The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Off-topic thread for rally fans

Post by Maria d » 06 Jul 2010, 21:17

Acropolis wrote:Maria, that's why I say small things actually make life happy. Every moment I try to look around and isolate the good part of the picture. :)
i agree, we have been through so many hard times, but if you look you can find something to lift you up, and for me its never been the big things, its like a day you had.
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 06 Jul 2010, 21:23

Well, we are used to the hot weather and the sun. We become unhappy in winter when it is cold ( for us under 10C is cold) and rainy more than a few days...but go wild when we have snow..( once every two years for a couple of hours or a couple of days max), kids are so happy because the don't get to play with snow.....I like to visit a cool place in the summer, like middle or north Europe, the cold feels so good after two very hot months, but again only for a few days...Maria, NY was very hot and humid these days, right?

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 06 Jul 2010, 21:27

its been so hot the city is worried about a black-out , and we keep getting phone calls from the town not to use the water for anything outdoors...no rain in sight, only temps around 30C

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 06 Jul 2010, 21:30

the last thing you want are hot people in the subway, tempers flare so easy....

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 06 Jul 2010, 21:33

Maria d wrote:its been so hot the city is worried about a black-out , and we keep getting phone calls from the town not to use the water for anything outdoors...no rain in sight, only temps around 30C
My baby with her friends will be there in 10 days, I hope it will not be worst than here, so that they get to go around...they have a big question:do you have to be 21 to get into the clubs? perhaps your son can enlighten us.... :fear:

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 06 Jul 2010, 21:36

Denorth that sounds nice and cool, and as far as the tea goes, i would love to try it. the only berries we eat here is lingonberry.

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 06 Jul 2010, 21:42

Acropolis wrote:
Maria d wrote:its been so hot the city is worried about a black-out , and we keep getting phone calls from the town not to use the water for anything outdoors...no rain in sight, only temps around 30C
My baby with her friends will be there in 10 days, I hope it will not be worst than here, so that they get to go around...they have a big question:do you have to be 21 to get into the clubs? perhaps your son can enlighten us.... :fear:
yes 21 to drink, but some clubs were letting in 18 year olds, but they could not drink. i dont know if they are still letting in the 18 year olds because of some problems,i will check with my son when he comes home and let you know.
this is unusual for ny to have such hot weather for this long and so early in the summer season. hope it ends soon.

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 06 Jul 2010, 21:47

Thanks Maria, the drinking is not the problem, since my daughter drinks no alcohol and her friends could do without it as well, but they want to go to a NY club...
My first summer in NY was so hot that I thought I would die, yes, because we don't have the humidity...we borrowed money for an air-condition...

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 06 Jul 2010, 21:52

Maria d wrote:Denorth that sounds nice and cool, and as far as the tea goes, i would love to try it. the only berries we eat here is lingonberry.
lingonberry is good - I choose it over cranberry any time. Every autumn we were gathering wild berries and mushrooms. It's huge thing in Russia.
Lingberry it is something we call 'proper blueberry' :) the one that make lips and tongue violet.
I have to go to IKEA here to buy those jams, should try to go to Scotland one day :zz: may be there...

I am honestly surpirsed you have lingonberry there. Thought it was too warm for it.
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Wolfie » 06 Jul 2010, 21:59

KIMI'S WILL TO LEARN PLEASES THE TEAM MANAGER

Turun Sanomat 6.7 2010 23:31:09

Citroen's Junior Team will continue in WRC next year also so it wouldn't be any big wonder if Kimi Räikkönen would stay with the gang.

Team manager Benoit Nogier praises that Räikkönen went to rally with an honourable attitude.

– Kimi is aware of his level and completely understands that he has to improve. He has to learn to know everything and it succeeds only through experience. All Kimi lacks is experience. He can be very fast but when he doesn't have experience he easily takes risks without even realising it since one wouldn't think they would be risks. Only experience helps, not anyone's advice.

What kind of a rally driver is Räikkönen at the moment?

– In the beginning Kimi let the car slide on gravel. The topdrivers take the corners more straightly and save time. Maybe Kimi is driving in the old Finnish style but that style isn't good anymore. You lose a lot of grip and time when the car is rolling like that.

Kimi is one second behind the topdrivers.

– All topdrivers are extremely fast. One mustn't forget that. Kimi has greatly improved his performance during the season. Like I said, it's first and most about experience.

– In Portugal's rally Kimi was 1-1,7 seconds behind the lead. In Turkey he felt more at home and there the difference was under one second, Nogier clears.

Can Räikkönen already setup a rally car?

– Yes he can but you never know if it's going in the right direction, Nogier estimates.

What feature does the team manager appericate in his Finnish driver?

– Temperament and straightforwardness.

At the eve of Bulgaria's rally Nogier assures that he is interested to see what Räikkönen is capable of in his first WRC-rally on tarmac.

– I'm eager to see Kimi's pace especially after seeing how well he drove in Lanterna's rally in Italy.

Kaj Lindström was grateful that the race gave a lot of selfconfidence to Räikkönen who according to him felt in Italy for the first time that he is a real rally driver.

– I have been waiting to get to tarmac ever since the beginning of the season. I got a good feeling in the car right from the first tests. The feeling only got better in Lanterna's rally. I really enjoyed that rally even though I lost the victory in the end. The whole team has been helping me a lot and the hard work in the beginning of the season has started to pay back, Räikkönen thinks.

– My goal is to finish the rally and start finally to completely understand my car.

What kind of results does the team manager expect from Räikkönen in the end of the season?

– It's very difficult to say. Apart from Finland's rally all places have been new to Kimi. For example Japan's and Britain's rallies are very tricky for a driver who hasn't drove there before.

Nogier feels certain pride over having a F1 World Champion driving in his team.

– It's a great honour for us when a topdriver who has been driving for Ferrari and McLaren made a choice like this. No other F1-driver before Kimi has ever came this seriously into rally.

Turun Sanomat

HEIKKI KULTA
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 06 Jul 2010, 22:00

we go to Ikea, :lol: and elderflower drink, my hubby likes the lingonberry with vodka.

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Acropolis » 06 Jul 2010, 22:03

Thanks, Wolfie !yahoo:

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 06 Jul 2010, 22:04

ive seen pics of the mushrooms, wow its like nothing we have over here...i know that theres a law in Finland and Sweden that lets you pick the berries and mushroom i think its called freemans law, you cant do something like that over here, there is a no trespassing sigh and you could get shot.

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 06 Jul 2010, 22:05

Acropolis wrote:Maria, that's why I say small things actually make life happy. Every moment I try to look around and isolate the good part of the picture. :)
+1 :cool:

This was a very happy moment when we put back to nature this hedgehog.
We kept her all winter in our house.
She would have surely died if he stayed outside because we live in the mountains and
she was too thin to go into hibernation!
:)

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 06 Jul 2010, 22:06

signs not sigh :blush: