Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by sammyosammy » 15 Jul 2010, 15:59

ish678 wrote:I don't see Kimi becoming WDC in WRC within the next few years. Especially with Loeb still around. And then when Loeb retires, if it is anytime soon then wouldn't Citroen favour Ogier (if he's still there) over Kimi and if not Ogier then Sordo? That's not even taking into account the improvements Ford could have made by then and the additional several years of experience their drivers would have gained. I just don't see it. I guess I'm being pessimistic.

But I'm with Vida, I hoped he'd go back to F1. :(
He is excellent driver. May even win some special stages in rallies driven on tarmac. But winning WDC in WRC is too difficult. Winning a single rally is too much for him.
But it is his choice and I have to respect that decision.. :thumbsup:

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 15 Jul 2010, 16:00

ish678 wrote:I don't see Kimi becoming WDC in WRC within the next few years. Especially with Loeb still around. And then when Loeb retires, if it is anytime soon then wouldn't Citroen favour Ogier (if he's still there) over Kimi and if not Ogier then Sordo? That's not even taking into account the improvements Ford could have made by then and the additional several years of experience their drivers would have gained. I just don't see it. I guess I'm being pessimistic.

as much as i'm happy to see him in wrc... i want him in F1 so bad as it makes me cry :( :(

brenda, i'll join you in coffee house..

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 15 Jul 2010, 16:01

Few YEARS.
Are you serious?? :O
I think yes you are little weary of showing your optimism. and in the bargain i hope you are underestimating Kimi.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 15 Jul 2010, 16:07

luieluv wrote:

Few YEARS.
I think yes you are little weary of showing your optimism. and in the bargain i hope you are underestimating Kimi.
I'm with ish678 on this one...there are still many other mistakes not made in rallies that he has driven - so I'm not optimistic... all in all, I'm just bummed I won't be ablee to see him at the GPs etc again and driving and doing his interviews etc and I will have to continue to only see snippets from here and there...so sad
The JINX

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 15 Jul 2010, 16:18

Thank you julia and Iceman for the articles you shared with us! :hug:

I am glad with this. Kimi has to stay in the WRC. I Like Citroën and all the guys there, well...let's just wait now for the final word!
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 15 Jul 2010, 16:24

Vida wrote:

as much as i'm happy to see him in wrc... i want him in F1 so bad as it makes me cry :( :(

brenda, i'll join you in coffee house..
Vida and Brenda, I understand you both! :O But everything will be fine for Kimi in the WRC! You'll see! I know it's hard to accept I was in this situation some months ago, but finally I understood that Kimi belongs to the WRC now and I accepted it. With all my heart! But I really understand your feelings!!! :hug:

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 15 Jul 2010, 16:32

thanks ludy,

will you join us at the coffee house for some drinks? you to celebrate and us to drown our sorrows?
The JINX

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 15 Jul 2010, 16:46

brendakarli wrote:thanks ludy,

will you join us at the coffee house for some drinks? you to celebrate and us to drown our sorrows?
Thanks for the invitation!!! :hug: I am heading to the coffee house now! :O

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ish678 » 15 Jul 2010, 22:45

luieluv wrote:

Few YEARS.
How long do you think it would take him in WRC?

Look how long it took him to win it in F1 - yes I know he's a better driver now than when he started and he had some bad luck but it still took 6 years before he finally managed to do it. And now he's effectively starting from scratch.

I'm not underestimating his talent, I can see what a superb driver he is, I just don't think the championship in WRC will happen for him any time soon. That's just my opinion.

@ Brenda - I agree, I miss seeing him on the podium and going wheel to wheel with other cars. I know the end of the race wasn't a good result but the fighting with Lewis at Spa 2008 was so amazing to watch as well as him carving through the field in Japan in 2005. I miss that. :(

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 15 Jul 2010, 22:51

hi ish,sorry you are sad,i dont think his f1 days are over, maybe 2012, so we rally next year too.its going to be fun. i know i dont get to watch the rally on tv, i miss watching him also.
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ish678 » 15 Jul 2010, 22:56

Maria d wrote:hi ish,sorry you are sad,i dont think his f1 days are over, maybe 2012, so we rally next year too.its going to be fun. i know i dont get to watch the rally on tv, i miss watching him also.

Hi Maria :wave:

I think Brenda said in another thread - once Kimi stays on for another year I think that will be him in WRC for good. Besides, two years out of F1 is a really long time. It moves on so quickly. He's already missed a whole season of no re-fuelling, God knows what other changes there'll be for 2012.

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 15 Jul 2010, 23:02

well our kimi will be a rally driver. i wonder how jpm fans deal with the fact that he walked away from f1 to go to nascar.

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ish678 » 15 Jul 2010, 23:04

Maria d wrote:well our kimi will be a rally driver. i wonder how jpm fans deal with the fact that he walked away from f1 to go to nascar.
I guess some of us are starting to feel what they were feeling at the time...

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 15 Jul 2010, 23:04

for me - longer he stays in WRC, unlikey his F1 comback. Then again - he started well, so he should progress, shouldn't he?
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 15 Jul 2010, 23:07

well i know most think its a done deal, but i will wait for the words to come from his mouth on what his plans are for next year.