird huh? )
I hope McLaren is gonna win here: 4th time in a row!
this i wanna see! :cool:

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 28 Jul 2010, 08:50

Chandhok to miss Hungary as well
Sakon Yamamoto will enjoy his third Grand Prix of the season this weekend in Hungary as the Japanese driver will once again replace Karun Chandhok. Yamamoto replaced Bruno Senna at Silverstone and team-mate Karun Chandhok at Hockenheim. In Hungary Chandhok will have to sit out the race once again as the Spanish outfit continues to share driving duties among its three drivers.

Speaking about the upcoming Grand Prix Sakon Yamamoto said: “I can’t wait to go back to the Hungaroring as I know the circuit already very well from my Formula 1 races with Super Aguri, Spyker F1 and with ART in GP2 series. The races there are always very tough because there is no big gap between the corners. You need a good braking stability and good traction on the car. I keep on pushing for another challenge and I hope that we are luckier than in Hockenheim.”

Omegablue
Kart Champion
Kart Champion
Location: Heart is in Italy. Body in South Africa. Mind on another planet.

Post by Omegablue » 28 Jul 2010, 10:05

1) Who will take pole and who will win the race? Hopefully someone aside from Redbull & McLaren
2) Which driver will lead the WDC after the race ? Most likely a Mclaren driver
3) Any further problems for Mclaren? Depends on how RedBull's voodoo session will work on them.
4) Will Mercedes do anything good? Schumey will finish ahead of Roseberg.
5) What can the new teams achieve? 5 minutes of race coverage.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 28 Jul 2010, 11:27

Force India to trial blown diffuser in Hungary
Spoiler:
Force India have confirmed that, for the first time this year, they will be running a blown diffuser on their car on Friday in Hungary. Pioneered by Red Bull, such a component allows hot exhaust gases to exit the car lower down and therefore contribute to higher levels of rear downforce.

With McLaren having first raced the rear wing-stalling f-duct and Red Bull the exhaust-blown diffuser, all other teams have been striving to develop similar systems for their own cars.

“We can be confident that we have enough strength in current performance and the new developments coming,” Team Principal and Chairman Vijay Mallya said on Wednesday.

“On Friday we will test the blown diffuser, which we believe will give us a big step forward. We will analyse the findings and any data will be fed back into the programme for the second half of the year. Similarly, we have some new developments on the front of the floor.

“This year we have a much more balanced car over all types of tracks and, while we would look forward to Spa and Monza as high-speed tracks that should suit us better, I think we will hold our own in Hungary.”
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 28 Jul 2010, 12:01

JoostLamers wrote:I think Massa is gonna win. OH NO! Wait! He can't win!!
...!
Can you sleep every night?.

Some are already tired of hearing so many whining, especially when they have more than to shut up that to talk about

1) Who will take pole and who will win the race ? - Any Ferrari driver. Alonso likes this track.
2) Which driver will lead the WDC after the race ? Surely Hamilton
3) Any further problems for Mclaren? - Not, FIA solve any problem they have.
4) Will Mercedes do anything good? - I hope they drive more and speak less. MSC
5) What can the new teams achieve? - To finish race, no more.

alex1369
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by alex1369 » 28 Jul 2010, 12:42

Massa can win but only when Alonso screws up, it was like that when MSC and Barichello were at Ferrari, like GER 2000, ITA 2004... MSC screwed it and they had to let Rubens win, MSC won about 70 races at Ferrari while Rubens i think 9 - so MSC screwed it only 9 times...

but lets wait and see, i hope that the race wont be so dull like it was in Germany - it cant get worse than Germany