The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by SpaMaster » 23 Jul 2010, 04:34

A refreshing interview from Alonso! I thoroughly enjoyed it!
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 23 Jul 2010, 04:37

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:Thanks Wolfie :hug:

Nice words from Fairnando! I like him as a private person...he seems to be a nice guy who doesn´t need all the limelight and stays focused on his job. Down to earth I´d say
It´s just his on-track behaviour I can´t stand :<>:
I also think the same. I think Alonso is a really nice guy off the track. People say when he is at home he is extremely friendly and nice. But, somehow on the track, he gets nasty. That's ok.

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 23 Jul 2010, 04:46

Nicole, I have a question about this particular part.
Interviewer: What was Kimi's motive to go to McLaren, was it money or was it 'ha ha, I'll show you with this car'?

HK: I think that Kimi expected to get the same reception he had when he drove five years for the team. Maybe it wasn't as open as a team like it was before Hamilton and I think that was the biggest reason for him deciding not to go there.
When he says McLaren was not as open as before, what does he mean? They were not open in receiving Kimi i.e. not very accomodating/hospitable, or, they were not genuine, impartial as an open team? I always took it to meant that Kimi had some doubts about favouritism there in McLaren, and that is what he wanted to confirm with a reasonable salary (Hamilton gets $18 million, Kimi should have wanted atleast $10 million to make sure he is valued equally). But the preceding statement causes some confusion. May be it is clear in the natural language. So, did he mean favouritism or welcome?

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Off-topic thread for rally fans

Post by redstorm » 23 Jul 2010, 04:54

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Cute Moomin!!!
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 23 Jul 2010, 04:57

SpaMaster wrote:Nicole, I have a question about this particular part.
Interviewer: What was Kimi's motive to go to McLaren, was it money or was it 'ha ha, I'll show you with this car'?

HK: I think that Kimi expected to get the same reception he had when he drove five years for the team. Maybe it wasn't as open as a team like it was before Hamilton and I think that was the biggest reason for him deciding not to go there.
When he says McLaren was not as open as before, what does he mean? They were not open in receiving Kimi i.e. not very accomodating/hospitable, or, they were not genuine, impartial as an open team? I always took it to meant that Kimi had some doubts about favouritism there in McLaren, and that is what he wanted to confirm with a reasonable salary (Hamilton gets $18 million, Kimi should have wanted atleast $10 million to make sure he is valued equally). But the preceding statement causes some confusion. May be it is clear in the natural language. So, did he mean favouritism or welcome?
I would think a bit of both, its not team McHammy for nothing...... :zz:
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Iana
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Iana » 23 Jul 2010, 05:28

About Alonso interview.
Thank for posting it. But...
Maybe I'm over pesimist, I don't know way, but I just cann't buy it. I have problems believing Alonso. It's a hidden motiv for this. Maybe because the interview was for a finnish guy, and he can gain simpthy and be forgiven for throwing Kimi out of F1?
And please, he followed Kimi in WRC? Yeah, right.
Kimi left McLaren for him, and than Ferrari. At least this could do, speak nicely, but I'm sure it's not what he realy thinks. :<>:

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 23 Jul 2010, 05:59

Moomin, very glad you have a good time! your little girl is so cute, and the little guy so quiet! Enjoy the rest of your holiday....

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 23 Jul 2010, 06:46

Fred has expressed that he would like to try a rally car so please don't be too pessemistic. I have never heard him speak harsh words towards Kimi either so I see no reason why he would placate him.
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 23 Jul 2010, 07:03

Looks like you put a few pounds on though!
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Leijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Leijona » 23 Jul 2010, 07:10

thanks Nikki for translating the article!! :hug:

I'm very surprised to see Alonso praising Kimi! But on the other hand, it seems that what he said is a common opinion about Kimi in the F1-circles - he's a unique character and always races fairly. So I'm not surprised by the words, but just by who said it.

anyways, it's always so nice to see how much Kimi is respected as a racer and as a person in F1 (and in motorsport in general). Makes me proud :)

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 23 Jul 2010, 07:13

The only one to ever pop off about Kimi was Webber I think. Not even the Schui ever said anything more than I must beat him.
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 23 Jul 2010, 07:25

Kinga wrote:
Wolfie wrote:This was so good to read from Alonso:
– Kimi was a completely unique F1-driver, different character, brilliant driver and the most fair opponent I have ever known. Kimi is respectable and he is a respectable racer. In every battle or overtaking with Kimi you always had the feeling of us being safe because he always drove so fairly, Alonso praises.
I don't really know what to think. I only know that this made me cry. Tears are flooding... ::oops:; ::oops:;
I know how you feel, Kinga :hug:

Over and over again I have said that Kimi is the most fair sportsman on the field and how it's pure pleasure to watch him and Kubica for example having a fight because you know neither one of them will make any dodgy moves - and then Alonso comes out and says the same thing - he has my respect for that!

People here might understand me better why I snap when someone goes and closes the door on the track instead of fighting fair and square.

Kimi's fair sportsmanship is the most important thing for me, if he would show he hasn't got it anymore well then... I would go and have to find another driver to support.

Fair sportsmanship - Gentlemen, start your engines - where are those times today :(
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 23 Jul 2010, 07:40

SpaMaster wrote:Nicole, I have a question about this particular part.

Dheeban, I didn't know myself either what Kulta meant. Someone on the Finnish forum told at the time of the 'alleged' negotiations that the contract with McLaren is up to small things like support from the team and so on, if Kimi doesn't get the support then he won't sign. And he made clear it had nothing to do with money, only support.

So it can mean anything, getting updates later, having to drive with a certain setup, anything??? One thing Kimi is known for is that he wants it on the contract that he gets equal treatment.

Then again the negotiations could have been a smokescreen since it looks like Kimi was seriously putting up a contract with Red Bull from the beginning and Robertson just wanted to fool everybody, Ferrari in particular because Monte got quite outraged when finding out that Kimi goes to WRC.

But Kimi sponsors willingly for Red Bull so I don't think it was up to anything like that. It could also be that McLaren with their strict policy would have forbidden him to rally and with the testing ban rallying was crucial for Kimi.

Jukka Mildh again; you should only read his articles, they get worse and worse every week. He is a blinded and biased Alonso-fan and it's sickening to read them nowadays. He has lost all contact with reality when it comes to Alonso. One might even think that he is Ferrari's publicist...

But people give quite harsh comments back to him too :lol:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

valuk
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by valuk » 23 Jul 2010, 07:41

I always thought that there is a great deal of respect between Kimi and Alonso. I think Kimi respected Alonso much more than he respected Lewis.

Even after "Ferrari story"
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 23 Jul 2010, 07:43

Wolfie wrote:
Kinga wrote:
Wolfie wrote:This was so good to read from Alonso:
– Kimi was a completely unique F1-driver, different character, brilliant driver and the most fair opponent I have ever known. Kimi is respectable and he is a respectable racer. In every battle or overtaking with Kimi you always had the feeling of us being safe because he always drove so fairly, Alonso praises.
I don't really know what to think. I only know that this made me cry. Tears are flooding... ::oops:; ::oops:;
I know how you feel, Kinga :hug:

Over and over again I have said that Kimi is the most fair sportsman on the field and how it's pure pleasure to watch him and Kubica for example having a fight because you know neither one of them will make any dodgy moves - and then Alonso comes out and says the same thing - he has my respect for that!

People here might understand me better why I snap when someone goes and closes the door on the track instead of fighting fair and square.

Kimi's fair sportsmanship is the most important thing for me, if he would show he hasn't got it anymore well then... I would go and have to find another driver to support.

Fair sportsmanship - Gentlemen, start your engines - where are those times today :(
Thanks for your understanding! :hug:

Here it is, always nice to refresh the nicest battle of the 21st century in F1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0sNwnk0 ... re=related