Our Favourite Drivers and why...

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Our Favourite Drivers and why...

Post by Dark_Fisico » 26 May 2007, 14:14

Well we have some people who are very supportive of a particular driver and I just wondered who everyone supported and why they support them...

For my its obviously Fisico, from the moment he walked into F1 in 95 I've loved him... I couldn't think of supporting anyone else even though he's never gonna be champion and have great faith in him and his abilities :mrgreen: and as you can tell rather protective of him too :lol:...

I know theres probably been a thread like this before or still is somewhere but I asked Icemen1 and he said I could make it :lol:...

Busi
Donator
Donator

Post by Busi » 26 May 2007, 14:41

Alonso, not only because he's from Spain like me, I could also like De la Rosa or Gene or Valles.

But since 2003 he's been able to show how quick he can be in race conditions, in Sepang 2003 I really could see it. I had also seen him in some Formula Nissan races and his driving was already nice to watch.

Now twice world champion and with the team I've always considered the best to be in :)
Alonso, future 5 times world champion

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 26 May 2007, 15:09

I have been siding with the same team since 1992 and I do not side with a particular driver.

However, there are Williams' drivers that I like more than others.

Chubbs
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Chubbs » 26 May 2007, 15:36

for me i have only really started to get into F1 and take a lot of notice of it last year...

last year i was kind of neutral but liked alonso's style and agression, i also liked kimi because he was a superb underdog all season let down by unreliable car.

this year it was kind of easy, i was folllowing Hamilton in gp2 a little and really liked his talent and some of the overtaking moves were amazing. at instanbul last year he started last and drove immensely to second place! coupling that with the fact hes british like me, a great guy off track and generally exciting to watch makes it obvious who i would support...

:)

julie
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by julie » 26 May 2007, 15:43

Well for me its Kimi, i like the way he gives it all his got, his so cool nothing seems to phase him. I've liked him sense he joined F1.
Eddie Irivine use to be my favourite as he was the closet to Irish i had, i hated the way he was treated at Ferrari second fiddle all the time :evil:
ImageImage

MikaOwns
kart driver
kart driver

Post by MikaOwns » 26 May 2007, 16:38

One of my favorite drivers is Juan Pablo. This guy had to have been one of the biggest personalities in F1, not to mention his great driving skills. He would always go head to head with Schumi and didn't care that he was the champ. I remember at one after-race press conference he said, "You either gotta be blind or stupid not to see me" when Michael closed the door on him. LOL JP is a classic. He's terrible in NASCAR though.

SHINLAZER
kart driver
kart driver

Post by SHINLAZER » 26 May 2007, 16:47

LEWIS HAMILTON - Team Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

His Background, British F3 Champion, F3 Euro Series Champion, GP2 Series Champion... Lewis is a Winner, and his Driving Technique is Smooth an Quick!

nelmesy16
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by nelmesy16 » 27 May 2007, 08:11

for me its christijan albers- because i love his driving style agression, and i like it how he will fight for the win all the time even tho he is in 16th position! the best thing about him is he never gives up and will fight to the end! i started liking him when he came in the spotlight in 2002 when he was in DTM! now, he is at spyker and they are improving everyday and albers will be able to show himself very soon!

WDC
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by WDC » 27 May 2007, 09:51

Well, Michael Schumacher from the time i watced my first race in 94 i took a liking to his odd name, being only a small child, and now he is a god-like figure for me.

Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro, my team because being italian background, it just about runs in your blood from birth!
Thankyou Schumi you will always have a place in our hearts!
Michael Schumacher- 7 volte Campione del mondo!
SIMPLY THE BEST

theo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by theo » 27 May 2007, 11:25

i started watching F1 not long time ago, like maybe 2002 or 2003 at was always a fan of michael schumacher.
GO KIMIIII....

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 29 May 2007, 10:45

Well, I first started watching F1 in 2000 when I was just 8 years old and I liked the look of the red car(!), which was Michael Schumacher. He retired in the first race I watched properly (Monaco 2000). Since then I have always liked Ferrari so my favourite drivers have been Michael, Rubens, Felipe and Kimi. Of the current drivers my favourite is Felipe as he has been with Ferrari longer than Kimi.

jana7i
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by jana7i » 29 May 2007, 12:27

MikaOwns wrote:One of my favorite drivers is Juan Pablo. This guy had to have been one of the biggest personalities in F1, not to mention his great driving skills. He would always go head to head with Schumi and didn't care that he was the champ. I remember at one after-race press conference he said, "You either gotta be blind or stupid not to see me" when Michael closed the door on him. LOL JP is a classic. He's terrible in NASCAR though.
yeah, my favorite was Montoya too.

dominico1
car driver
car driver

Post by dominico1 » 29 May 2007, 13:57

Favourite driver??for me montoya definetely!!he was the guy.he was fast, good and he has always been driving on the edge :evil: !!we do not see this kind of driver too often in F1!!

nelmesy16
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by nelmesy16 » 29 May 2007, 14:08

i think montoya wasnt much.... he can race very well sometimes but he was just a average f1 driver to me.... the only time i liked him was when he got very angry with villenuve hehe

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 29 May 2007, 14:28

I loved Montoyas attitude :lol:, it was funny to watch him... That time he walked into a camera man and his wife had to pull him away from a fight :mrgreen: classic...