The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
valuk
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Off-topic thread for rally fans

Post by valuk » 06 Jul 2010, 14:23

Wolfie wrote:
But anyway, Valuk, can't believe you actually said that men get better paid because they do a better job :roll::
I just said it to get you angry. Girls luke cute when they get angry :O
Wolfie wrote: Trust me, the lack of efficiency at work from the men's side was sometimes so frustrating that I wanted to scream - how on earth can they be so slow and unefficient???
Oh come on, if I would say that about women you would crucify me :roll::
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

valuk
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by valuk » 06 Jul 2010, 14:24

ReAlien wrote:Did anyone post it yet? :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MleuPXWo ... r_embedded

ps. Here's another one, not from rally but in similar fashion. :rofl:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIcv-KoN ... r_embedded
:rofl: :shhh:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

valuk
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by valuk » 06 Jul 2010, 14:27

Leijona wrote:
valuk wrote:
Leijona wrote: I do understand your point, but there's one thing I want to mention which is related to the subject. men get paid more than women from the same job (same working hours and same requirements). Iltalehti released a list today of job salaries for both women and men in Finland and it was evident that men get much bigger salaries than women from the exact same job. For example a restaurant-worker gets 2266 euros (man) compared to 2026 (woman) - in the private sector the difference is even bigger, over 800 euros. That's not fair in any way and there is no other difference than the gender, no matter the qualifications etc :confused:
Maybe men do a better job? :p This problem is the same in our country. But why would a manager pay a guy more than a woman (if they both do the same work, and both do it with the same quality)? I just think that a man is willing to work more long hours than a woman.
naah it's not about the quality of work.... there is still something very strange going on in the system and women seem to suffer :roll::

one suggestion is that maybe men are not ashamed to demand more salary?? but this can't explain everything..
This could be it. (well part of it) But this is your problem, not ours.

valuk
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by valuk » 06 Jul 2010, 14:38

Wolfie wrote: I don't know what it's like in Slovenia but in Finland both work, on a date both pay for their own meal and often keep separate bank accounts.
Oh how romantic. :roll:: And when things get hot you agree that both will spend the same amount of time "on top". This way you are totally equal. :roll::
Wolfie wrote: Then there's the universal thing; when reaching their 50's the story usually goes like this - the woman starts to contemplate about life in a deeper sense and the man again is terrified over growing old so he changes the wife into a 25-year old (if he can get one) and starts to live his youth again. No brainer that the woman lives longer :lol:
Oh so that´s why you do your bob-jobs, nose-jobs, liposuctions, tummy tucks,...you contemplate about life in a deeper sense :huh:
Face it, nobody wants to get old and everybody looks funny when trying to turn back the clock.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 06 Jul 2010, 15:04

valuk wrote:
Wolfie wrote: I don't know what it's like in Slovenia but in Finland both work, on a date both pay for their own meal and often keep separate bank accounts.
Oh how romantic. :roll:: And when things get hot you agree that both will spend the same amount of time "on top". This way you are totally equal. :roll::
Wolfie wrote: Then there's the universal thing; when reaching their 50's the story usually goes like this - the woman starts to contemplate about life in a deeper sense and the man again is terrified over growing old so he changes the wife into a 25-year old (if he can get one) and starts to live his youth again. No brainer that the woman lives longer :lol:
Oh so that´s why you do your bob-jobs, nose-jobs, liposuctions, tummy tucks,...you contemplate about life in a deeper sense :huh:
Face it, nobody wants to get old and everybody looks funny when trying to turn back the clock.
I want to get old and wise. And don't do any jobs on my body. But am with you on the same page that it looks funny when someone tries desperately to look young. Youthness comes from within.

But didn't mean to start any man-woman -war here. I worked in a company where 95 % were men so it was difficult to compare them to any women but I like to do my work very very very fast and hate it if I have to wait for someone slow to take his or her time when there is only 8 hours time. Not lazyness, slowness on purpose, wandering here and there when some contract really has a deadline and they sit on a 16-page technical description that needs to be translated, copied and shipped during the same day. Then they come at 2 in the afternoon and want to have a chat and I'm about to scream 'get out of here, I have to start translating a.s.a.p.' :lol:

Apologies for that :)

But we really pay for our dinner, we don't have a 'dating-system' like other countries have. Boy meets girl in pub and that's that - often :n

Wolfie stops here.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Linda-Anne
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Linda-Anne » 06 Jul 2010, 18:19

Maria d wrote:i had a hamster like that his name was Chester..that was our first pet when we got married..
Linda-Ann, iam sorry you feel that way about marriage, it starts with him being your best friend , 30 years later hes still my best friend.I am a thinking women, had it all good education, job, and a family, he pushed me on, held me up, and will stand at my side.it takes 2 , both working together.its a roller coaster highs and lows, but stay on cause the ride is fun.
hey Maria I didnt mean all marriges are bad it was just an snswer to our friend Valuk to his comments. I agree a good marrige is based on friendship and trust. Yes and it is about give and take and working together and off course communicating with each other. My own parents have been happily married for nearly 50 years but my mum would admit that it has worked because she gave in to my dad a lot :) Been married myself for 13 years, hubby is my best friend but still very much a little boy in some areas and is useless with money which makes life pretty difficult. Yes I could help him with this but only by total domination (tried everything else) and I dont think he would like that very much.
But then again all lifes have their problems.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 06 Jul 2010, 19:25

That's right Linda, all lives have their problems and tragedy is always linked with happiness - two sides of a coin that makes love ah so bitter-sweet :)

I'm letting you be in peace here, during this heat when I can't think straight it's best I be in the funstuff-section :lol:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 06 Jul 2010, 20:08

Small things in life give a big happy picture when you collect them....
After a hot day at about 35 C, I met a friend in the old part of the city that still remains....it is the part under Acropolis....A cool breeze made it very comfortable, we sat at a tavern and had souvlaki ( without tzatziki, Maria), then at another place by the ancient market for fresh fruit shorbet, talked and laughed a lot, watched the people pass by, listened to music by the municipal band....it was like a vacation day.Tomorrow I have to fight with bureaucracy, but I'll survive...and then we have rally....and we'll get to see our Kimi drive, as well as his cute nose...

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 06 Jul 2010, 20:43

As you know, I like more winter than summer. Even here has been too hot for me (30C - I like more -30C) I was at sauna in evening. I think that I must be crazy :D
I miss a babysitter

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 06 Jul 2010, 20:52

Moominpappa wrote:As you know, I like more winter than summer. Even here has been too hot for me (30C - I like more -30C) I was at sauna in evening. I think that I must be crazy :D
I practically live in 30-40C for many months, but a sauna I cannot stand, and you went today....about the jumping, you jump from a cliff or in a regular diving post as in your earlier picture...

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 06 Jul 2010, 21:03

Acropolis wrote:Small things in life give a big happy picture when you collect them....
After a hot day at about 35 C, I met a friend in the old part of the city that still remains....it is the part under Acropolis....A cool breeze made it very comfortable, we sat at a tavern and had souvlaki ( without tzatziki, Maria), then at another place by the ancient market for fresh fruit shorbet, talked and laughed a lot, watched the people pass by, listened to music by the municipal band....it was like a vacation day.Tomorrow I have to fight with bureaucracy, but I'll survive...and then we have rally....and we'll get to see our Kimi drive, as well as his cute nose...
that sounds like a wonderful day, like out of a movie.... :thumbsup: that left a cool breezy image.
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 06 Jul 2010, 21:05

Acropolis wrote: I practically live in 30-40C for many months, but a sauna I cannot stand, and you went today....about the jumping, you jump from a cliff or in a regular diving post as in your earlier picture...
I think that I would go crazy if temperature is so high more than one or two weeks on the year. The place where I was today is exactly the same than in that old picture. It is very famous swimming place in Lappeenranta.

I like water in it's all state: water, snow and ice :) ...okay, clouds are also beauty.
I miss a babysitter

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 06 Jul 2010, 21:07

Moominpappa wrote:As you know, I like more winter than summer. Even here has been too hot for me (30C - I like more -30C) I was at sauna in evening. I think that I must be crazy :D
its 100 degrees F here, i think thats a little over 30C, it to HOT,did the sauna help? :huh: i like the winter better than summer.
i wish we could have winter , but the flowers still grow. :lol:
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 06 Jul 2010, 21:08

Maria, that's why I say small things actually make life happy. Every moment I try to look around and isolate the good part of the picture. :)

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 06 Jul 2010, 21:15

@ moominpappa
I am 100% with you - sauna is great. any time of the year.

@maria
it works well even on the hot day - same story as a hot shower instead of the cold on a hot day. After good time in sauna with temperature abouve 100C it is very refreshing outside even when it is 30C :O when it is in the forest - you just go out with a towel and nothing else and silence and swim in a chil water and drink tea with cloudberry or billbery home-made jam... :drool: ...
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi