The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Off-topic thread for rally fans

Post by apple » 27 Jul 2010, 02:47

Kinga wrote:
SpaMaster wrote:Sacking Smedley would be such a shame. Not sure Smedley would want to stay if that is the case, anyway. Smedley has been race engineer of my favourite driver's opposite driver. But he is the only I have found to be the most impressive race engineer in the past 4 years. Undoubtedly the race engineer of the year for many years.
True!

Sometimes I felt that he's better than Dyer and Stella. :) I truely think that sometimes it was because of him if Massa could win a race or finished in a better position than Kimi.
I wonder do Ferrari really can afford to lose their top engineers this way or like I said to Nicole the other day, I think Smedley is the one who wants to leave Ferrari.
Ferrari is becoming more and more a company( as Massa and Alonso said in their interview" a company" )that goes by the book written by Santander. They sacked Kimi and I wouldnt be surprised they would sack their valuable engineer stuff just because of corporal image..which is now going down the toilet.

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Julia » 27 Jul 2010, 04:53

They already have the iceman-Red Bull hats in the WRC webshop:

http://www.wrcclothing.com/categories.php?id=18

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 27 Jul 2010, 05:51

"...Now we don't know if Ferrari is still Ferrari and not a branch of a bank." <--- I loved this bit! Kiitos, Nikki!

And good luck, ish! Hope you bag it :)

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 27 Jul 2010, 07:22

This was alarming if I got the 'replacement' bit correct :fear:
Briatore: Alonso is right and this is why
Published by Leo Turrini Mon, 26/07/2010 - 20:01

I always enjoy chatting with Briatore. For a number of reasons. First he is Italian, it's nice, I admit. Second I almost always disagree with his views and this reinforces my damn self. Third, as some will remember we have a bet, he and I, about Hamilton and Button. Fourth, well, Flavio visited Maranello so it has to be something important since he is the manager of El Banco ...

This is how our conversation today went. To avoid any doubts, this is strictly true.

'Look, you are so jealous of me lying in the sun on a hundred yards long boat that you write in rage but I suppose you are interested in my views of the story of Alonso and Massa. ...'

On the phone, Flavio Briatore was in a splendid form. And the rest is money, the father says he is finally happy now that he is the manager of Fernando of Spain who has just returned to success in the German GP.

'No, no, let's have this talk, Elisabetta's husband Flavio says: "I support 100% the choice Ferrari's pit made'.

I didn't doubt that now that you live almost next to Maranello.

'Let me speak. Did my friend Domenicali have to do it? The season is almost half-away and only Alonso can still win the title. In this situation leaving him behind Massa would have been foolish '.

Yes, but ...

'No but. The result table is a reality, okay? And it's quite clear that in order for Fernando to succeed we need help from Felipe. If the Brasilian doesn't co-operate then it's necessarily not impossible to replace him.'

Allow me? In truth he didn't like it based on that freezing radio communication, half-lies in the post race interview ...

'You are allowed but we have to be clear about one thing. If you say that Ferrari could and should have solved the problem before the start of the race, I agree '.

Well, someone has got something wrong.

'In Maranello they know very well who is the leader. The leader is Alonso. If you tell me that Smedley didn't sound happy on radio, I agree. But the substance remains intact. Each team has two cars on the track, F1 is a team sport even if the driver's title goes to only one man'.

What would you have done?

'What Domenicali did'.

I bet by now you are as thick as thieves.

'But I would have done it before he did, I can assure you that. I would not have waited until there was less than twenty laps to the finish '.

However, the FIA fined the Ferrari and there will be a hearing before the world council.

'I wouldn't worry. The President of the International Federation is Jean Todt who did the same at Ferrari's pitbox in Zeltweg in 2002. He can't order those who follow his example. Oh, it's a joke, ... '

Apart from the controversy, what are Alonso's chances?

'Um, is not easy. They are still behind. But you know, the thing I regret is that this mess has overshadowed the great merits of the Ferrari team. In less than a month we have pulled off a fantastic car, we have recovered half a second to Red Bulll. We're great '.

Just?

'Once again, it is difficult to secure that Alonso alone can do it if Massa doesn't take take points away from other candidates'.

Flavio, you already speak like a leader of the Horse.

'Come on with this story! No, it will not happen, don't worry '.

Oh, I'm quite calm.

'I'm too. I'm far away from the pitbox and I feel great. Why should I ruin my liver by going to a place that you are a part of? '
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 27 Jul 2010, 08:15

Bad situational awareness by Ferrari but that aside, I agree 100% with the Thong.

Let the flaming begin in 5, 4, 3, 2,......
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

realms
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by realms » 27 Jul 2010, 17:41

Hey sorry for taking it offtopic here :)

I am looking for advice ... I have a mechanical engineering degree ... I don't know what I want . But just that I want to join sone course . The only subjects I had interest in during degree was the one that had something to do with fluids . Oh and I have spent 3 years doing nothing .

Sorry

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 27 Jul 2010, 18:17

Why do you want to do some course? You have finished the degree, right? Why not do higher studies or take up a job?
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 27 Jul 2010, 18:32

realms wrote:Hey sorry for taking it offtopic here :)

I am looking for advice ... I have a mechanical engineering degree ... I don't know what I want . But just that I want to join sone course . The only subjects I had interest in during degree was the one that had something to do with fluids . Oh and I have spent 3 years doing nothing .

Sorry
realms, let's talk about it in the coffee house, I'm a chemical engineer, fluid mechanics was my love too....

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 27 Jul 2010, 18:48

Wow, two chemical engineers here!

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 27 Jul 2010, 18:55

SpaMaster wrote:Wow, two chemical engineers here!
you are? you looked like one :lol: I have seen you in the other fora too, a smart and wise guy...

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 27 Jul 2010, 19:39

Oh noes, you can't powerpunch praises like that! :p Glad to know you are a chemical engineer, Acropolis! The only ones who can solve the pollution problems of this world, as they are the ones who create it in first place. :lol: Seriously, I like chemical engineering and mechanical engineering a lot. I like environment and renewable energy (I should say sustainable energy) a lot.

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 27 Jul 2010, 19:45

SpaMaster wrote:Oh noes, you can't powerpunch praises like that! :p Glad to know you are a chemical engineer, Acropolis! The only ones who can solve the pollution problems of this world, as they are the ones who create it in first place. :lol: Seriously, I like chemical engineering and mechanical engineering a lot. I like environment and renewable energy (I should say sustainable energy) a lot.
this is the joke we always make! my father was saying: you did it, correct it now!
well' even unis use the term renewable, so....

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 27 Jul 2010, 20:04

Kimi Finnish Rally preview in Finnish

TO THE HOME RACE IN FIRST CLASS

I've been waiting for this for so long when being in motorsport and now I finally get to drive for the first time in the very first class a World Championship-race in Finland. We drove in Jyväskylä with Kaitsu last year already but you can't compare it to this. This WRC-car is a completely different machine than the 2000 was a year ago. The speeds a insanely much harder.

In F1 somewhere in Hungary the benches were filled with Finland's flags but it's completely different to drive a real home race. We are in high feelings when there are lots of people coming to the jubilee-rally and all of us Finnish drivers will get a lot of support alongside the route.

This is my highlight of the season. A home race still means the most for every driver.

It was a little helpful that we have already drove through the route. The basics are done.

Pace noting has started to go better all the time.

Oh well, we didn't finish the rally last time because of that tiny screw-up on Saturday night during the last stage in Väärinmaja. This time the same spot won't be lurking. Now I have that sort of a machine that goes a lot faster.

I just have to be really sharp so that the car stays on the road.

We got a really good testing under the belt again. Everything worked insanely well and we got the car better. I dig these roads. This is now the 7th WRC-rally this year and after so many starts it becomes all the time more easier to understand how to work on the car.

It's way more cooler to jump in the cabin and start pushing the home race when I have chances to drive faster than last year. It won't yet change the fact that even though we go faster, the dudes in the front go insanely fast when compared to others.

We are again going to follow the same scheme. For us the most important thing is that we finish the rally. That's the only way to score points and we want them. It's completely realistic to be in positions 5-10 with an even performance provided we don't screw up. It's a good goal.

Kankkunen's Juha is making a comeback and it's really interesting to see what his pace is. He has drove Jyskälä 20 times so nothing there will suprise him in any way. Welcome back!
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 27 Jul 2010, 20:08

Wolfie wrote:
Kimi Finnish Rally preview in Finnish

TO THE HOME RACE IN FIRST CLASS

I've been waiting for this for so long when being in motorsport and now I finally get to drive for the first time in the very first class a World Championship-race in Finland. We drove in Jyväskylä with Kaitsu last year already but you can't compare it to this. This WRC-car is a completely different machine than the 2000 was a year ago. The speeds a insanely much harder.

In F1 somewhere in Hungary the benches were filled with Finland's flags but it's completely different to drive a real home race. We are in high feelings when there are lots of people coming to the jubilee-rally and all of us Finnish drivers will get a lot of support alongside the route.

This is my highlight of the season. A home race still means the most for every driver.

It was a little helpful that we have already drove through the route. The basics are done.

Pace noting has started to go better all the time.

Oh well, we didn't finish the rally last time because of that tiny screw-up on Saturday night during the last stage in Väärinmaja. This time the same spot won't be lurking. Now I have that sort of a machine that goes a lot faster.

I just have to be really sharp so that the car stays on the road.

We got a really good testing under the belt again. Everything worked insanely well and we got the car better. I dig these roads. This is now the 7th WRC-rally this year and after so many starts it becomes all the time more easier to understand how to work on the car.

It's way more cooler to jump in the cabin and start pushing the home race when I have chances to drive faster than last year. It won't yet change the fact that even though we go faster, the dudes in the front go insanely fast when compared to others.

We are again going to follow the same scheme. For us the most important thing is that we finish the rally. That's the only way to score points and we want them. It's completely realistic to be in positions 5-10 with an even performance provided we don't screw up. It's a good goal.

Kankkunen's Juha is making a comeback and it's really interesting to see what his pace is. He has drove Jyskälä 20 times so nothing there will suprise him in any way. Welcome back!
Thanks a lot, Wolfie :hug:

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 27 Jul 2010, 20:14

Many thanks from me too Wolfie!!!!!!!!!!!!!