Rally Bulgaria 2010

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by Wolfie » 09 Jul 2010, 11:29

Maria d wrote:wow, 5th place? did he say that he would take it easy on the first few stages?or is he just flying all out.
good morning all.
Hi Maria and Chef :hug:

Where did you leave Redstorm?
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 09 Jul 2010, 11:29

hi, all, just came back and find our boy 5th........ !yahoo:
just hope and pray and everything he does well :pray:

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 09 Jul 2010, 11:32

Wolfie wrote:Best parts from Ilta-Sanomat:

SS1:
Staying true to his habits Räikkönen didn't stay to give out statements to rally radio.
Oh come on Kimi, talk to the radio people! They have been so nice and kind to him. Aren't all rally drivers required to talk to the radio? :p I am not even sure Kimi knows this.
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 09 Jul 2010, 11:34

Has this been here ''hmm''
A new water pump for Kimi

Turun Sanomat 8.7 2010 17:28:09

They changed Kimi's water pump in the middle of Thursday testing as a precaution. Yet he was in a splendid speed and was quite trustful about his first rally on tarmac.

–The population by the road was often annoying. It's sometimes a big problem. The noting went well, Räikkönen said.

Borovets/STT

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 09 Jul 2010, 11:35

Okay... everybody went for hards except Kimi.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 09 Jul 2010, 11:36

SpaMaster wrote:

SS1:
Staying true to his habits Räikkönen didn't stay to give out statements to rally radio.
Oh come on Kimi, talk to the radio people! They have been so nice and kind to him. Aren't all rally drivers required to talk to the radio? :p I am not even sure Kimi knows this.
Kimi is giving in little by little. So far he gives one statement at the end of the day and it looks like Citroen is very protective of him. They said that he is to be left alone since he has had so bad experiences from the press.

But he joked to Becs in Portugal that 'why didn't you talk to me' :lol:

ReAlien
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ReAlien » 09 Jul 2010, 11:37

Wolfie wrote:
SpaMaster wrote:
dindi wrote:2nd loop of stages in less than 2 hours... hope Kimi doesn't get carried away :pray:
I think he is driving well within himself. He does not want to crash. He would drive guarded until the final stages just like he has done in the previous rallies.
Just think about how this is a new rally to everybody and voilá - Kimi is better than Ford's topdrivers :shhh:

Is that talent or not :O
His talent was never at question, Nicole! :) Yet, one has to take into account the present problems in the Ford world... They are really struggling in the high altitude rallies. However, if Kimi is that good to be on top of them when they hit the trouble, it means he is no rookie anymore! :thumbsup:
LIVE TIMING WRC: http://www.wrc.com/
DRIVER COMMENTS, LIVE TIMING & STATISTICS: http://www.vysledky-rally.cz/vysledky/

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 09 Jul 2010, 11:37

good morning wolfie, i think red is still sleeping, if hes not working, Texas is 2 or3 hours behind NY.
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

kracer
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by kracer » 09 Jul 2010, 11:39

I'm back! :wave:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 09 Jul 2010, 11:39

Realien, have you noticed how easily we fall into the same thing, making excuses for why Kimi is doing so well? It's kind of scary at times since I find myself thinking in the same lines too - looking for reasons why he is better - it can't be his talent so it has to be the misfortune of others.

ReAlien
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ReAlien » 09 Jul 2010, 11:39

brendakarli wrote:alternating between f1 practice 1 and WRC - work has gone out the door :lol:
Oi, I've forgotten about F1 this morning! :lol:
LIVE TIMING WRC: http://www.wrc.com/
DRIVER COMMENTS, LIVE TIMING & STATISTICS: http://www.vysledky-rally.cz/vysledky/

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 09 Jul 2010, 11:40

Wolfie wrote:
SpaMaster wrote:

SS1:
Kimi is giving in little by little. So far he gives one statement at the end of the day and it looks like Citroen is very protective of him. They said that he is to be left alone since he has had so bad experiences from the press.

Really? :lol: At least he is connecting with them well even if he does not give interviews to them all the time. That's good. I really like the radio people, and am glad that Kimi is in their good books.
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 09 Jul 2010, 11:41

1st split from Loeb up!

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 09 Jul 2010, 11:43

SpaMaster wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
SpaMaster wrote:

SS1:

Really? :lol: At least he is connecting with them well even if he does not give interviews to them all the time. That's good. I really like the radio people, and am glad that Kimi is in their good books.
I know Dheeban, it even makes me cry sometimes when thinking how good they are to him and how good Citroen is to him, telling the media to back off. One can only wonder what he has gone through during the tough times in F1 when even Ferrari didn't stand up for him - so bless the rally radio reporters who know this and have given him time to get used to them not asking anything negative and treating him in a good way. It must be heaven for Kimi.

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 09 Jul 2010, 11:44

Wolfie wrote:...Kimi is giving in little by little. So far he gives one statement at the end of the day and it looks like Citroen is very protective of him. They said that he is to be left alone since he has had so bad experiences from the press.

He did? ::: Such a shame I missed that! Nice!

Uh oh... Ogier stopped.