Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Acropolis » 15 Jul 2010, 11:39

luieluv wrote:Raikkonen set to stay in rallying :thumbsup: :hatoff:

By David Evans Thursday, July 15th 2010, 11:15 GMT

Kimi Raikkonen is set to commit to the World Rally Championship for a second season, reveals this week's AUTOSPORT.

The 2007 Formula 1 world champion had been linked to a return to grand prix racing with Renault next year, but the Finn intends to stay in rallying for at least one more year.

Raikkonen is believed to be keen for his relationship with Red Bull in the long term, opening the door for a possible F1 return wuth the energy drink firm's team in 2012.

"I don't miss Formula 1 and I am enjoying what I am doing now," Raikkonen said at the Bulgarian round of the WRC last weekend.

"I have still not decided what I am doing next year yet. Soon I have to decide, maybe it will be just after Rally Finland."

A Red Bull source confirmed to AUTOSPORT that it is close to a deal with Raikkonen: "We are very happy with what Kimi has done this season. He is very good for the Red Bull brand and we are looking to extend his agreement into next year. I think this is likely."

Citroen Racing director Olivier Quesnel is confident that he will retain Raikkonen in 2011.

"I'm sure this will happen," he said. "For myself, he is really involved in rallying and he wants to succeed. I will be pleased if he will stay. he has done one year and he needs to do one more year to make sure."

Sebastien Loeb agrees that it would benefit Raikkonen to stay for at least a second year in the WRC.

"He should, because this year he is only learning," Loeb said. "He cannot be competitive this year and if he stops then he has lost this year. If he continues next year he will arrive on the rallies knowing where he is.

"He has the notes, he can modify them, which is much easier than this year when he had to make them all from the start. He will know better the stages in his head. He can improve a lot from this year to next year.

"Especially because we all change cars, so he will get in the new car and we will also. I'm sure he would have more chances to succeed next season."

link:
http://url4.eu/5qfYm
I like this very much and find it logical too.....

Leijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Leijona » 15 Jul 2010, 11:44

I'm very happy if this is really true (and I believe it is) :thumbsup:

thank you so much Julia for the Autosport article!!!!! :cool:

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 15 Jul 2010, 11:58

Julia wrote:somebody have posted links to a pdf of the article on autosport forum... i have no idee if its ok to post them here but the mods can probably delete my message ifs not ok....

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4116/479 ... ec50_o.png
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4118/479 ... 2103_o.png
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4139/479 ... ac19_o.png

sounds as a logical decision to me atleast... and I am happy that (if this is true) thaat he stays one more year... nice to here that red bull (theis sourse is helmut marko?) is happy with him :cool:
Thanks Julia :)! What a great article, such nice words from Quesnel, Loeb and Evans and of course the mystery Red Bull source if he/she is real. I've been wondering whether Red Bull are happy with their Kimi/WRC investment and based on this they are. As long as Red Bull continues as Kimi's sponsor in WRC there's always the possibility of him going back to F1, so the ones who want him back in F1 (not me) can hold on to their hope. And I agree 100% with Loeb and Evans: it would be a waste of this year in WRC to go back to F1 next year. I for one am itching to see what Kimi can do next year in WRC :drool:.

Edit: Thanks to Luie too :)!

kracer
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by kracer » 15 Jul 2010, 12:01

I like that Autosport article too and hope that he does stay in WRC :pray:

I feel that winning in the WRC is now Kimi's next goal and I think that he will really have a greater chance of that next year.

After that, then maybe he will decide to go back to F1 (which is fine for me, too.

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 15 Jul 2010, 12:37

:( i want him to return to f1

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 15 Jul 2010, 12:54

Kriss wrote: I'm quite sure he will stay. What Loeb says makes sense. Next year will be a lot easier for him. He'll have better chance to measure himself to the top guys.
Absolutely agree! He will stay one more year at least! Then he'll know better that is there a chance to win a title in WRC.

Acropolis Rally here I come, that's sure!!!! :cool: :n :shhh: (and maybe more rallies... :p :blush: ) First I need to show my support in Spain! :D

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 15 Jul 2010, 13:08

Who is David Evans and how well does he know Kimi? ''hmm''

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 15 Jul 2010, 13:13

Kinga wrote:
Kriss wrote: I'm quite sure he will stay. What Loeb says makes sense. Next year will be a lot easier for him. He'll have better chance to measure himself to the top guys.
Absolutely agree! He will stay one more year at least! Then he'll know better that is there a chance to win a title in WRC.

Acropolis Rally here I come, that's sure!!!! :cool: :n :shhh: (and maybe more rallies... :p :blush: ) First I need to show my support in Spain! :D
Kinga, you will be a permanent member of Kimi's team :O

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 15 Jul 2010, 13:17

Thanks, Julia and Luie!!! Such nice words from Loeb, yeah. That's so alien in F1 (a driver talking about a fellow driver at length and so positively) :) Merci, Monsieur Loeb!

Kinga, you should apply as a team roadie or whatever they call it... like the Gino Rosato of Citroen Juniors :::

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 15 Jul 2010, 13:57

Kinga wrote:

I'll be waiting at the rally Acropolis for you....next June...but they changed the stages...they are up in mountains, quite far from Athens :( :(

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 15 Jul 2010, 14:01

Hey now, your whole nation is what three hundred miles long? I drive more than that to work in just one week!
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 15 Jul 2010, 14:12

Oh Red....You are right, but I can't think in Texas terms.....you see sometimes all is relative.....
and you know you have all these nice wide straight roads where traffic flows...come and try to leave or enter this city during rush hour....

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 15 Jul 2010, 14:19

I know, it's nice here. Ahh space!
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 15 Jul 2010, 14:24

redstorm wrote:I know, it's nice here. Ahh space!
fresh air, times square :lol:
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen