The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Off-topic thread for rally fans

Post by Wolfie » 10 Jul 2010, 21:19

RagingJamaican wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
Maria d wrote:its been so long since the rain has come, and so hot, even my sunflowers are melting.
i did not know it got so hot in finland.how long is your summer,when does it get cool.
and NO raging no salt she is not bitter.
Raging - you must have projected your own bitterness on me :p

Maria, we have had this heatwave that doesn't seem to stop. It's like in winter when there was the exceptionally cold week with - 30 C. My eyes started to water when walking outside which led to my eyelashes freezing so I couldn't see anything - it was horrible. Now we have the same extreme and rare weather here with + 30 C.

I forget to drink and and notice in the evening that I'm dehydrated. Drinking too much water makes me dizzy so I have to buy 'stone-water' :lol:

So please, send it over here after your weather has cooled down :pray:

Red can have our heat in Texas too, he is used to it, we aren't :(
I am not bitter, i am just merely a fine specimen.

It's raining here in Scotland :(

I actually quite liked walking about in it.
Whatever you say, Rage, whatever you say :p

Thanks for bringing the image of raining!

Maria, your house sounds wonderful and in NY - wow!

Leijona, you went to the beach? Hope you had fun :cool:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

RagingJamaican
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by RagingJamaican » 10 Jul 2010, 21:23

Wolfie wrote:
RagingJamaican wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
Maria d wrote:its been so long since the rain has come, and so hot, even my sunflowers are melting.
i did not know it got so hot in finland.how long is your summer,when does it get cool.
and NO raging no salt she is not bitter.
Raging - you must have projected your own bitterness on me :p

Maria, we have had this heatwave that doesn't seem to stop. It's like in winter when there was the exceptionally cold week with - 30 C. My eyes started to water when walking outside which led to my eyelashes freezing so I couldn't see anything - it was horrible. Now we have the same extreme and rare weather here with + 30 C.

I forget to drink and and notice in the evening that I'm dehydrated. Drinking too much water makes me dizzy so I have to buy 'stone-water'

So please, send it over here after your weather has cooled down :pray:

Red can have our heat in Texas too, he is used to it, we aren't :(
I am not bitter, i am just merely a fine specimen.

It's raining here in Scotland :(

I actually quite liked walking about in it.
Whatever you say, Rage, whatever you say :p

Thanks for bringing the image of raining!

Maria, your house sounds wonderful and in NY - wow!

Leijona, you went to the beach? Hope you had fun :cool:
You are starting to irritate me now :<>:

Just kidding :hug:

f194girl
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by f194girl » 10 Jul 2010, 21:45

Here we have for about 4 weeks real summer with mostly +30°C or more. I went to the lake today that was the best possbility to to!! The forecast says it will be so hot also for the next week.
In the last two winters we´ve had a lot of days with -20°C which isn´t normal for the region where I live.

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 10 Jul 2010, 21:56

Guys, I really feel for you with all this heat....it must be terrible if you're not used to it...
We are used to go around under the scorching sun and sleep with the air-condition on....today however we had a very nice breeze,we went to the marina for a coffee and it was very comfortable....

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Wolfie » 10 Jul 2010, 22:13

The fast and the safe

Turun Sanomat 10.7 2010 23:34:25

Britain's GP-column 10.7.
You can make a quick driver safe, but you cannot make a safe driver quick...

This striking saying from British motorsport says that you can make a fast driver safe but you can't make a safe driver fast.

We have Finnish examples - both from WRC and F1.

The young Ari Vatanen was superfast but couldn't stay on the road with his speed, no matter what. When he started to stay on the road Vatanen became a real top driver and a champion in WRC.

The young Mika Häkkinen also made a bunch of easy mistakes. When Häkkinen finally mastered his job even Michael Schumacher couldn't keep up with his speed.

Mika became a real top driver and a double champion in F1 who lost his 3rd consequent title due to a DNF - not due to his own mistakes.

There is an ongoing different story of growth in the motorsporting world. Kimi Räikkönen is a top driver and a F1-Champion but as a rallydriver the man from Espoo is a green fruit just like a summer strawberry with a slightly red color on the other side.

The saying in the beginning fits especially this moment's Rally-Räikkönen. The speed comes from the backbone but isn't yet combined with reliability. Kimi is going through the same school the young Vatanen or the young Henri Toivonen went through back in the times. As soon as the WRC-Citroen starts to stay on the road the result will be guaranteed.

No driver in rally has ever started practically straight with a WRC-car. Kimi did drive four rallies with FIAT but you can't see that even as a rallydriver's pre-school - not to mention the actual stairs upwards.

The powers in a WRC-car are of a completely different class than those cars that a rallydriver normally uses while climbing up through the junior-series. This also makes Räikkönen's learning years exceptional.

There is a way out if there isn't enough patience because in F1 several men in powerful positions admit that Räikkönen's comeback would be good for the genre.

Quick learners are for example Lewis Hamilton, who started his F1-career straight as a winner in McLaren but there is some difference between him and Räikkönen who started straight with Citroen's WRC-car. Hamilton did first go through all the small formulas on the F3- and GP2-level.

Silverstone/Heikki Kulta

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 10 Jul 2010, 22:19

Wolfie wrote:The fast and the safe

Turun Sanomat 10.7 2010 23:34:25

Britain's GP-column 10.7.
You can make a quick driver safe, but you cannot make a safe driver quick...

This striking saying from British motorsport says that you can make a fast driver safe but you can't make a safe driver fast.

We have Finnish examples - both from WRC and F1.

The young Ari Vatanen was superfast but couldn't stay on the road with his speed, no matter what. When he started to stay on the road Vatanen became a real top driver and a champion in WRC.

The young Mika Häkkinen also made a bunch of easy mistakes. When Häkkinen finally mastered his job even Michael Schumacher couldn't keep up with his speed.

Mika became a real top driver and a double champion in F1 who lost his 3rd consequent title due to a DNF - not due to his own mistakes.

There is an ongoing different story of growth in the motorsporting world. Kimi Räikkönen is a top driver and a F1-Champion but as a rallydriver the man from Espoo is a green fruit just like a summer strawberry with a slightly red color on the other side.

The saying in the beginning fits especially this moment's Rally-Räikkönen. The speed comes from the backbone but isn't yet combined with reliability. Kimi is going through the same school the young Vatanen or the young Henri Toivonen went through back in the times. As soon as the WRC-Citroen starts to stay on the road the result will be guaranteed.

No driver in rally has ever started practically straight with a WRC-car. Kimi did drive four rallies with FIAT but you can't see that even as a rallydriver's pre-school - not to mention the actual stairs upwards.

The powers in a WRC-car are of a completely different class than those cars that a rallydriver normally uses while climbing up through the junior-series. This also makes Räikkönen's learning years exceptional.

There is a way out if there isn't enough patience because in F1 several men in powerful positions admit that Räikkönen's comeback would be good for the genre.

Quick learners are for example Lewis Hamilton, who started his F1-career straight as a winner in McLaren but there is some difference between him and Räikkönen who started straight with Citroen's WRC-car. Hamilton did first go through all the small formulas on the F3- and GP2-level.

Silverstone/Heikki Kulta
Great, Thanks a lot, Wolfie! :cool: :)

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 10 Jul 2010, 22:22

This came at the exact right moment, didn't it Momo?

Sort of explains to everyone who doesn't know about rally just how many shortcuts Kimi has taken.

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 10 Jul 2010, 22:26

Wolfie wrote:This came at the exact right moment, didn't it Momo?

Sort of explains to everyone who doesn't know about rally just how many shortcuts Kimi has taken.
Yes in deed! :) :O

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 10 Jul 2010, 22:33

hi momo :wave:
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 10 Jul 2010, 22:39

Maria d wrote:hi momo :wave:
:hug: Ciao Bella! :)

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 10 Jul 2010, 22:54

Thanks Nicole!!! :cool:

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 11 Jul 2010, 07:29

Kiitos, Nikki. That was a great read :)

valuk
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by valuk » 11 Jul 2010, 07:50

Wolfie wrote:
I forget to drink and and notice in the evening that I'm dehydrated. Drinking too much water makes me dizzy so I have to buy 'stone-water' :lol:
Well, as long as you don´t forget to breathe, right? :p
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 11 Jul 2010, 08:08

f194girl wrote:Here we have for about 4 weeks real summer with mostly +30°C or more. I went to the lake today that was the best possbility to to!! The forecast says it will be so hot also for the next week.
In the last two winters we´ve had a lot of days with -20°C which isn´t normal for the region where I live.

I abolutely love this weather ... this is how every summer should be :shhh:
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 11 Jul 2010, 08:11

Acropolis wrote:...Today however we had a very nice breeze,we went to the marina for a coffee and it was very comfortable....
Sounds wonderful!!!

You guys keep complaining about the heat... here in tropical Philippines the temperature is in the 30s EVERYDAY! LOL. The beauty of our beaches is gonna make you cry, though :p