Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Vida » 08 Jul 2010, 13:25

Leijona wrote:
beefree88 wrote:
Leijona wrote:
luieluv wrote:A Tweet Update from NeilCole :

Kimi "I have offers in both Rally & F1 next year. Right now I am comfortable here"

http://twitpic.com/23f96q
So rally it is I assume? :zz: he has hinted a few times that he will continue in rally next year and IMO this is a pretty evident hint from Kimster (he's usually very secretive) :p
Well, he tries not to get hopes up, but it's evident, that the results of this rallye and the next will be decisive. He clearly enjoys rally more, but if his results turn out to be less promising than he hoped, he might reconsider.
yep that's true. He did say that "right now" he's comfortable in rally but it may change.

but great to hear he has offers for both WRC and rally :thumbsup:
and it would be great if he choose F1 :pray:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 08 Jul 2010, 13:43

I'm not sure if Renault will be a good idea for Kimi since they are going to build the team around Kubica:
http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/07/k ... round-him/

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 08 Jul 2010, 13:45

sleenster wrote:I'm not sure if Renault will be a good idea for Kimi since they are going to build the team around Kubica:
http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/07/k ... round-him/
+ Adrian Sutil wants to be in Reanult next year.

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 08 Jul 2010, 13:59

there are plenty of hints that kimi is WRC bound! sad but true
The JINX

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 08 Jul 2010, 14:00

we'll never know until the fat lady sing..

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 08 Jul 2010, 14:03

no not sad at all, just look at that smile,what other driver can you think of who has a chance at mastering both rally and f1?
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 08 Jul 2010, 14:10

Maria, sad cos I'm selfish hahahaha
The JINX

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 08 Jul 2010, 14:14

Brenda, dont get me wrong i would also love to see him back in f1,iam selfish too. but at least he is giving us a chance to witness something truly amazing.
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 08 Jul 2010, 14:18

Maria d wrote:Brenda, dont get me wrong i would also love to see him back in f1,iam selfish too. but at least he is giving us a chance to witness something truly amazing.
:thumbsup: +1

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 08 Jul 2010, 14:20

momo wrote:
Maria d wrote:Brenda, dont get me wrong i would also love to see him back in f1,iam selfish too. but at least he is giving us a chance to witness something truly amazing.
:thumbsup: +1
:thumbsup: :p

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 08 Jul 2010, 14:54

to be honest, I haven't seen much of the WRC stuff with kimi in it...most of the time, I just read the posts on the rally threads...I have't been able to get into it as fully as I should considering I am totally ignorant about WRC
The JINX

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 08 Jul 2010, 15:18

Kubica would welcome Raikkonen

By Jonathan Noble and Mark Glendenning Thursday, July 8th 2010, 15:09 GMT

Robert Kubica says he would welcome Kimi Raikkonen as a team-mate at Renault next year if the squad lures the 2007 world champion back from rallying to Formula 1.

Raikkonen has been linked with a return to F1 with Renault in 2011 after a one-year absence, with the Anglo-French squad now the most competitive team with a vacant seat should the Finn decide to end his World Rally Championship project at the end of the season.

Kubica - who recently announced a contract extension with Renault through to the end of 2012 - emphasised that he did not know whether Raikkonen was likely to be his team-mate or not, but liked the idea of pairing up with the former champion.

"As I always say, I have no problems with my team-mates," said Kubica. "If Kimi will join us it will be very good. I think he is a great and talented driver.

"It might be very, very good driver line-up with him, but I don't know what the future will bring us and who will be my team-mate next year. I think it's too early to say."

GP2 graduate Vitaly Petrov currently occupies Renault's second car, with the Russian's inexperience making Kubica a clear number one within the team. But the Pole said he would have no qualms about sharing top billing in the line-up with a driver like Raikkonen - and believes that would be a better scenario for Renault than his current superiority.

"It's much better, especially in the current days, to have two good drivers in the team - both drivers can help the team and help each other," said Kubica.

"Without testing there is very limited time running. If you have someone you can rely on for information, data and feedback it is much easier for myself. Of course I think there is no downside to having two strong drivers in the team."

Kubica also underlined that his decision to re-sign for Renault was based on his belief in the team's prospects rather than because other options had been closed off. He had been linked with a Ferrari switch before Felipe Massa secured a new deal, and recent rumours also suggested a possible Mercedes move.

"It's quite simple that if I decide to stay at Renault it's because I believe in what I see and what my feelings are," he said.

"I'm not deciding to stay in Renault for two years because then in three years' time someone will leave another team. I'm not thinking about it. I've decided to stay here and I believe we can be competitive in the future, and I'm looking forward to continuing working with Renault."

link:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85071
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 08 Jul 2010, 15:19

Now what do you guys have to say bout this? :lol: :lol:
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

valuk
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by valuk » 08 Jul 2010, 15:37

luieluv wrote:Now what do you guys have to say bout this? :lol: :lol:
I think that there is a great respect between the two drivers, but that´s it. I think Kimi will stay in WRC (if he gets closer to the top guys).
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 08 Jul 2010, 16:02

luieluv wrote:Now what do you guys have to say bout this? :lol: :lol:
i think that renault is offering kimi a seat next year and they still negotiating, whether will renault able to convince kimi to return is we'll never know... it bring me a flash back when mclaren was negotiating with kimi... lewis is also saying the same thing... So i guess we'll just have to wait and see whether renault is able to convince him and take him with all his demand... :cool: