The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Iana
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Iana » 23 Jul 2010, 09:13

beefree88 wrote:
Iana wrote:
And yet, all his fairness is coming back to haunt him. Everybody said he is not a fighter, a real racer. If don't take someone out of the track, you have no b...I remember Spa 2008.
I never heard anybody claiming that. Who you're talking about?
Most of the juornalists. As a payback, I guess, because Kimi is not so easy on them. :$

LadyR

Re: Off-topic thread for rally fans

Post by LadyR » 23 Jul 2010, 09:18

You're welcome! ;)

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 23 Jul 2010, 09:26

I dont know about across the pond but over here "journalists" are no longer revered. The public has gotten sick of all the bias in reporting on all fronts. There are a few that remain respected, but "most of the journalists" should be ignored. Take them with a grain of salt, if that much.

If they want to bash Kimi just because he didnt kiss ass let them. We can see through them.
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Iana
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Iana » 23 Jul 2010, 09:36

redstorm wrote:I dont know about across the pond but over here "journalists" are no longer revered. The public has gotten sick of all the bias in reporting on all fronts. There are a few that remain respected, but "most of the journalists" should be ignored. Take them with a grain of salt, if that much.

If they want to bash Kimi just because he didnt kiss ass let them. We can see through them.
:thumbsup:

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 23 Jul 2010, 09:39

redstorm wrote:
Acropolis wrote:Thanks LadyR, they are very sweet characters..
Yes very cute, Ill bet my daughter would love one of those as a stuffed animal :p
what's up Red? after a day with baby we changed the hard choppers with this funny guy. who is he? he's a worrior?

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 23 Jul 2010, 10:05

Lol, yup now I'm Prince Awesome. If the shoe fits......lol
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Leijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Leijona » 23 Jul 2010, 10:13

Moomins were absolutely my favourite cartoon characters as a young child. I watched the TV series all the time, owned stuffed moomins and a Moomin house....

actually sometimes even now I like to watch them on TV :blush: the stories are so cute and they bring back memories of my childhood.

you can watch some of the episodes on Youtube in English (or in Finnish of course) if you are interested :lol: for example here's the first part of the first episode in english:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQkPxG9q ... re=related

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 23 Jul 2010, 10:20

Thanks so much, I'll have to watch that with the little one. Get tired of the same o same o cartoons over and over and over....... Is Moomin just a name or does it mean anything?
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 23 Jul 2010, 10:22

Iana wrote:
beefree88 wrote:
Iana wrote:
And yet, all his fairness is coming back to haunt him. Everybody said he is not a fighter, a real racer. If don't take someone out of the track, you have no b...I remember Spa 2008.
I never heard anybody claiming that. Who you're talking about?
Most of the juornalists. As a payback, I guess, because Kimi is not so easy on them. :$
I think journos kicking him in his last years was mostly due to his supposed "lack of motivation". Which was part of the "let's Kimi to get kicked out from Ferrari to make place for Unfairnando" campaign. I don't think that his fairness ever earned him bad press
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Leijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Leijona » 23 Jul 2010, 10:24

redstorm wrote:Thanks so much, I'll have to watch that with the little one. Get tired of the same o same o cartoons over and over and over....... Is Moomin just a name or does it mean anything?
It's just a name :) In Finnish it's spelled a little different: Muumi.

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 23 Jul 2010, 10:36

redstorm wrote:
Acropolis wrote:Thanks LadyR, they are very sweet characters..
Yes very cute, Ill bet my daughter would love one of those as a stuffed animal :p
Can´t believe I´m commentating on Moomins.. :O

Aren´t they very popular in Japan??? At least they say so here in Finland.. Anybody...?

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 23 Jul 2010, 11:10

What's wrong Sammy, tough guy not want to show the ladies his soft side lol?!?
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 23 Jul 2010, 11:13

redstorm wrote:What's wrong Sammy, tough guy not want to show the ladies his soft side lol?!?
naah, never really understood moomins, I´m more for the smurfs.. :lol:

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 23 Jul 2010, 11:13

So nice to hear from you Moominpappa :hug:! But I'm also glad that you've spent some time with your family instead of us for a change :p.

I watched the Moomin show on tv as a child and I must say that it wasn't my favorite. I though it was a bit creepy and weird :blush: :D.

Here's something for Red's daughter (I must warn you that all the Moomin stuff costs like crazy):

And here's Pelle Hermanni, my childhood's favorite tv character (now that I look at him I don't quite know why I thought he was the greatest whereas the Moomins were creepy and weird :lol:):

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 23 Jul 2010, 11:14

I grew up watching those, I still have one! It's my daughters now.
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED