Ferrari 2010 What is going wrong?

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Ferrari 2010 What is going wrong?

Post by brendakarli » 13 Jul 2010, 02:31

:n I happen to believe it is becos I have the "HOTS" for the red team this year - after what they did to kimi last year, I have to put in all my effort to "LOVE" this team to DEATH :<>: ...and so far it is paying dividends :shhh:

If kimi ever goes back to F1, I will swear to be his biggest "HATER" so that I can do a reverse jinx :p :rule#
The JINX

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by François » 13 Jul 2010, 10:10

I believe it's mostly down to management, and more precisely the loss of Jean Todt who was the team's biggest asset. He was a real leader, and his no-nonsense team management coupled with bulletproof strategical choices was a key factor in securing all those championships.

Domenicalli is a much weaker leader, and under his rule the team have made quite a number of uncharacteristic and costly mistakes: Kimi's tyre disaster in Malaysia '09, Massa forced to concede two positions near the end of Spain '09 for lack of fuel, calling up Badoer of all people to replace Massa, then the failure to instruct Alonso to give back the position to Kubica last Sunday (when it was obvious to any outside observer that the move was illegal)... not to mention he's seemingly letting Alonso boss him around, as we've heard on the radio at Valencia and Silverstone. I seriously doubt the team's championship charge has any chance of success in Domenicalli's hands.

RagingJamaican
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by RagingJamaican » 13 Jul 2010, 11:41

brendakarli wrote::n I happen to believe it is becos I have the "HOTS" for the red team this year - after what they did to kimi last year, I have to put in all my effort to "LOVE" this team to DEATH :<>: ...and so far it is paying dividends :shhh:

If kimi ever goes back to F1, I will swear to be his biggest "HATER" so that I can do a reverse jinx :p :rule#
:lol:

Indeed Francois, it's quite ridiculous.

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sdutt » 13 Jul 2010, 18:59

:lol:
some people need to bang their head on the wall
Spoiler:

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 13 Jul 2010, 21:14

Charlie Whiting/FIA are pissed off with Ferrari's frequent complaining. Though the move was quite tricky to decide, i think the name Alonso sealed the deal !!

R.?
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by R.? » 13 Jul 2010, 22:20

Pretty stupid of them. In this case, their misery is all their own fault. Their argument that Kubica was already too far behind to let him pass.... it's so stupid. What were Ferrari thinking? That the FIA then would say: oh he's too far back, well forget about it then, no problem. Of course they were going to be penalized. The guy responsible for this should be ashame

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 20 Jul 2010, 10:57

Oh well, Ferrari isn't giving up that easily - again :lol:

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/uutiset.s ... 07/1157812
Ferrari demands changes in regulations again

20.07.2010 13:08

Ferrari is again demanding changes in the regulations because of the penalty Fernando Alonso got in Britain's GP.

Alonso got a drive-through penalty after cutting a corner while overtaking Robert Kubica.

Ferrari critisised strongly Charlie Whiting for making them wait uneccessarily long for the decision of the Spaniard's penalty. According to Ferrari it took the the stewards almost two minutes to react to the incident.

- We are discussing about a correction made to regulations. If the race stewards wouldn't have reacted to the overtake 3-4 corners later, then the move would have been seen as correct, Stefano Domenicali told Italian La Stampa -magazine.

Ferrari made a fuss about the Safety Car -regulations after Valencia GP after which the regulations were changed two weeks later in Silverstone.

When Domenicali was asked if the regulations need to be changed after every race in the future, he replied:

- This is a very complicated sport.

(MTV3)
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

R.?
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by R.? » 20 Jul 2010, 13:11

They just keep focussing the attention on this matter. They were very unlucky in Valencia, they made a mistake of a miscommunication in Silverstone. And now they act if the regulations are against them. They should be focussing on their car. On the pace in quali. Early on in the season they were faster then McLaren. I think that should be their main focus. Not some dispute with the FIA.

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sdutt » 20 Jul 2010, 14:07

I agree with you R.?
Of recent Ferrari have been focusing on the wrong things and trying to show those things are the cause for their own failures

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 20 Jul 2010, 14:11

Lewis got it spot on after Valencia - he said that Fernando should have worried about his own race rather than other things

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 20 Jul 2010, 14:15

What happens if race stewards are investigating multiple incidents?

Ferrari please Focus on the car :P

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 20 Jul 2010, 14:26

They should be investigated in the order of which they happened

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 21 Jul 2010, 11:11

But I remember from earlier races that it has taken ages before they even announce that an incident is being investigated and it has taken a long time before they have decided anything.

If Ferrari has a setback in Hockenheim and gets a penalty - and Ferrari wants the rules to be changed again - then it becomes ridiculous already. It's like Ferrari is writing the rules so that it serves them and also it looks like they have FIA under their thumb.

So for their sake, hopefully it ends here.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sdutt » 21 Jul 2010, 14:11

Wolfie wrote:But I remember from earlier races that it has taken ages before they even announce that an incident is being investigated and it has taken a long time before they have decided anything.

If Ferrari has a setback in Hockenheim and gets a penalty - and Ferrari wants the rules to be changed again - then it becomes ridiculous already. It's like Ferrari is writing the rules so that it serves them and also it looks like they have FIA under their thumb.

So for their sake, hopefully it ends here.
I agree. It is highly likely that one of the rules Ferrari forces to change will backfire on them (either in a direct or indirect fashion), but still they will again demand a change :zz: