What is your opinion about the Mclaren´s orders in Monaco?

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

What is your opinion about the Mclaren´s orders in Monaco?

Poll ended at 28 Jun 2007, 16:35

Dennis was correct, they should preserve both cars
50%
Hamilton was wrong, said to much - this was a team secret
No votes
Hamilton was wrong, he would have to refuse team orders
10%
Alonso is the 1st on Mclaren, this is a normal situation, and it will happen another times
20%
There was no team orders
20%

Total votes: 10

gutobr
2007 Prediction League winner
2007 Prediction League winner

Post by gutobr » 29 May 2007, 23:03

Ron was absolutely right. There was nothing wrong in preserve both cars :arrow: 18 points!

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 29 May 2007, 23:20

nosey bugger
Last edited by BANANAGP on 29 May 2007, 23:22, edited 1 time in total.

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 29 May 2007, 23:20

fingerfish wrote:i think this is the first time i've heard people fussing about team order when they do not allow the driver behind to get past the leader. i've heard people arguing about team order before, but it's normally when the leader allows the driver behind to get past.
Wrong - it's about defining the outcome of a Grand prix by choosing an otherwise detrimental race strategy and it's about prohibiting drivers from racing each other.

You can argue it's also about corporate boards deciding who wins grands prix through financial incentive laden sponsorship deals.

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 30 May 2007, 00:05

maltafan wrote:I do not think that Maccas plans were so drastic as to consider them team orders. Every team has his strategy and it' flexible.
Nope team orders for sure... Ron Dennis admitted as much in a press conference.
maltafan wrote:I think it has created an excessive hype, as orders were just to preserve position. It wasn't like Hamilton was leading and 2 laps from the end, he had to be overtaken by his team mate.
No it wasn't as dramatic as Austria 2002 but it's still a massive let down and, if proven, illegal.

The Facts as I see them:
  1. Lewis was made to qualify with 5 to 6 more laps of fuel than Alonso.
    Fair enough, diversify race strategy, eggs in one basket and all that, nothing wrong with this.
  2. Lewis was told not to race Alonso to turn one...
    Again, I understand this, makes sense.
  3. McLaren called him in to pit early, from the lead, with at least three laps of fuel still in the car.
    This is what I really have a problem with... The guy was leading, no traffic, and you take away his ability to put in hot laps at a critical moment of the race!? What motive would a team have to do this other than to protect Alonso?
  4. Lewis was on a one stopper and they changed him to a two stop program
    Again the one stop strategy was working... he ran the race with lots of fuel and managed to keep the pace, why switch to a two stopper?
  5. McLaren told both drivers to "slow down".
    This basically means stop racing. I can understand it when it happens late in the race (after the last set of pit stops)... no big deal.
Hamilton had a chance to beat Alonso in the pits (and maybe even by passing him) but his strategy was changed in order to prevent him from competing. Altogether a sad day at the highest level of motorsport.

WDC
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by WDC » 30 May 2007, 03:05

BANANAGP wrote:Not alot of options in this poll. A question like:
"Dennis was unfair to bring Hamilton so early to pit" would have gotten my vote.

But since that is not an option I think he's correct to preserve a McLaren 1-2 at Monaco, not fair to Hamilton or very exciting to watch, but good business judgement. :roll:
what i think exactly!

they should have let them race although im happier that alonso won and not hamilton... you remember hungary 06 and brundle screaming at the finish... i dont want a repeat!
Thankyou Schumi you will always have a place in our hearts!
Michael Schumacher- 7 volte Campione del mondo!
SIMPLY THE BEST