Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Wolfie » 17 Jul 2010, 23:00

mr j wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
Acropolis wrote:
redstorm wrote:In Massa's defense a bit, a spring to the head DOES tend to make you a bit :80:
yes, but I think that in only phycological way he is affected.....and as you said your boy is pushy and bossy...
I think Massa had his best time with Kimi, who was totally indifferent...
I agree, Acropolis. Massa must have had the best time with Kimi since they both concentrated on their own performance without any inner conflicts.

Maria, great words :shhh:

But imagine this: Flavio is the man behind Alonso and Webber. They say that Webber signed his contract before Turkey.

It might well be that Massa and Webber will swap seats next season and Flavio is organising the whole thing?
Why would RBR want Massa, it's not logical, far from it.

This is my first first post but I've been following you since I am a die hard Kimi fan as you all are.
Hi Mr J and welcome :hug:

It's just the 'normal' speculation going on but seriously, if things are bad between Red bull and Webber and Flavio is behind the scenes, then it might well happen. Massa is a top driver, it's just that he has been put in a position where we saw Mr. Räikkönen before when it looked like he was slow until they had to listen to him since he was the only one bringing in points. That's what I think although I'm sticking with the Kimi to Red Bull in 2011 myself until we know where he is going to be next year.

Hope you like it here, mr j :wave:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 18 Jul 2010, 03:04

A warm welcome Mr. J :)
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 18 Jul 2010, 04:36

mr j wrote: Why would RBR want Massa, it's not logical, far from it.

This is my first first post but I've been following you since I am a die hard Kimi fan as you all are.
My point was exactly. Why would Red Bull want Massa? If Ferrari want Webber, they can just throw out those Massa contract papers and sign up Webber.

Welcome, mr j.
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 18 Jul 2010, 04:54

SpaMaster wrote:

My point was exactly. Why would Red Bull want Massa? If Ferrari want Webber, they can just throw out those Massa contract papers and sign up Webber.

Welcome, mr j.
I think Ferrari are capable of doing anything and that includes throw out massa contract papers.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 18 Jul 2010, 06:39

luieluv wrote:
SpaMaster wrote:

Welcome, mr j.
I think Ferrari are capable of doing anything and that includes throw out massa contract papers.

but to change Massa to a person who suddenly thinks he is irreplaceable and bigger than the team and therefore that he can bash his employer and wash the teams dirt laundry in public ... never going to happen.... :lol: I am sorry to say that Ferrari are very happy with massicello who knows that the team comes first and moves away on the track when the teams superstar wants to pass by and don't ask questions when the supestar of the team gets all the new parts first.

not the most reliable source but the quotes are quite normal:

'Seb and I aren't the best of mates, but that's not unnatural as we both chase the same goal.

'Who knows, in the next few months, if we're both still racing at the front, things could become more tense between us.'

Webber absolved his team-mate of any blame for the Silverstone shenanigans, saying: 'Seb did nothing wrong all weekend. After the race, he shook my hand. The first rule in motorsport is to try to avoid contact with your team-mate. After the race, I spent 20 minutes with Seb's mechanics.

'The stories that the teams on the two sides of the garage aren't getting on is total rubbish. You don't need to have enemies in life. I just want a fair crack.'

Team principal Christian Horner, 36, promised Webber as much when they met after the British Grand Prix.

Webber said: 'There is respect both ways. That's why I will be staying with Red Bull next season. I am part of a sensational team.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formul ... l?ITO=1490
Last edited by Julia on 18 Jul 2010, 07:03, edited 1 time in total.

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 18 Jul 2010, 06:52

wow, guys you have definitely taken the word speculation to a whole new level the last days. .... :blink:

I am definitely too rational for this kind of highfly speculation stuff.... :lol:

ok, i reserve the right to change my opinion that he is going to rally next year if the Red Bull screws up their championship hunt because a teamwar ala mclaren 2007 or webber wins the WDC but that is the speculation for the end of the year.

And I do hope that if Kimi has any ambitions to maybe do a second turn in F1 (and he thinks that he can still fight for a top position after two years absent) that Robertson can squeezes it out of him this time and they get that option in their contract already now.

From Markos comments about webber it isn't hard to realize that Webber is not going to get a seat in 2012. On another note, Buemi doesn't seem to be so sure about him getting the Red Bull ride in 2012 after webber supposedly retires, or why would he hesitate to sign for RBR and look for that Renault seat instead?
Last edited by Julia on 18 Jul 2010, 07:04, edited 1 time in total.

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 18 Jul 2010, 06:54

redstorm wrote:In Massa's defense a bit, a spring to the head DOES tend to make you a bit :80:
I don't think it's the spring to his head. More like both team and car favour him less than before. He always showed weakness when things didn't go his way. He's not the kind of confident, controlled fighter like Kimi is. If problems arise, he gets desperate and makes mistakes
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 18 Jul 2010, 07:13

Lindström: Räikkönen still a novice in WRC rallies

Kaj Lindström, who has been Kimi Räikkönen's co-driver in this years WRC rallies, believes that Räikkönen has the potential to develop into a rally star in the future. Lindström reminds that Räikkönen's rally experience is still almost nonexistent even though he's landed a seat at Citroen in the WRC.

-With Kimi you have to remember that he's still a novice as a rally driver. The coming Jyväskylä is Kimi's 13th race in the WRC. Usually drivers have experience of 50-100 rallies before moving to WRC cars, Lindström reminds.

According to Lindström Räikkönen's rally experince is equivalent to a ”B-junior level rally driver” in Finland. In Finland the system works so that a driver gathers experience from dozens of rallies before moving to races of the general series.

-For Kimi everything has come at once. When taking Kimi's experience into consideration I'm satisfied with his his performance and the way the season has gone until now, says Lindström.

According to Lindström many think that an F1 champion is ready to succeed also in rally. It's not at all that simple but in the future Räikkönen may develop into a rally world champion.

-Kimi is in his thirties and a very talented rally driver. Everything is possible if he decides to continue racing in rally. We can talk about winning rallies or the championship after three or four years at the earliest, Lindström thinks.

YLE Sports
I love how Kaj puts things in perspective. He doesn't seem to praise Kimi only because he gets more attention through him. He wants to suceed to, and believes that Kimi does have what it takes . I trust his expertise .
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 18 Jul 2010, 07:32

Wolfie wrote:
redstorm wrote:^ Look what you started Wolfie ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!
Let's have fun while we can before it's announced where Kimi goes :lol:
The best in this season is that I can´t remember a season when all the best places was signed so early and then starts the discussion who´s fetting fired, who´s contract will be broke off... :lol:

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 18 Jul 2010, 07:51

Well, the only certainty in motorsports is UNcertainty. Plus it is no longer a sport of gentlemen so we know someones gonna get the shaft.

Welcome back Sammy
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 18 Jul 2010, 07:52

Welcome, Mr. J! You'll love it here :)
redstorm wrote:There is one big difference between ol Phil and Webbo. Vettel is still young and Webbo gets a spark from the "tension" therefore he gets one in over Seb now and then. Alot more so now.... With Massa, Fred tells him "Shut up and Image , then get in there and Image like a good little b****. If you don't I'll Image your ass!"

good ol Fred, knows how ta keep em in line lol.
Hilarious post and smileys :::

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 18 Jul 2010, 07:58

redstorm wrote:Well, the only certainty in motorsports is UNcertainty. Plus it is no longer a sport of gentlemen so we know someones gonna get the shaft.

Welcome back Sammy
Cheers..

"Gentlemen, start your engines"-times are gone by.. Wish someone could bring some joy and relax in F1.. :O

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 18 Jul 2010, 08:02

Well unfortunately they have not answered my calls yet so......
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 18 Jul 2010, 08:04

redstorm wrote:Well unfortunately they have not answered my calls yet so......
:lol: :lol: :lol: Good one. Actually someone else crossed my mind..on the other hand, You could do the job also..

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 18 Jul 2010, 08:16

I won't mind if it's you or me just so long as we agree to bring the other one along too.

If Kimi decides on a return to F1 we can have his WRC ride instead. I've got down the press conference....

"How was it out there today?"

"Mumble mumble....mumble mumble mumble. Mumble? Mumble mumble."
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED