The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Off-topic thread for rally fans

Post by Wolfie » 25 Jul 2010, 19:48

Tomorrow's press review will be fun to read :lol:
The (incredible) version of Domenicali

Published by Leo Turrini Sun, 25/07/2010 - 19:49

Ladies and gentlemen, this never stops. Meanwhile we believe, as you may know, that Ferrari will not appeal against the fine of one hundred thousand U.S. dollars (maybe Botin pays it, eh eh eh) and they are confident that the FIA World Council will assess 'calmly' the events at Hockenheim, ie Alonso's victory.

After that I am happy to blurt out the version of Stefano Domenicali after the GP. The head of the Racing Division was killed by the foreign press. How do you judge, you, his oral performance? Here are the highlights.

1) 'We told Massa by radio that Fernando was faster just to avoid difficult situations that could arise, such as we have experienced by other teams not so long ago'.

2) 'When Rob Smedley said sorry to Massa after Alonso overtook him he intended to apologize for giving him a car that was not fast enough' (this 'sorry' is the most colossal genius competence in sport that I, Leo Turrini, have ever heard in my life. Affectionately, but go to hell, Dom!).

3) 'Today was the anniversary of the accident in Hungary, Felipe. We knew it at the wall. We knew what we had. He has shown that he doesn't give up, he showed he deserved the victory and I am convinced that he will soon feel the joy of victory' (Well, bah, boh !!!!, NDT, note Turrini).

4) 'In the Ferrari, even after today's race, we don't have a number one and number two driver' (and here I frankly advice that Dom immediately hire a consultant because enough is enough, NDT).

5) 'Felipe has the right to fight for the world title. I haven't changed my mind on this and the team supports him in that '(Do not shoot the Red Cross, NDT).

6) 'It's a shame that after Ferrari has had a serie of difficulties and bad luck we should focus on something else than on this episode after the GP' (Ah, indeed: who are you going to blame? Me ? Cola?, NDT)

7) The comparison with Austria 2002? Today we provided limited information to Massa of a situation because they both know that they must ensure the best result for the Scuderia's needs'.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 25 Jul 2010, 20:14

From TaniaS: :hug:
Q. It certainly wasn't a risky manoeuvre when you managed to get past Felipe. It looked rather easy from where we were watching.
Q. We heard in Australia this year you saying to the team 'look I am faster than Felipe, let me pass him'. At any stage were you saying that this afternoon?
Q. (Ian Parkes - The Press Association) Fernando and Felipe, via a coded message it appears that we've just witnessed a clear case of team orders being handed out. To Fernando, do you feel embarrassed about taking such a win, and to Felipe do you feel angry about having to give up such a win?
Q. (Alan Baldwin - Reuters) Felipe, after this afternoon, do you now think you're the number two driver at Ferrari?
Q. (Ian Gordon – News of the World) Fernando, you said after Valencia that the race had been manipulated in favour of Lewis. Those words seem a bit hollow now. Where will this victory rank in your career, is it up there with Singapore 2008?

Q. (Ian Gordon – News of the World) Team orders are banned in Formula One. They were banned in 2002, that was blatant team orders.
FA: Sure.

Q. (Ian Gordon – News of the World) Eddie Jordan just said that you two should be kicked out of the race.
Q. (Juha Päätalo – Financial Times Germany) Fernando, I think we all know what happened on lap 48 and we don't need any fairy tales about tyres or anything to be clear of that. I just want to ask you, because in 2006 in Monza you said that Formula One is not a sport any more for you but was that which we saw today a sport?
Q. (Byron Young – The Daily Mirror) Fernando, what have you got to say to the people who would call this a dirty win and if you win the championship, a dirty champion?

Q. (Byron Young – The Daily Mirror) The reality is, though, that you couldn't beat him on the track, so you had to get the team to do it for you.
FA: If that's your opinion.

Q. (Byron Young – The Daily Mirror) I'm asking you, is that not your opinion?
FA: No.

Q. (Byron Young – The Daily Mirror) He had to give you this win, didn't he, Fernando?

Q. (Ian Parkes – The Press Association) Fernando, you've said that you're happy with this win but to be honest, I've never seen a driver look less happy in the middle of a podium there today, and in the middle of this press conference here. Why can't you just be honest with us for once, and just admit that this win was handed to you on a plate today?

Sebastian Vettel: Can I go? :lol:

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 25 Jul 2010, 20:21

Domenicalli's interview was easily the funniest thing that happened today. He says things like there is no no.1/no.2 driver in Ferrari even after this!

PS: I am just a kart champion?
Last edited by SpaMaster on 25 Jul 2010, 20:23, edited 1 time in total.
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 25 Jul 2010, 20:22

:lol:

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 25 Jul 2010, 20:24

momo wrote:From TaniaS: :hug:
Q. It certainly wasn't a risky manoeuvre when you managed to get past Felipe. It looked rather easy from where we were watching.
Q. We heard in Australia this year you saying to the team 'look I am faster than Felipe, let me pass him'. At any stage were you saying that this afternoon?
Q. (Ian Parkes - The Press Association) Fernando and Felipe, via a coded message it appears that we've just witnessed a clear case of team orders being handed out. To Fernando, do you feel embarrassed about taking such a win, and to Felipe do you feel angry about having to give up such a win?
Q. (Alan Baldwin - Reuters) Felipe, after this afternoon, do you now think you're the number two driver at Ferrari?
Q. (Ian Gordon – News of the World) Fernando, you said after Valencia that the race had been manipulated in favour of Lewis. Those words seem a bit hollow now. Where will this victory rank in your career, is it up there with Singapore 2008?

Q. (Ian Gordon – News of the World) Team orders are banned in Formula One. They were banned in 2002, that was blatant team orders.
still cannot believe they made such hard questions to Alonso...honestly I thought this would just pass too.

Q. (Ian Gordon – News of the World) Eddie Jordan just said that you two should be kicked out of the race.
Q. (Juha Päätalo – Financial Times Germany) Fernando, I think we all know what happened on lap 48 and we don't need any fairy tales about tyres or anything to be clear of that. I just want to ask you, because in 2006 in Monza you said that Formula One is not a sport any more for you but was that which we saw today a sport?
Q. (Byron Young – The Daily Mirror) Fernando, what have you got to say to the people who would call this a dirty win and if you win the championship, a dirty champion?

Q. (Byron Young – The Daily Mirror) The reality is, though, that you couldn't beat him on the track, so you had to get the team to do it for you.

Q. (Byron Young – The Daily Mirror) He had to give you this win, didn't he, Fernando?

Q. (Ian Parkes – The Press Association) Fernando, you've said that you're happy with this win but to be honest, I've never seen a driver look less happy in the middle of a podium there today, and in the middle of this press conference here. Why can't you just be honest with us for once, and just admit that this win was handed to you on a plate today?

still I cannot believe they made hard questions, thought this would just pass too.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 25 Jul 2010, 20:33

Priceless :lol:

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 25 Jul 2010, 20:36

just to let you know JPM lead most of the race, bad call on last stop,lost it with 15 laps to go and hit the wall. he should have won.
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 25 Jul 2010, 20:49

People need to remember that Todt is in charge now and with the tiff he and LDM has....

Ferrari will NEVER get a break. Most of you will be happy to hear that.
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 25 Jul 2010, 20:51

redstorm wrote:People need to remember that Todt is in charge now and with the tiff he and LDM has....

Ferrari will NEVER get a break. Most of you will be happy to hear that.
do you really believe that? looks hard to me, let's wait and see as Kimi always says.....

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 25 Jul 2010, 20:55

Until LDM is conveinently retired and Pierlo is in charge, yes.
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 25 Jul 2010, 20:55

Andrea Stella seemed really sad when congratulating Alonso. He didn't mention it to Heikki Kulta either:
Ferrari's counterstrike was left in the shadow

Turun Sanomat 25.7 2010 23:31:00

Kimi Räikkönen's ex-race engineer Andrea Stella is now Fernando Alonso's race engineer. He reminded to Turun Sanomat that the most important thing was the great uplift when it came to Ferrari's competitive ability.

– We are really happy over the competitive performance from this weekend. We have done an incredible amount of work and got out car one second faster. We shouldn't forget that, Stella emphasised.

Hockenheim/Heikki Kulta

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 25 Jul 2010, 20:59

O-M-G! That's too great!!!

I will print that and throw it on the wall beside my bed! I think, that will make my day already in the morning!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thx so much Momo for posting! :thumbsup:

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 25 Jul 2010, 21:01

It may have been the anniversary of "Boing", BUT it would be sweet to give him payback next week.....

Fire SD, then a 1-2 with Massa smoking the field would make me happy. You can wipe the floor with Fred next week Massa, just this once though. There's a WDC to be won still. I've never liked horses and this weekend hasn't helped any.....
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 25 Jul 2010, 21:09

Alonso's victory cost 100.000 bucks and a FIA-hearing

Turun Sanomat 25.7 2010 23:30:46

When a GP-race ends some of the reporters gives applaudes to the winner. The atmosphere was very different after Germany's GP when Ferrari ordered Massa to give way to Fernando.

Instead of applauds they booed in the press room - and the interview with the three drivers was freezingly condemning.

I doubt anyone cheered with their whole heart at Ferrari about this double victory. The team orders were so transparent that the race stewards ordered a 100.000 dollar fine to Ferrari after the race.

The stewards also made Ferrari to go to FIA's World Council hearing in August where they might get more sanctions.

Ferrari arranged Schumacher as the winner in season 2002 by letting him overtake Barrichello in Austria. Ferrari was fined with a million dollar fine after that.

Turun Sanomat, Hockenheim

HEIKKI KULTA

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 26 Jul 2010, 05:40

LOL... "the anniversary of BOING." I shouldn't be laughing but I am.