Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by luieluv » 21 Jul 2010, 06:59

SilentKiller wrote:
Wolfie wrote:I see that there are many differing opinions on Red Bull and anxiety over the possibility of Kimi going there.

Take a look at this article from Turun Sanomat:
Off-Topic: show
Engineers confused over Webber's outburst

Turun Sanomat 19.7 2010 21:11:48
Mark Webber's 3rd superior victory was left completely in the shadow in the media when the driver started a public critisism towards his Red Bull -team for favouring Sebastian Vettel in the wing-story.

The fuss over the matter is still going on while the F1-caravan is heading towards Hockenheim for the German GP-weekend.

Webber's outburst went over the border when he qualified 2nd and said sarcastically that 'the team must be very happy for the result'.

Webber cleared how the new front wing had been taken of his car and given to Vettel. Especially the British media caught up on this and condemned very sharply Red Bull's actions.

A day later Webber won the British GP. It didn't calm his fury though, instead he - very aware of the radio being heard all over the world - said 'not bad from a second driver'.

Vettel kept his mouth shut but said he has been brought up so that he can keep private matters out of the publicity.

The schism wasn't about Vettel, this time it was only between Christian Horner, Adrian Newey and Webber.

After the race on Monday, the team gathered in Milton Keynes factory and it was a difficult moment for Webber. It's clear that the driver got to hear it all from both the team management as well as the technical group. Webber did admit that he had understood that he overstepped certain lines with his critisism and was digging a hole for himself.

The truth is that only a month and a half ago Webber had been in a dispute with Horner and Dietrich Mateschitz about his collision with Vettel in Turkey GP where he was accused of endangering the team harmony.

- Personal chemistry inflamed -

This time Webber went to patch up his relationship by announcing in British magazines that he had gone too far in his critisism towards the team.

– I squeezed everything of myself and told honestly about how I felt but I understand now the reasons for the decisions which I didn't know at that time. We cleared the air and I'm completely confident that we can continue our co-work in this fantastic team this and next year. I definitely want to respect the contract I signed last month, Webber declared.

It's clear that the chemistry inside Red Bull isn't the best possible. Webber is now walking on thin ice. It will be certain that he will now start praising his team every moment he gets, but some persons see it as almost impossible to forgive him for the accusations against them favouring Vettel.

Red Bull's senior engineer told the following to Turun Sanomat in Silverstone:

– I am very surprised over Mark's outburst. All the time he was using the new front wing he complained that it doesn't work any better than the old one does. Mark simply didn't get a good feeling of the wing.

– But immediately after there was only one left Mark definitely wanted the wing himself. Despite the fact that he didn't care about it at all at the time when we still had two new wings.

– Unlike Mark, Sebastian immediately liked the new wing. We thought that the decision the team management made was very well justified and logical.

- Lighter car and updated floor -

On top of all this Horner revealed in his statements that Webber already had some certain benefits in his RB6-car.

– Mark's car is lighter than Vettel's (according to inside information it's 2 kg!) and on top of that he had a different and updated floor, Horner cleared.

Webber just didn't care to mention these advantages and all this will affect Webber's position when working with the engineers.

The decision to give Vettel the new wing was made by Horner and Newey in a very quick time, only 25 minutes before qualification. Mateschitz or Marko didn't take any part in the decision.

Turun Sanomat

LUIS VASCONCELOS
WOW!!!!!!! Helmut Marko = Senior Engineer :lol: :cool:
:lol: :lol:
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 21 Jul 2010, 07:19

Oh wow!!! Guess that I have to slap some sense into Kimi at the german rally :lol: Tsss this guy is driving me crazy :80:
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 21 Jul 2010, 08:58

SpaMaster wrote:
Wolfie wrote:I just finished translating an article where Kimi has now said (after Webber's contract) that he will decide at the earliest in the endseason.

At the earliest!
I can't help but get reminded of a possible Webber decision at the year end. That said, I think Kimi's first preference is rally. He just has to make sure he can be competitive in rally and he could improve at the rate he desires. It's always good to have options in that case, and you can take the time those options provide.

A WRC championship! That remains the number one goal..
It's a bit confusing since the information 'inside' seems to point to another direction than the media is telling. What is going on behind closed doors is a mystery to all of us. We will just have to wait and see if his choice is between a F1-seat and a WRC-seat. In a way it's good to know that he all of a sudden changed his decision/announcement to the end of the season. Which makes me think that things have changed, he has got a longer time to decide than before.

@ SilentKiller, I see you have been reading all the other forums where the 'inside' source of course is either Dietrich, Helmut, Christian or Vettel :zz:

Even I got accused of being everyone of them - and a troll - for asking a few questions on the official RB-board.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 21 Jul 2010, 08:59

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:Oh wow!!! Guess that I have to slap some sense into Kimi at the german rally :lol: Tsss this guy is driving me crazy :80:
Claudie, it's now all up to you and we are counting on you :lol:

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 21 Jul 2010, 10:21

Wolfie wrote:
SpaMaster wrote:
Wolfie wrote:I just finished translating an article where Kimi has now said (after Webber's contract) that he will decide at the earliest in the endseason.

At the earliest!
I can't help but get reminded of a possible Webber decision at the year end. That said, I think Kimi's first preference is rally. He just has to make sure he can be competitive in rally and he could improve at the rate he desires. It's always good to have options in that case, and you can take the time those options provide.

A WRC championship! That remains the number one goal..
It's a bit confusing since the information 'inside' seems to point to another direction than the media is telling. What is going on behind closed doors is a mystery to all of us. We will just have to wait and see if his choice is between a F1-seat and a WRC-seat. In a way it's good to know that he all of a sudden changed his decision/announcement to the end of the season. Which makes me think that things have changed, he has got a longer time to decide than before.
Have we sorted out if that quote mentioning end of the season is a new quote or an old one in a new article? I am fine it being a new quote. It just add to the drama. :lol:
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 21 Jul 2010, 10:23

Dheeban, I don't know???

I usually remember them very well but I might have missed this one. All I remember is that he is going to decide by the end of the summer.

Ah but this definitely keeps the discussion going on :lol:

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 21 Jul 2010, 10:39

Okay, now I am confused. Is that a new quote or an old one where the Kimster was just messing with the reporter? :lol:

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 21 Jul 2010, 10:52

well as far as i remember he always said that he will decide it by the end of summer... never heard him saying the end of the season..

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 21 Jul 2010, 11:04

Dheeban, welcome to the group :lol:

I might be wrong but usually I have a good memory and if I would have read that before it wouldn't have created a 'Whoa!' in me - then again chances are that I haven't read that article :lol:

You neither, Vida? Hopefully someone could find an old article with him saying that....

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 21 Jul 2010, 11:04

These are the latest ones. "At the end of the year". All earlier ones comes with "by the end of the summer"
I read the change of timing definitely as a decision to stick in WRC 2011 (which pisses me off :<>: )

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/uutiset.s ... 01/1027952
http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/uutiset.s ... 02/1054611

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 21 Jul 2010, 11:06

sammyosammy wrote:These are the latest ones. "At the end of the year". All earlier ones comes with "by the end of the summer"
I read the change of timing definitely as a decision to stick in WRC 2011

Thanks Sammy, it's almost as you read my mind :lol:

Okay, he has said that by the end of the year in February.

So no new plans there, sorry for messing with your heads, it wasn't my intention :blush:

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 21 Jul 2010, 11:10

Wolfie wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:These are the latest ones. "At the end of the year". All earlier ones comes with "by the end of the summer"
I read the change of timing definitely as a decision to stick in WRC 2011

Thanks Sammy, it's almost as you read my mind :lol:

Okay, he has said that by the end of the year in February.

So no new plans there, sorry for messing with your heads, it wasn't my intention :blush:
Nothin´messy here, no worries. I think he allready decided very early this year to give a shot with WRC next season.. (aaaargh..!)

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 21 Jul 2010, 11:11

I try to be clear and stay away when it comes to Kimi's 'To be or not to be'. But sometimes the pandemonium does not spare anyone. :lol:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 21 Jul 2010, 11:28

Dheeban, imagine if we are only having a small and tiny dress rehearsal here and something bigger is waiting for us :lol:

rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by rko281 » 21 Jul 2010, 12:41

rko281 wrote:The decision is 95% done. It will be announced most probably in autumn. Until then he will keep saying that he will decide soon and let everybody know. These contracts are complicated and sponsors need to be taken care of.
Sorry to quote myself, but the latest news does not surprise me at all. I was sure the announcement will come as later as possible. Too many sponsors, contracts, plans that still have to be taken care of for this season. An early announcement is no good for bussiness.
My crystall ball is always right :roll::