Rally Bulgaria 2010

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by luieluv » 06 Jul 2010, 16:57

Thanks everyone for the info.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 06 Jul 2010, 17:00

luieluv wrote:Thanks everyone for the info.
Likewise :shhh:

Luie, I miss the electric blue in your name :fear:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 06 Jul 2010, 17:04

Wolfie wrote:

as in??? I do have it. Rite.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Arli Racegirl
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Arli Racegirl » 06 Jul 2010, 18:00

Julia wrote:from the Red Bull webbsite:
Thanks Julia! :thumbsup:
THE ICEMAN BRASIL - KIMI RAIKKONEN http://www.kimiraikkonenbrasil.com/
MY TWITTER http://twitter.com/Arli_Racegirl

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 07 Jul 2010, 05:14

your welcome!

here is Wilsons verdict about the stadges after the first recce. Sounds like a rally that should suit Kimi very well ... like rally mexico but faster and on asphalt.
Wilson reports from Bulgaria recce

Stobart Ford driver Matthew Wilson says that the Rally Bulgaria is one of the quickest asphalt events he has seen, following the opening day of the recce on the Borovets-based event.

“It’s going to be a tricky rally, that’s for sure,” pointed out Wilson. “It’s very, very quick - even quicker than Catalunya in places. That’s the single biggest thing that you notice about the event; it’s so fast.”

However, the Englishman has also identified another aspect that some crews might struggle with: the high altitude. “In some places today (Tuesday) we were nearly reaching 2000 metres,” he added. “That’s approaching the same sort of altitude that we had in Mexico, and of course that cost everybody a lot of power.

On this rally I think it’s something that people have maybe underestimated so far. In the end though, it’s quite hard to visualise exactly how it’s going to be as during the recce we’re limited to 70kph. When we actually compete on these roads for the first time, it’s going to be very different.”

While the Bulgarian stages are generally wide and fast - described by former Rally Bulgaria winner Giandomenico Basso as “like motorways” in places - there are some more technical sections.

“A few bits of road are quite rough, with broken-up asphalt,” concluded Wilson. “That’s going to be tricky to manage. It’s always important to have good pace notes, but that’s especially the case here in Bulgaria.”

While initial reports suggest a dry weekend ahead, variable weather could also be a factor over the course of the rally - as there is always the possibility of rain.
http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=10 ... aria+recce
Last edited by Julia on 07 Jul 2010, 09:14, edited 1 time in total.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 07 Jul 2010, 07:33

luieluv wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

as in??? I do have it. Rite.
When you were Member of the Mont, Luie :hug:

It was always nice to see your special blue in your name since you have always had the signature of the 'electrifying blue' :cool:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

kracer
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by kracer » 07 Jul 2010, 09:05

Thanks, Julia! :hug:

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 07 Jul 2010, 09:12

Driving with Kimi – Kaj Lindström; The asphalt is hot

In the coming weekend one of the season's most interesting and most anticipated rallies will be driven. Rally Bulgaria is a new race for every driver in the series and it's the first asphalt rally of the season. So we finally get to the proper surface: hot asphalt.

Hi all again.

A couple of weeks ago we drove a two-day finishing test which went well. We managed to improve the car's set-up significantly compared to Italy. Kimi was able to try his own ideas with the set-up in peace and with their help the car became different and clearly better and faster. The test was all in all a very positive event and Kimi drove the rally car nicely on asphalt. We both feel really good about taking part in Rally Bulgaria.

On asphalt Kimi is like at home. He likes to drive a car whose behavior is neutral and which slightly oversteers in the corners. The main thing is that the car turns well into corners. In the tests, as well as the test race in Italy, we were in good speed all the time.

During the coming rally we are allowed to use 40 different tires which we have to choose from 40 hard and 20 soft compound tires. In the tests Kimi was able to drive on such a soft driving line that our tires wore a lot less than for example our team mate Sebastien Ogier's tires. Kimi's action behind the wheel was expressionless but extremely efficient: when he brakes he does it once and we accelerate he immediately presses the pedal to the floor. He does nothing in vain. In the tests it was easy to see that Kimi has driven on asphalt all his life: the tires don't become heated and ware as much as usually with rally drivers on asphalt.

So the Rally Bulgaria route is new for everyone. It's possibly also easier to pace note since asphalt roads usually miss those crests after which the road takes a turn into some direction. Asphalt roads are usually more logical in nature than gravel roads: you can usually always see from the car what is coming.

In the asphalt tests it showed from Kimi's driving that he didn't have to think about the basics of rally driving anymore because on asphalt they came from his spine. Therefore there's one variable less for Kimi compared to gravel. We feel confident going into the race.

Rally Bulgaria starts on Friday morning at 9 am and it ends on Sunday at 2 pm. The centre of the rally is the city of Borovets which lies about 100 km south of the capital Sofia. The concentrated service park of the race lies about 25 km away from Borovets at the Dolna Banya airport. There are 14 special stages in the rally, the combined length of which is 354,10 km. All the special stages are asphalt covered: some of them are in better shape on the surface, some in worse.

Let's hope that there's still vacation weather in Finland after a week. I'll get back to you then.

Kaitsu

(Minna Ranki 5.7.2010)
http://www.kolmeks.fi/kolmeks/ajankohtaista/?nid=128

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 07 Jul 2010, 09:23

Dracaena wrote:
Driving with Kimi – Kaj Lindström; The asphalt is hot
Grazie infinite Dracaena :cool: :hug:

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 07 Jul 2010, 09:25

thanx dracaena, that was very interesting reading!

wow, is Kaitsu also blogging? nice! more news/article that are not just copy-pasted from the citroen or Red Bull press releases...

Leijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Leijona » 07 Jul 2010, 09:49

thanks dracaena, that was a great blog from Kaitsu! :thumbsup:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 07 Jul 2010, 10:00

Leijona wrote:thanks dracaena, that was a great blog from Kaitsu! :thumbsup:
indeed :thumbsup: thanks a lot Dracaena :hug:
It seems Kimi on the right track, I can hardly wait :O

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 07 Jul 2010, 10:03

Becks' preview
http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=22 ... eason=2010
"I was stopped by the police today as I drove to the service park at Dolna Banya. The policeman stood in the road and gestured for me to stop. I was concerned as I wound down the window and piped up with 'I only speak English' and he just looked at me and said - 'Are you Sebastien Loeb? No? Then slow down!' Luckily he just sent me on my way, red faced and shamed!" :lol:
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Arli Racegirl
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Arli Racegirl » 07 Jul 2010, 10:34

Kiitos paljon Dracaena! :thumbsup:
THE ICEMAN BRASIL - KIMI RAIKKONEN http://www.kimiraikkonenbrasil.com/
MY TWITTER http://twitter.com/Arli_Racegirl

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie