2010 Santander British Grand Prix

Season 2010 - Reports, photos, quotes, stats, interviews, gossips, and hot discussion.

Who will win the 2010 British Grand Prix?

Lewis Hamilton
29%
Jenson Button
7%
Sebastian Vettel
24%
Mark Webber
22%
Fernando Alonso
9%
Robert Kubica
4%
Nico Rosberg
2%
Felipe Massa
4%
Michael Schumacher
No votes
Adrian Sutil
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 55

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: 2010 Santander British Grand Prix

Post by swca92 » 10 Jul 2010, 15:46

blizzard wrote:
phil1993 wrote:Webber is really unhappy at the situation. After Vettel's front wing broke this morning, they gave him Webber's new front wing so Webber was left with the old wing. 'Team got the result they wanted', Webber said, after Red Bull gave Vettel the wing based on championship positions.

Red Bull are real good sportsmen!

What a disgrace this team is. If Vettel crashes into Webber it´s Webber´s fault. If Webber´s chassis needs to be replaced, they give him Vettel´s old one. If Vettel´s front wing brakes and they only have one of those, they give him Webber´s!

Morons!

I can´t understand Webber at all, why did he extend his contract for this pile of c**p?

I´d rather drive for Williams or REnault fair and square than beeing Vettel´s b*** by order.
Who's going to sell more cans of sickly tasting energy drink??? A young marketable German, or an older, grizzled and not very marketable Aussie??? Its not fair but is most probably true.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 10 Jul 2010, 15:46

phil1993 wrote:Liuzzi has been penalised 5 places for blocking, he'll start 20th
Just as I predicted!
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 10 Jul 2010, 16:01

I knew Massa was gay, but Alonso... :p

<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

alex1369
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by alex1369 » 10 Jul 2010, 16:12

:lol:

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 10 Jul 2010, 16:22

If Alonso wins tomorrow we'll have 10 races, 5 winners of 2 races each

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 10 Jul 2010, 16:51

swca92 wrote:
blizzard wrote:
phil1993 wrote:Webber is really unhappy at the situation. After Vettel's front wing broke this morning, they gave him Webber's new front wing so Webber was left with the old wing. 'Team got the result they wanted', Webber said, after Red Bull gave Vettel the wing based on championship positions.

Red Bull are real good sportsmen!

What a disgrace this team is. If Vettel crashes into Webber it´s Webber´s fault. If Webber´s chassis needs to be replaced, they give him Vettel´s old one. If Vettel´s front wing brakes and they only have one of those, they give him Webber´s!

Morons!

I can´t understand Webber at all, why did he extend his contract for this pile of c**p?

I´d rather drive for Williams or REnault fair and square than beeing Vettel´s b*** by order.
Who's going to sell more cans of sickly tasting energy drink??? A young marketable German, or an older, grizzled and not very marketable Aussie??? Its not fair but is most probably true.
The team did justify the reason for it. And the employer is Red Bull, not Vettel or Webber.

I don't like the way Mark throws accusation after accusation on the team and deliberately stirs up things so that people too easily forget that that they have had a very fair policy there. Whoever is leading after the first corner gets to pit earlier, now the decision had to be based upon fairness - Vettel leading the last practice and leading in championship-points.

Vettel has had his share of misfortune with bolts and things, now it was again a case of a loose bolt that caused the wing to break. It's not as if he wrecked it when crashing or something like that.

All and all I think that Mark didn't show fair sportsmanship after qualification. No congratulations yet again. It was Alonso and Vettel who tapped each others on the shoulder when the photograph was taken and I don't know what Vettel could do to wipe off the seriousness of Mark's face after Vettel winning.

Sorry, this is only my opinion :blush:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

RagingJamaican
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by RagingJamaican » 10 Jul 2010, 17:02

I agree wolfie, i think people want to see a Red Bull bust and are trying to stir things up, Mark Webber doesn't help matters either, he wouldn't have been in the team if it wasn't for the Renault engines.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 10 Jul 2010, 17:27

RagingJamaican wrote:I agree wolfie, i think people want to see a Red Bull bust and are trying to stir things up, Mark Webber doesn't help matters either, he wouldn't have been in the team if it wasn't for the Renault engines.
Raging, I agree with you, Mark himself doesn't think further either since public accusations about the team does definitely not help his situation in the team - it only creates bad spirit and an even bigger rift.

I heard that after Turkey things got so heated on Red Bull's official forum that many left and call themselves 'Turkish Refugees'. The forum was attacked by a great number of people stirring things up so they rather left than stayed there.

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 10 Jul 2010, 17:47

My personal oppinion on Red Bull
Spoiler:
I really have a serious dislike for them. In my oppinion they are very bad for the sport. Who are they? A rich man buying the Jaguar team and hiring the bestt designer and engineers. Compared to Ferrari who are around since the 50´s and McLaren who are around since the 60´s and even Williams or Renault, who have won championships by working extremely hard, Red Bull is othing to me. I will never respect or even admire them. Plus Vettel is such an anti-hero. Totally Un-German and totally overhyped, I really really detest him. I support most of our German drivers, like Rosberg, Hülkenberg or Glock, but Vettel is a red rag to me.
I think what Mateschitz did is pretty dangerous, because it means every rich man can have success in F1, simply by buying an existing team and hiring the best people. He has no connection to F1, is not a motorsport enthusiat or something like that and unlike Peter Sauber, he has no merits regarding car racing. Next we have Abramovich buying Williams, a Sheik buying Virgin, an Bill Gates buying Lotus. And the teams who stan for F1 all those years like Ferrari and McLaren will be screwed once again. Thank you MR Mateschitz!

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 10 Jul 2010, 18:18

KevC

Post by KevC » 10 Jul 2010, 18:24

Liffonmelsmork wrote:
Kevin Clark wrote:What's the little lump on the inside of the right mirror?
Camera innit?
Never seen any pictures from it if it is.

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 10 Jul 2010, 19:21

If giving Vettel Webber's new, faster front wing and giving Webber an older, slower one when Vettel's new wing breaks isn't favouritism, I don't know what is frankly. Blaming Webber for Turkey also reeks of the team supporting one guy over the other. Its not stirring things up, its just common sense.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 10 Jul 2010, 19:27

Webber wrecked his own car in the last race and Red bull didn't have time to build him a new one so he got the best one available.

Or maybe they should have given Vettel last year's car?

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 10 Jul 2010, 20:35

:rofl: :rofl:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 10 Jul 2010, 21:01

:lol:

Heikki Kulta just wrote his opinion. He didn't quite understand why Webber was disappointed since the wing broke specifically in Vettel's car.

Oh well, this debate could go on forever so it's best I stop here.