Rally News

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Rally News

Post by sleenster » 14 Jul 2010, 19:56

I think Citroen asking Kimi to test their next year's car is a good sign.... did Ferrari ever ask Kimi for input on their 2010 car?!?!

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 14 Jul 2010, 20:47

sleenster wrote:I think Citroen asking Kimi to test their next year's car is a good sign.... did Ferrari ever ask Kimi for input on their 2010 car?!?!
Testing Citroen 2011 means testing Citroen 2011. He`ll drive next year. But in which series..? :wave:

Sébastien Loeb
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sébastien Loeb » 14 Jul 2010, 21:19

sammyosammy wrote:
sleenster wrote:I think Citroen asking Kimi to test their next year's car is a good sign.... did Ferrari ever ask Kimi for input on their 2010 car?!?!
Testing Citroen 2011 means testing Citroen 2011. He`ll drive next year. But in which series..? :wave:
Kimi drive in WRC next year :shhh:

Sébastien Loeb
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sébastien Loeb » 14 Jul 2010, 21:22

valuk wrote:Ford: Ogier would get third works car

"There's no secret, both of our drivers [Latvala and Hirvonen] are confirmed for next year and they will continue," said Wilson. "A lot of the other stuff I'm working on, I consider as private until we get it in place. The idea is that we would find a solution to run those three guys [Hirvonen, Latvala and Ogier]. First and foremost, Jari-Matti and Mikko are in that team for next year."

"Next year is very important to us to win the manufacturers' championship with the brand new car - we did it when the Focus was brand new [in 2006] and we want the same with the Fiesta. We're looking at the best possible way to get the best chance and that's one of the reasons we have gone for Ogier - to strengthen the team."

Link:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85264
thank you
please Ogier Citroen next year :pray: :pray:

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 15 Jul 2010, 05:25

there could be many reasons why kimi is selected to test the new citroen...

1) as said, ogier might be defecting so they would not want him to pass along secrets to ford, but it doesn't mean that kimi would still be in WRC next year ... even if kimi doesn't drive for citoren next year, there is no harm or concern that kimi would defect to another team within WRC so citroen may be approching kimi based on this rationale (whereas Ogier may be ddefecting to Ford).
2) although kimi is new to rally, he is not new to development... some of the things he learned in F1 may prove to be useful to rally cars or to citroen road cars
3) as a new driver in WRC, kimi's input may be an interesting perspective than other seasoned drivers/testers. He may be asking questions out of the usual sets that citroen engineers have been confronted with.
4) yes, the other possibility is that they are gonna keep kimi in their team next year :(
The JINX

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 15 Jul 2010, 07:26

Latvala would welcome Ogier to Ford fold

Ford driver Jari-Matti Latvala says the possible inclusion of Sebastien Ogier into the team for next year would be a positive thing for the British-based outfit.

Ogier has offers from Ford and Citroen for next season and the Frenchman is expected to make his decision on where he will drive in 2011 before the end of the month. Latvala said he would welcome Ogier’s input into the all-new Fiesta RS WRC.

Latvala said: “He could push the drivers in the team to go faster if there comes another driver who can go really quick.”

The Finn said he had no concerns about his own position in the team and added that Ogier’s time at Citroen could also help with the development of the car.

“First of all, I’m not worried because I have a contract with Ford,” he said. “I feel comfortable. He’s a great driver and he has been developing so quickly. If he would be in our team, he could be a strength in a way – but it is more competition within the team. I think he could help with development: our knowledge on the tarmac is not so good and he might not have competed on many [asphalt] rallies, but he has done a lot of testing with Citroen and he knows how they do things there with the set-up, we could learn something from him.”

Ford team principal Malcolm Wilson has underlined his commitment to his two existing drivers, pointing out that a third factory Fiesta would be found for Ogier.

Wilson said: “There’s no secret, both of our drivers are confirmed for next year and they will continue. I have to tell you that a lot of the other stuff that I’m working on I consider as private until we get it in place. The idea is that we would find a solution to run those three guys. First and foremost, Jari-Matti and Mikko are in that team for next year.”

link:
http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/latv ... ford_fold/
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 15 Jul 2010, 09:44

Loeb: Ogier should move to Ford

By David Evans Thursday, July 15th 2010, 09:34 GMT

Sebastien LoebSebastien Ogier will go to Ford as team leader next season if he decides to leave Citroen, according to six-time world champion Sebastien Loeb.

In an extraordinary discussion, outlined in this week's AUTOSPORT, Loeb believes Ogier would be well advised to leave Citroen and head for Ford, where he would drive with number one status.

Speaking in L'Equipe, Loeb said: "I understand that he might be keen to stay at Citroen, it's thanks to Citroen he is where he is, but on the other hand if both he and I dominate the championship Ford could pull out - and that means Citroen might go as well, and then Ogier has lost everything.

"So his decision could be important for the future. Malcolm [Wilson, Ford team principal] has done all he can to get him [Ogier]. He has given him a good offer and over there he would certainly be number one."

Wilson refused to be drawn on what his precise plans would be for a team including Ogier, beyond confirming the Rally of Portugal winner would line up alongside current drivers Mikko Hirvonen and Jari-Matti Latvala in the factory Ford squad.

Latvala said he would welcome Ogier and the possible input he would bring from the Citroen team.

"First of all, I'm not worried because I have a contract with Ford," Latvala said. "I feel comfortable. He's a great driver and he has been developing so quickly. If he would be in our team, he could be a strength in a way - but it is more competition. In some ways it's good and in some ways not so good.

"He could push the drivers in the team to go faster if there comes another driver who can go really quick. Our knowledge on the asphalt is not so good and he might not have competed on many rallies, but he has done a lot of testing with Citroen and he knows how they do things there with the set-up, we could learn something from there."

Hirvonen wasn't quite so expansive when asked what he thought of his potential new team-mate. "I don't care," he said.

Asked to reply to Loeb's comments and his thoughts on his team members for next season, Citroen Racing team principal Olivier Quesnel said: "The feeling is that I am the boss of Citroen Racing, so I decide. And next year we will do our best for those two objectives of the drivers' and manufacturers' championships. Anyway, I am confident we will keep [Sebastien] Ogier for next year."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85277

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 15 Jul 2010, 09:56

Loeb makes complete since. But I also hint a bit that he IS feeling the pressure of the new kid down his back. The real buzz would come from Loeb going to Ford. Let the kid fill those shoes.... Think of the press over that move wow!

Come on Loeb, shock the world!!!
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 15 Jul 2010, 10:08

I am quite amused by this Loeb interview. He says if Ogier does not go to Ford, Citroen would dominate so much that Ford would leave, and hence Citroen would also leave, there would be no WRC. What is he saying?

It definitely seems to suggest at the very least that Loeb is not retiring. :p
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 15 Jul 2010, 10:12

Either he is definately not retiring OR he is posturing to protect his seat as chosen one. Maybe Citroën is thinking of a push like Schui had...
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 15 Jul 2010, 10:19

valuk wrote:
Julia wrote:
redstorm wrote:Even if he is leaving, why not play with a free toy if offered??? He very well may be staying, but he may not....we are just pawns in this big story!

but why would citroen now offer him to play with the toy if they know he is leaving... his input as a test driver cant be so big (he is still a rockie) -> they have definitely very good test drivers already and everything costs money... so either way he is given a opportunity to test if he likes the new car and wants to drive it next year or the he has already decided. ... remember they even dumped Ogier from the test program when it wasn't sure he would drive for them next year... and Kimi is actually they only new name in the list... the others have been testing the car some time now already...
Agree. I think the deal is almost done.
I don't think we can read anything into Kimi being scheduled to test the new car. It could just be that Kimi wants to feel how the next year's S2000 cars feel like.

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 15 Jul 2010, 10:21

redstorm wrote:Either he is definately not retiring OR he is posturing to protect his seat as chosen one. Maybe Citroën is thinking of a push like Schui had...
I would be very surprised if Ogier is not in the main Citroen team next year.

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 15 Jul 2010, 10:27

its looking more and more likely that it would be Ford for Seb2.0
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 15 Jul 2010, 10:44

If O is at C next year L will move on to sportscars me thinks.
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 15 Jul 2010, 11:34

SpaMaster wrote:I am quite amused by this Loeb interview. He says if Ogier does not go to Ford, Citroen would dominate so much that Ford would leave, and hence Citroen would also leave, there would be no WRC. What is he saying?
A possible scenario. That's why I would like Seb2.0 at Ford next year...