Rally Bulgaria 2010

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Linda-Anne
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by Linda-Anne » 09 Jul 2010, 16:03

Hi guys just got home from a day at the hospital having some wiered neck manipulation. So sorry to hear Kimi and Kaj crashed out but i gather they are okay and will race tomorrow if the car can be put back together. Thank god they are both okay and for now the pressure is off so if they get the car going for tomorrow I feel they will show their strength and produce some great drives............just please Kimi no more crashes.

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 09 Jul 2010, 16:10

Neil Cole on twitter
Kimi's roof pretty badly caved in, he & Kaj OK. Car due back in service shortly, will be assessed for restart tomorrow
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 09 Jul 2010, 16:11

Julia wrote:
beefree88 wrote:
luieluv wrote:
ReAlien wrote:
Not exactly the end of the world. If Kimi continues in the pace he had - he will be in the top ten by the end of day 3, BUT I don`t know about SuperRally rules - how the points can be gained under this system I'd like to know?
I believ Kimi can score points, i.e - driver can but manufacture wont get any points. Or its vice versa. Either of one.
Latvala did the same in Turkey or something. We should check that
the problem is that latvala couldn't continue because the car was so damaged....
Than that was another case. Jordan? One of the top guys crashed out, got a 5 min penalty, and continued next day, making up for the lost time, and finishing in the points
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 09 Jul 2010, 16:12

Wolfie wrote:From all news I've read it's almost certain that Kimi will continue tomorrow if they get the car fixed.
That is the most important thing at this stage, I hope Kimi can continue I was really starting to enjoy those green times. :)

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 09 Jul 2010, 16:14

Wolfie wrote:Well I'm extremely happy that I got the chance and choosed to experience the bliss when he was driving fast as a devil - even if he wouldn't continue tomorrow I still have the experience from today that made me extremely happy for him.
Absofrickinlutely.
ReAlien wrote:Good news that they're ok! Hope the car is ready for the next day, it would be a certain disappointment from the points view but still a chance to show his blazing speed!

The moment I saw Kimi doing 2nd split faster than anyone else, I screamed in joy and thrill. !yahoo: I want this feeling again and again. :)
I do, too! It was freaking awesome! Kimi was doing really amazing stuff back there. I mean, everyone was worried that he made the wrong tyre choice but he pulled it off, going green for two splits even! Great, great feeling. The life of a Kimi fan :D
Maria d wrote:i like roller coasters,kimi has sisu!
Yeah yeah!!! \m/
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
Lynx'niK wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:I read that if he is able to continue he will be ninth overall ... how is this possible?
probably because it was one of the last stages, and his advantage to the 10th place was enough, he was drivin with his hot pants on + kaitsu besides with a fresh pack of coke :cool:

I guess that the first thing he did when he was out of the car was putting on his shades and hap :lol:
:lol: And I love the "drivin' with his hot pants on" bit :D

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 09 Jul 2010, 16:14

Oh gosh... i'm away and when i read the news on twitter that kimi crashed and they still try to get him out of his car my heart stop for a minute... glad that he is ok...

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 09 Jul 2010, 16:17

Crash?
I thought, this phase is over, Kimi? :roll::
Hitting a tree and be uninjured? Oh my....more luck than mind! :<>:
Be care!!!! Please!:pray: Too much enthousiasm isn't good....

Hmmm....nah, it was silly to throw away a very good position with that, but I think, he judge himself already a lot enough...so Kimi, let's hope, they could make your car for tmr and then start it again! :)

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 09 Jul 2010, 16:19

Now a new beginning tomorrow and i am sure he will make all of us proud.

more green tomorrow and perhaps top 3 in atleast on of the stage.

Cmonnnnn Kimiiiiii
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 09 Jul 2010, 16:21

Let´s just wait whether they really can continue tomorrow
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

marrie17
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by marrie17 » 09 Jul 2010, 16:26

:sleep: i'm gonna doze off soon enough. so i want to thank all the people who participated in this thread for making it fun to follow and full of information. :hug: really hope Kimi will be able to continue tomorrow. :pray:
see you tomorrow :wave:

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 09 Jul 2010, 16:29

Dracaena wrote:I personally fail to see any horrible disaster in Kimi's off. Other than Citroen maybe running out of cars before the season ends.

Now that he has shown that he is able to finish rallies without major incidents and even be fairly competitive I think he was due another roll.
For me the awesome pace he was showing before more than compensates for the crash....
Wow! I was thinking the exact same thing!
And I'm not that bothered about loosing the position. The Ford's are obviously so disadvantaged that I didn't feel much joy in him being ahead of them in the first place. I was mostly interested in the comparison between his and the other Citroen drivers' pace. After all, the green times were the biggest thrills of today (if not of his entire rally career), not so much the position.

I'm of course also hoping for him to be able to continue tomorrow. He can give us more greens even if he's dead last in the standings, think about that folks!...
Green is my favorite color. More reason to love it now! :D

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 09 Jul 2010, 16:33

Kimi: down but not out?
Despite a sizeable accident on the final stage of the Rally Bulgaria today, the Citroen Junior Team is still holding out hope that Kimi Raikkonen will be able to re-start the second day of the rally tomorrow.

Raikkonen went off less than eight kilometres from the finish of SS4, Belmeken Lake, where he had set fifth-fastest time in the morning.

Nonetheless, having secured fourth place following his team mate Sebastien Ogier’s off in the morning, Raikkonen set off on a more aggressive strategy in the afternoon. He was the only Citroen driver to have opted for Pirelli’s soft-compound tyres, banking on some rain affecting the final two stages.

“I think it’s a good decision,” he said at midday service. “We’ll try something different and see what happens.”

The 2007 Formula 1 World Champion ran at a comparatively conservative pace throughout the penultimate stage, setting sixth-quickest time, but pushed much harder on the final stage, setting the opening two fastest split times despite conditions remaining warm and dry.

Raikkonen then went off towards the end of the stage, landing on his car’s roof. Although the accident was big enough to bring out the yellow flags, Citroen is not giving up hope that the former Grand Prix champion’s C4 WRC can be fixed tonight so that he can start day two under the super rally regulations, with a five-minute penalty per stage missed.

This means that Raikkonen would re-start just outside the top 20 tomorrow, but with every possibility of scoring manufacturer points and acquiring additional experience.

Citroen Junior Team manager Benoit Nogier commented: “We will look at the car when it is back and see if we can re-start under super rally tomorrow. That is certainly our hope, but we can only assess this once we see the car properly. ”
http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=10 ... 26%2363%3B

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 09 Jul 2010, 16:39

Ugh. Still won't open. http://www.citroen-wrc.com/?After-Raikk ... f-the-road

Linda, hope you're feeling better now :)

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 09 Jul 2010, 16:40

luieluv wrote:Now heres the deal. If everything goes well for next two days of this rally then i feel Kimi can finish as high as 8th in overall standings. Now I am not saying only for the sake of making fellow kimsters happy but i just checked and found that after SS3 Kimi was approx 2 to 2.5 minutes ahead of Turan,Wilson and H.Solberg who are currently placed in 8th,9th and 10th position.

So under fairly decent circumstances if Kimi can finish the remaining all the stages at the similar pace of first 3 stages in relative to Turan,Wilson and H.Solberg then Kimi would finish near about close to Turan which is 8th. So finishing 8th is very much possible. So if in 3 stages Kimi had a gap of 2.5 minutes then in remaining 10 stages Kimi has to cover 6.5 minutes. Seems fairly proportionate. So 8th is very very much possible.

And if Kimi decides to up the ante then i wont be surprise even if he wallops Piggy's 7th position.

So all in all i am really looking forward for next two days and so should all of you. :)
Thanks Luie for giving me hope!!! :hug: I was so excited about this rally and then this crash... :fear: But it´s ok, he´s there to learn! We are here to support!!! :shhh:

Like I said, the most important thing is that Kimi and Kaj are ok. Let´s wait for tomorrow then! :O
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 09 Jul 2010, 16:41

Linda-Anne wrote:Hi guys just got home from a day at the hospital having some wiered neck manipulation. So sorry to hear Kimi and Kaj crashed out but i gather they are okay and will race tomorrow if the car can be put back together. Thank god they are both okay and for now the pressure is off so if they get the car going for tomorrow I feel they will show their strength and produce some great drives............just please Kimi no more crashes.
Linda dear!!! I hope everything is okay with you!!! :hug:
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”