Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Acropolis » 15 Jul 2010, 14:29

Maria d wrote:
redstorm wrote:I know, it's nice here. Ahh space!
fresh air, times square :lol:
Maria, let's go to the coffee shop, I want to ask you...

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 15 Jul 2010, 14:49

sleenster wrote:Who is David Evans and how well does he know Kimi? ''hmm''
at least I think this is a reliable source. David Evans seem to be a big Kimi fan he has written all the very praising Kimi columns this year in autosport. He is also a person who Kimi seems to trust and to whom Kimi has given all the exclusive interviews this year in autosport.

and the timing for this scoop was little bit too good (for Kimis image and for red bulls image) in my opinion that red bull didn't do it on purpose... if you read the print edition you realize they got the Red Bull comment's in silverstone last week where the two main rumors were red bull crise and Räikkönens next year... hard to believe they got the scoop whitout a little help from red bull... or that it was a coincidence that i was now.

just my two cents...
Last edited by Julia on 15 Jul 2010, 14:54, edited 1 time in total.

Sébastien Loeb
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sébastien Loeb » 15 Jul 2010, 14:50

WOW NICE NEWS
Kimi Raikkonen is set for another year of WRC
GOOD LUCK kIMI IN WRC

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 15 Jul 2010, 14:59

Julia wrote:
at least I think this is a reliable source. David Evans seem to be a big Kimi fan he has written all the very praising Kimi columns this year in autosport. He is also a person who Kimi seems to trust and to whom Kimi has given all the exclusive interviews this year in autosport.

and the timing for this scoop was little bit too good (for Kimis image and for red bulls image) in my opinion that red bull didn't do it on purpose... if you read the print edition you realize they got the Red Bull comment's in silverstone last week where the two main rumors were red bull crise and Räikkönens next year... hard to believe they got the scoop whitout a little help from red bull... or that it was a coincidence that i was now.

just my two cents...
Thanks, Julia :hug:

I'm glad Kimi is with Red Bull WRC, not Red Bull F1. Red Bull F1's management is a complete clusterf**k at the moment.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 15 Jul 2010, 15:02

Here's the Article from Autosport Digital Magazine (Let me know if you need a specific article).

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 15 Jul 2010, 15:03

iceman1 wrote:Here's the Article from Autosport Digital Magazine (Let me know if you need a specific article).

thanks iceman1 :shhh:
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 15 Jul 2010, 15:06

Julia wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:
Julia wrote:somebody have posted links to a pdf of the article on autosport forum... i have no idee if its ok to post them here but the mods can probably delete my message ifs not ok....

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4116/479 ... ec50_o.png
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4118/479 ... 2103_o.png
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4139/479 ... ac19_o.png

sounds as a logical decision to me atleast... and I am happy that (if this is true) thaat he stays one more year... nice to here that red bull (theis sourse is helmut marko?) is happy with him :cool:
Hahaaa, You were quicker.. :lol: :lol:

They`ll prpably announce this in Rally Finland

yeaaaa... I won! :lol: :lol:

i dont think they announce it in Rally Finland, more likely just before rally germany (where RB is one of the main sponsor) or sometime there is a bigger marketing value?
Rallt Finland it is. Mark my words :lol:

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 15 Jul 2010, 15:07

Vida wrote::( i want him to return to f1
Me, too, me too... :confused:

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 15 Jul 2010, 15:09

Thanks Iceman1

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 15 Jul 2010, 15:11

sleenster wrote:
Julia wrote:

just my two cents...
Thanks, Julia :hug:

I'm glad Kimi is with Red Bull WRC, not Red Bull F1. Red Bull F1's management is a complete clusterf**k at the moment.

your welcome.... I have a bad habit of spotting these kind of details in news :lol:

realms
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by realms » 15 Jul 2010, 15:16

so rally it is ...

maybe thats why haug visited him ... rebdull doesnt have vacancy anywhere except rally ... so haug thought maybe thats why kimi is staying in rally and offered an f1 drive :) .... ( pure speculation )

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 15 Jul 2010, 15:48

That means his back is not hurting him as was potentially imagined...at least that was what I feel would be the only reason to leave WRC... now I dun think Kimi will ever return to F1 again cos there is no way he would be WDC in WRC the following year...
The JINX

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 15 Jul 2010, 15:50

brendakarli wrote:That means his back is not hurting him as was potentially imagined...at least that was what I feel would be the only reason to leave WRC... now I dun think Kimi will ever return to F1 again cos there is no way he would be WDC in WRC the following year...
Strangest things have happened in the past. At times Talent can overpower the deficit of experience and one thing we all know for sure is that Kimi has plenty of that. :)
Last edited by luieluv on 15 Jul 2010, 16:00, edited 1 time in total.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ish678 » 15 Jul 2010, 15:53

I don't see Kimi becoming WDC in WRC within the next few years. Especially with Loeb still around. And then when Loeb retires, if it is anytime soon then wouldn't Citroen favour Ogier (if he's still there) over Kimi and if not Ogier then Sordo? That's not even taking into account the improvements Ford could have made by then and the additional several years of experience their drivers would have gained. I just don't see it. I guess I'm being pessimistic.

But I'm with Vida, I hoped he'd go back to F1. :(

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 15 Jul 2010, 15:57

ish678,

I wrote very similar feelings earlier in one of these threads...I'm sad...went over to the coffee house to ask if I could bring in alcohol to drown my sorrows there
The JINX