The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Off-topic thread for rally fans

Post by redstorm » 26 Jul 2010, 05:50

dindi wrote:LOL... "the anniversary of BOING." I shouldn't be laughing but I am.
And now you will have this stuck in your head:
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 26 Jul 2010, 06:04

Adam Cooper on his site http://adamcooperf1.com/

:zz:Imagine that, Schui chimes in on the Reds :blink:

Michael Schumacher has defended Ferrari’s use of team orders in Hockenheim – while admitting that the team might sometimes have got it wrong in his era.

Schumacher said he totally understands Ferrari’s quest to win the title with Alonso, but in effect conceded that Austria 2002 – the pass that led to the ban – was over the top, because the team was so dominant at the time.

“Watching TV occasionally [on the big screens] I saw Felipe be in first position,” said Schumacher. “I felt obviously happy because he’s a friend of mine. Then hearing Alonso has won the race I was wondering what kind of strategy was that?

“I have been criticised in the past, for exactly that. I have to say I understand 100% and I would do exactly the same if I would be in their situation. Because at the end of the day what are we here for? It’s fighting for a championship. There’s only one that can win the championship. By the end of the year if you think you have lost the championship for exactly that point you will ask yourself, not only yourself but all the fans, all the TV, all the journalists and so on, why didn’t you do so?

“And I think if you go back to other years in other teams in other situations, in the last race for example, there were clear team orders. And everybody accepts those. That’s normal, that’s the last race, and so on. So whether it’s the last race or second last race or even earlier, what’s the point [of criticising]?

“I can see like in the years where in the years when we did it, we were leading so much and people thought it was unnecessary. I can agree on that one in a way. But in principle I fully accept and agree [with] what’s going on.

You have to do it in a way that’s maybe nice and not too obvious, make it a nice fight, but there’s only one target. And that’s winning the championship.

Co-incidentally his former team mate Eddie Irvine echoed that last statement exactly tonight…
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 26 Jul 2010, 06:29

team order will always be there.. but please do it cleverly!... ferrari has messed up big this time... now i'm waiting what will FIA do about this

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 26 Jul 2010, 06:33

Chime in with your vote here: http://poll.fm/23g7e

Mike Gascoyne on Twitter,

I think the stewards made a correct and brave call. 100k is the max fine they can make

And World Motor Sports Council is the right body to make the final decision

If I was the WMSC I would take away team points and leave the drivers points. They just did what they were told to do after all

Lots of people saying drivers position should be reversed but do not see how you could do this

At the end of the day Alonso did not do anything. Massa backed off and let it happen. He is guilty of obeying orders so shouldnt be rewarded

Even if he deserved the win. All only my view and let's face it I've been wrong many times in my career

Hate on Alonso all you want but MG is right. He didn't force the team to make the call and he was not the one that listened and slowed. Sack SD and LDM! This is THEIR mismanagement.
:blush: Im done now. Had to vent.
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 26 Jul 2010, 07:37

momo wrote:From TaniaS: :hug:
Q. It certainly wasn't a risky manoeuvre when you managed to get past Felipe. It looked rather easy from where we were watching.
Q. We heard in Australia this year you saying to the team 'look I am faster than Felipe, let me pass him'. At any stage were you saying that this afternoon?
Q. (Ian Parkes - The Press Association) Fernando and Felipe, via a coded message it appears that we've just witnessed a clear case of team orders being handed out. To Fernando, do you feel embarrassed about taking such a win, and to Felipe do you feel angry about having to give up such a win?
Q. (Alan Baldwin - Reuters) Felipe, after this afternoon, do you now think you're the number two driver at Ferrari?
Q. (Ian Gordon – News of the World) Fernando, you said after Valencia that the race had been manipulated in favour of Lewis. Those words seem a bit hollow now. Where will this victory rank in your career, is it up there with Singapore 2008?

Q. (Ian Gordon – News of the World) Team orders are banned in Formula One. They were banned in 2002, that was blatant team orders.
FA: Sure.

Q. (Ian Gordon – News of the World) Eddie Jordan just said that you two should be kicked out of the race.
Q. (Juha Päätalo – Financial Times Germany) Fernando, I think we all know what happened on lap 48 and we don't need any fairy tales about tyres or anything to be clear of that. I just want to ask you, because in 2006 in Monza you said that Formula One is not a sport any more for you but was that which we saw today a sport?
Q. (Byron Young – The Daily Mirror) Fernando, what have you got to say to the people who would call this a dirty win and if you win the championship, a dirty champion?

Q. (Byron Young – The Daily Mirror) The reality is, though, that you couldn't beat him on the track, so you had to get the team to do it for you.
FA: If that's your opinion.

Q. (Byron Young – The Daily Mirror) I'm asking you, is that not your opinion?
FA: No.

Q. (Byron Young – The Daily Mirror) He had to give you this win, didn't he, Fernando?

Q. (Ian Parkes – The Press Association) Fernando, you've said that you're happy with this win but to be honest, I've never seen a driver look less happy in the middle of a podium there today, and in the middle of this press conference here. Why can't you just be honest with us for once, and just admit that this win was handed to you on a plate today?

Sebastian Vettel: Can I go? :lol:
Wow, that's brutal (and hilarious :D). Thanks TaniaS and momo :thumbsup:.

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 26 Jul 2010, 07:47

Dracaena wrote:
momo wrote:From TaniaS: :hug:
Q. It certainly wasn't a risky manoeuvre when you managed to get past Felipe. It looked rather easy from where we were watching.
Q. We heard in Australia this year you saying to the team 'look I am faster than Felipe, let me pass him'. At any stage were you saying that this afternoon?
Q. (Ian Parkes - The Press Association) Fernando and Felipe, via a coded message it appears that we've just witnessed a clear case of team orders being handed out. To Fernando, do you feel embarrassed about taking such a win, and to Felipe do you feel angry about having to give up such a win?
Q. (Alan Baldwin - Reuters) Felipe, after this afternoon, do you now think you're the number two driver at Ferrari?
Q. (Ian Gordon – News of the World) Fernando, you said after Valencia that the race had been manipulated in favour of Lewis. Those words seem a bit hollow now. Where will this victory rank in your career, is it up there with Singapore 2008?

Q. (Ian Gordon – News of the World) Team orders are banned in Formula One. They were banned in 2002, that was blatant team orders.
FA: Sure.

Q. (Ian Gordon – News of the World) Eddie Jordan just said that you two should be kicked out of the race.
Q. (Juha Päätalo – Financial Times Germany) Fernando, I think we all know what happened on lap 48 and we don't need any fairy tales about tyres or anything to be clear of that. I just want to ask you, because in 2006 in Monza you said that Formula One is not a sport any more for you but was that which we saw today a sport?
Q. (Byron Young – The Daily Mirror) Fernando, what have you got to say to the people who would call this a dirty win and if you win the championship, a dirty champion?

Q. (Byron Young – The Daily Mirror) The reality is, though, that you couldn't beat him on the track, so you had to get the team to do it for you.
FA: If that's your opinion.

Q. (Byron Young – The Daily Mirror) I'm asking you, is that not your opinion?

Q. (Byron Young – The Daily Mirror) He had to give you this win, didn't he, Fernando?

Q. (Ian Parkes – The Press Association) Fernando, you've said that you're happy with this win but to be honest, I've never seen a driver look less happy in the middle of a podium there today, and in the middle of this press conference here. Why can't you just be honest with us for once, and just admit that this win was handed to you on a plate today?

Sebastian Vettel: Can I go? :lol:
Wow, that's brutal (and hilarious :D). Thanks TaniaS and momo :thumbsup:.
yeah the way the media attacking alonso is very brutal... wondering what alonso say to ferrari afterwards..

realms
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by realms » 26 Jul 2010, 07:50

Well said ... It was brutal , had Hamilton done that they wouldn't have questioned like that .

Mclaren cheat , lie yet they are supposed to be the top team in f1 . I think the English press do their part in that .

Vettel was really mature there , even he felt it was too much on Alonso

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 26 Jul 2010, 07:52

redstorm wrote:Hate on Alonso all you want but MG is right. He didn't force the team to make the call and he was not the one that listened and slowed. Sack SD and LDM! This is THEIR mismanagement.
:blush: Im done now. Had to vent.
Red, I feel bad for you, I can imagine how miserable you feel over this nonsense and being the only one here to defend Fred. Hugs for that :hug:.

But I have to comment on Alonso. You're right that team management is of course responsible for giving the order. But let's not forget that Freddy was practically begging for it on team radio, it's not like he was an innocent victim whose reputation the team smeared by forcing him to take part in rule breaking.

But then again I'm not exactly unbiased :zz:. You'd think I'd be annoyed by a Ferrari 1-2 but it's amazing how they managed to turn even that into a disaster...

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 26 Jul 2010, 08:02

realms wrote:Well said ... It was brutal , had Hamilton done that they wouldn't have questioned like that .

Mclaren cheat , lie yet they are supposed to be the top team in f1 . I think the English press do their part in that .

''hmm'' An interesting thought, would be interesting to know how the press would've handled that.

As I said, I'm not unbiased :O. But especially those questions mentioning Singapore and Fred's "I'm sorry for fans who had to watch a manipulated race" comments were spot on. In my mind both Alonso and Hamilton seem to think that everything they do is okay.

Loiste
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Loiste » 26 Jul 2010, 08:42

sammyosammy wrote:
Loiste wrote:I'm going to Neste Rallly )
Nice shirt. Hope it is sunny next week... I´ll hello You if the shirt comes to my sight.. :wave:
I hope! :wave:

Thanks. guys! :shhh: tomorrow I'll leave Moscow and go by a car to Suomi.

Iana
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Iana » 26 Jul 2010, 08:55

Here is a story from as.com about Alonso chanses on F1 title. They hope he can do a ,,KIMI''. If that would hapened, I'm definitly not watching F1 no more. And it begines with German GP

Raikkonen showed that the comeback is possible
Kimi regained his 18 points (such as Alonso now loses 47 ) to Hamilton in 2007 in just seven races.
Carlos Miquel | 23/07/2010
Alonso 's comeback is possible. If we analyze the recent history of Formula 1, no one has been champion since fifth in the championship mid- season. But it points at distances similar to those now Alonso. The nearest road and similar to the current Ferrari driver Raikkonen is the one that followed in 2007. A final seven grands prix of separated him 18 points behind Hamilton and was fourth in the championship . But with a landslide last part , with three victories in the last four grands prix, got to be champion.
Yes, with the invaluable assistance of the huge row between Alonso and McLaren Lewis and mismanagement of Ron Dennis. A war that is reminiscent of that has mounted this year at Red Bull . Curiously , only two races was the end of the championship to 17 points with a score at stake. Unbelievable. Those 18 points (almost two wins) are equivalent to the current 47 away you have the Spanish rider with the new scoring system . It was an unexpected and very celebrated comeback in the Maranello team .
Another great comeback was that of Schumacher in 2006, although the latter without the desired award . The German will cut 35 points to Alonso in just seven runs and became tied at two grands prix remaining. A stripped the famous Renault mass damper and an engine failure at Monza was the top of that comeback. However, a subsequent engine failure in Japan left Ferrari the title almost in the hands of Fernando.
The biggest comeback in championship prize was James Hunt in 1976, tied with the third quarter , and led him to cut 35 points from seven races to Niki Lauda. Yes, the Austrian was out two tests after his awful crash at the Nurburgring. He returned diminished. In the end , Britain claimed the title after failing to respect the agreement reached by withdrawing before the race in Japan.
Niki fulfilled his part to abandon the dangerous state of the track under a downpour and McLaren men , no. The official said the Ferrari driver then pulled out for fear of an accident. Lauda yes it rallied 11.5 points in seven races to his teammate Prost in his last crown in 1985.
Another example was that of Nelson Piquet in 1981. The Brazilian was second with 17 points from Carlos Reutemann after the British Grand Prix that year. The victory at that time was worth only nine in just six races , had 18 points more than its rival. It is not easy , but the books confirmed that Alonso 's dream is not a utopia .

http://www.as.com/motor/articulo/raikko ... imot_1/Tes#

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 26 Jul 2010, 09:16

realms wrote:Well said ... It was brutal , had Hamilton done that they wouldn't have questioned like that .

sorry mate, but I can assure English press would be even worse in such case. It is very easy to prove - that exactly what happened after Australian GP in 2009 (Hamilton-Tulli situation). He was absolutley trashed by British press

(can't believe I am writing this :fear: )
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

realms
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by realms » 26 Jul 2010, 11:59

Denorth wrote:

sorry mate, but I can assure English press would be even worse in such case. It is very easy to prove - that exactly what happened after Australian GP in 2009 (Hamilton-Tulli situation). He was absolutley trashed by British press

(can't believe I am writing this :fear: )
I didnt know that ... so i am wrong .

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 26 Jul 2010, 12:15

Where is Acropolis at? I need here to fix me some lunch so I can put on my new duds.
http://yfrog.com/9fb00bj

(I know it doesn't fit this situation, but I'm keeping it around for each and every race that Massichello is legitimately behind Senior Alonshole.)

I need a laugh today and nobody is talkin. Whatsup wit choo peeples?!?
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Vers
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Vers » 26 Jul 2010, 12:54

Loiste wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:
Loiste wrote:I'm going to Neste Rallly )
Nice shirt. Hope it is sunny next week... I´ll hello You if the shirt comes to my sight.. :wave:
I hope! :wave:

Thanks. guys! :shhh: tomorrow I'll leave Moscow and go by a car to Suomi.
Nice flag and shirt Loiste :)

Drive safely and do not speed, there are lots of policemen on the roads during the rally week :)