The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Wolfie » 23 Jul 2010, 07:45

Leijona wrote:thanks Nikki for translating the article!! :hug:

I'm very surprised to see Alonso praising Kimi! But on the other hand, it seems that what he said is a common opinion about Kimi in the F1-circles - he's a unique character and always races fairly. So I'm not surprised by the words, but just by who said it.

anyways, it's always so nice to see how much Kimi is respected as a racer and as a person in F1 (and in motorsport in general). Makes me proud :)
An example of my 'gut-feeling' and how it can be something completely different than what my small mind thinks.

Last week I told Apple on the phone that I can't get over the feeling that Alonso has one card up his sleeve that he is going to use - the Kimi-card.

Alonso has been very quiet about Kimi so naturally I thought that the next step would be for him to bash Kimi in public - and then comes the interview with Kulta :blush:

He really did have the Kimi-card only it was positive, not negative - but my gut feeling was right :lol:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 23 Jul 2010, 07:57

Kinga, thanks for the video :hug:

In 2001 during his rookie season Jean Alesi got furious with Kimi because Kimi fooled him on the track using the oldest trick in the book and he was furious that he fell for it and got overtaken by a rookie :lol:

I enjoyed one specific battle between Kubica and Kimi in 2008 - they raced for a long time and finally Kubica won but it was so great to witness it because you knew when watching it that nothing bad would happen - it was two gentlemen racing each other with the utmost respect.

Kubica told about it like this to Heikki Kulta:
The two most fair drivers on the track

One thing Kubica and Kimi have in common is also the great respect they get from their fellow racers for their fairness on track.

- I would say that the battle I had with Kimi in Japan was in it's own class. It was very fair from both of us. We were side by side but I didn't make a move to the side. I gave him room and I would say that in that situation there was mutual respect for each other as racers and it could be set as an example for everyone.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 23 Jul 2010, 08:05

Valuk, it's hard to say... Lewis was really sad to hear that Kimi wouldn't be in F1 this season, he said that Kimi was the funniest guy during the press conferences so they must have joked a lot.

And the incident in Canada in 2008: Hamilton went to apologise to Kimi and Kimi told Heikki Kulta who witnessed Hamilton go into Ferrari's motorhome and saw them both coming out that 'Hamilton was under a lot of pressure and I hope that we wouldn't talk about it anymore'.

It's difficult to say? I thought again that Kimi might have some animosity towards Alonso since he was afterall digging a hole for Kimi without Kimi knowing anything about it.

In the end it was his working place and his reputation on the line. I don't know how Kimi took it but I'm also sure we will never find out either.

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 23 Jul 2010, 08:08

Have you guys noticed: there seems to be a longer version of the Neil Cole Bulgaria interview on wrc.com... som sort of half term report from Kimi on his progress so far in the WRC

http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=30 ... 0interview

Iana
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Iana » 23 Jul 2010, 08:16

Kinga wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
Kinga wrote:
Wolfie wrote:This was so good to read from Alonso:
– Kimi was a completely unique F1-driver, different character, brilliant driver and the most fair opponent I have ever known. Kimi is respectable and he is a respectable racer. In every battle or overtaking with Kimi you always had the feeling of us being safe because he always drove so fairly, Alonso praises.
I don't really know what to think. I only know that this made me cry. Tears are flooding... ::oops:; ::oops:;
I know how you feel, Kinga :hug:

Over and over again I have said that Kimi is the most fair sportsman on the field and how it's pure pleasure to watch him and Kubica for example having a fight because you know neither one of them will make any dodgy moves - and then Alonso comes out and says the same thing - he has my respect for that!

People here might understand me better why I snap when someone goes and closes the door on the track instead of fighting fair and square.

Kimi's fair sportsmanship is the most important thing for me, if he would show he hasn't got it anymore well then... I would go and have to find another driver to support.

Fair sportsmanship - Gentlemen, start your engines - where are those times today :(
Thanks for your understanding! :hug:

Here it is, always nice to refresh the nicest battle of the 21st century in F1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0sNwnk0 ... re=related
And yet, all his fairness is coming back to haunt him. Everybody said he is not a fighter, a real racer. If don't take someone out of the track, you have no b...I remember Spa 2008.

LadyR

Re: Off-topic thread for rally fans

Post by LadyR » 23 Jul 2010, 08:28

Moominpappa, that's a cute pic! :)

Those moomins and the whole story around them are just awesome! :thumbsup:

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 23 Jul 2010, 08:30

Iana wrote:
And yet, all his fairness is coming back to haunt him. Everybody said he is not a fighter, a real racer. If don't take someone out of the track, you have no b...I remember Spa 2008.
I never heard anybody claiming that. Who you're talking about?
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 23 Jul 2010, 08:37

Iana wrote: And yet, all his fairness is coming back to haunt him. Everybody said he is not a fighter, a real racer. If don't take someone out of the track, you have no b...I remember Spa 2008.
The recent past is only portrayed like that by the emotional and uneducated. Kimi will be remembered along with the likes of Clarke and Moss, true gentlemen of the sport. How many on the grid today would lose the Championship out of honesty and fairness, not least of all to their teammate? For all of Schui's accomplishments he will never be put on the shelf of gentlemen racers. Fangio took his teammates car when his broke. Hammy and even my Fred will never sit there either. But Kimi will.

The halls of history respect the ends, but the means in which they are earned is the mark of a legend.
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 23 Jul 2010, 08:38

Wolfie wrote:
Over and over again I have said that Kimi is the most fair sportsman on the field and how it's pure pleasure to watch him and Kubica for example having a fight because you know neither one of them will make any dodgy moves - and then Alonso comes out and says the same thing - he has my respect for that!

People here might understand me better why I snap when someone goes and closes the door on the track instead of fighting fair and square.

Kimi's fair sportsmanship is the most important thing for me, if he would show he hasn't got it anymore well then... I would go and have to find another driver to support.

Fair sportsmanship - Gentlemen, start your engines - where are those times today :(
+1
There was a short news somewhere around the last GP-s of last year. Alguersuari was asked to name a driver who comes to his mind when a word is said. He associated "fairness" immediately with Kimi.
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 23 Jul 2010, 08:43

As a poor ignorant American can I ask that story?????????? What's a Moomin?
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 23 Jul 2010, 08:45

redstorm wrote:
Iana wrote: And yet, all his fairness is coming back to haunt him. Everybody said he is not a fighter, a real racer. If don't take someone out of the track, you have no b...I remember Spa 2008.
The recent past is only portrayed like that by the emotional and uneducated. Kimi will be remembered along with the likes of Clarke and Moss, true gentlemen of the sport. How many on the grid today would lose the Championship out of honesty and fairness, not least of all to their teammate? For all of Schui's accomplishments he will never be put on the shelf of gentlemen racers. Fangio took his teammates car when his broke. Hammy and even my Fred will never sit there either. But Kimi will.

The halls of history respect the ends, but the means in which they are earned is the mark of a legend.
very well said Red, thanks

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 23 Jul 2010, 08:46

redstorm wrote:As a poor ignorant American can I ask that story?????????? What's a Moomin?
I don't have a clue about moomins either. :(

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 23 Jul 2010, 08:52

I know them since my childhood.....they are well-known also outside of Finland....

Here you go!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moomin

Just cute! :)

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 23 Jul 2010, 08:58

Thanks LadyR, they are very sweet characters..

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 23 Jul 2010, 09:00

Acropolis wrote:Thanks LadyR, they are very sweet characters..
Yes very cute, Ill bet my daughter would love one of those as a stuffed animal :p
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED