Rally Bulgaria 2010

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by Acropolis » 04 Jul 2010, 20:33

Wolfie, you must have a lot of courage to fight them, I have seen how they attack you, not being afraid of the wolf.....

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 04 Jul 2010, 20:56

Acropolis wrote:Wolfie, you must have a lot of courage to fight them, I have seen how they attack you, not being afraid of the wolf.....
If it's about defending Kimi then there's no stopping me, Acropolis :lol:
Off-Topic: show
Have you been to the Finnish forum? I got first beaten up there a couple of times, there weren't many girls writing there then and they thought that I'm some dimwit who knows nothing about F1. And of course I was under 15 according to them :lol: Then a girl Saara got encouraged to write there too, she had also been beaten there and we came up with a topic for girls and when the men came there it was easy to order them to the corner since it was our territory. Nowadays we get flowers and chocolate from them as well as pictures of men :n But argh!!! they really got to me a few times, Mikael and Moominpappa were always on my side though :shhh: And there's less resistance today...or maybe I just write there so rarely...
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 04 Jul 2010, 21:00

Wolfie wrote:
Acropolis wrote:Wolfie, you must have a lot of courage to fight them, I have seen how they attack you, not being afraid of the wolf.....
If it's about defending Kimi then there's no stopping me, Acropolis :lol:
Have you been to the Finnish forum? I got first beaten up there a couple of times, there weren't many girls writing there then and they thought that I'm some dimwit who knows nothing about F1. And of course I was under 15 according to them :lol: Then a girl Saara got encouraged to write there too, she had also been beaten there and we came up with a topic for girls and when the men came there it was easy to order them to the corner since it was our territory. Nowadays we get flowers and chocolate from them as well as pictures of men :n But argh!!! they really got to me a few times, Mikael and Moominpappa were always on my side though :shhh: And there's less resistance today...or maybe I just write there so rarely...
no,not the finnish forum, I suppose it is in finnish, in the other old fora....

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 05 Jul 2010, 10:28

KIMI TO WRESTLE WITH THE BEST IN BULGARIA

Written by Scott CourseyLatest News, WRCJul 5, 2010

Kimi Raikkonen Red Bull Rally Bulgaria preview

In Finland, the national sport is rallying. In Bulgaria, the latest stop on the World Rally Championship tour, the national sport is...wrestling.
Two of Bulgaria's biggest sporting heroes were wrestlers: Dan Kolov and Nikola Petrov. Anybody deranged enough to make a joke about Nikola having a girl's name was unlikely to last long. In fact Petrov was never once defeated in his 25-year wrestling career, having been also crowned Champion of America in 1898.

As for Kolov, he first became famous for his ability to bend sections of railway line around his own neck. So another man who inspired extreme politeness in everybody he met.

Kimi Raikkonen's only fight is going to be with the Bulgarian rally stages, which are brand new to everybody and consist entirely of asphalt. Having won 18 Grands Prix, claimed 62 podiums and scored 579 Formula One points, Kimi does already know a thing or two about driving quickly on sealed surfaces. But it's fair to say that the asphalt stages of Bulgaria will carry about as much resemblance to a racing circuit as Nikola Petrov did to Nicole Kidman.

"It's so different: it's a bit like saying that if you can drive on the normal road OK, then you can drive in Formula One," is how Kimi puts it, briefly giving us all hope that we could in fact become Formula One drivers. But then he explains further: "Rallying and racing is so far apart that the biggest difference is not just the surface. Instead it's the style of driving and the way that you work with the car. There is one thing in common, which is that you use a steering wheel for both. I can't think of many other things to be honest. But I'm looking forward to the weekend. Asphalt should be a bit more normal for me."

Or maybe that should be 'less abnormal' - because Bulgaria will still only be Kimi's sixth World Rally Championship event in his Citroen C4 WRC and his very first on asphalt. Testing and a practice rally in Italy (which Kimi led) have gone very well. Now it's time for a giant leap into the unknown and some stiff competition on super-fast roads.

As always, experienced co-driver Kaj Lindstrom has some words of wisdom for his chauffeur. "We're starting again from scratch here and while testing has gone really well, you never know where you are until you get to the rally," points out Kaj. "I actually did an asphalt rally last year with Kimi in a Super 2000 car, and it was clear straight away that he's got a great feeling with this surface. But I don't think Bulgaria will be a typical asphalt rally. We're going to need to do a good job making pace notes in the recce, and that is what we are concentrating on for now."
Dan Kolov used to say: "I feel strong, because I'm a Bulgarian." Kimi doesn't need a reason to feel strong though. He just does.
http://www.rallybuzz.com/redbull-rallyb ... preview-4/
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 05 Jul 2010, 10:46

05 July 2010 à 11:37
WRC - Raikkonen cautiously optimistic heading to Bulgaria
Kimi Raikkonen is tenth in the championship standings as he prepares for his first asphalt WRC event this weekend in Bulgaria.

The Citroen Junior driver got some asphalt running complete last month when he took part in Rally della Lanterna and he is now looking forward to this weekend’s challenge in Bulgaria.

How did you get on with the Citroen C4 WRC on asphalt so far?

“I was keen to drive on asphalt since the very start of the season. From the very first few kilometres in testing, I had a really good feeling with the car. That feeling was confirmed when we took part in a rally in Italy, which I enjoyed hugely. Even if we missed out on victory on the final special stage, we can only be pleased with our performance. The whole team helped us a lot on our asphalt debut. The experience that we’ve built up since the start of the season is beginning to pay off.”

Is being on asphalt an advantage for you?

“Even though I’ve spent several seasons in Formula One, the asphalt you find on circuits is not at all comparable to what we will encounter in rallying. Formula One and rally are two completely different disciplines. In the WRC, we will be competing on a number of different asphalt rallies with very diverse characteristics.

“You can’t compare the Rally Bulgaria with the Catalunya Rally, or with the roads in Germany or France. In just one stage you can go from wide and flowing roads to narrow or bumpy sections. The grip levels change from one corner to another too. It’s also vital to have a good feeling with your co-driver and the pace notes, as well as being able to make the most of a well-balanced car.”

What do you expect from the Rally Bulgaria?

“It’s certainly going to be a very different type of playing field, and that is one of the things I like most about rallying. The flip side of this is that rallying is a very hard sport for anybody new to it. This first asphalt rally of the season will be a very important part of my learning process in the WRC.

“I’ve realised that it vital to pick things up as you go along and not try to run before you can walk. My objective is to get to the finish and completely understand my Citroen C4 WRC. We’ll see where we are at the end of the first day and then try to close the gap to our rivals.”

http://rally.madeinmotorsport.com/en/he ... -7719.html

kracer
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by kracer » 05 Jul 2010, 11:13

Thanks so much for all the info and articles everyone! :hug:

All this waiting time between rallies is driving me up the wall! :blink:

I can't wait for this weekend! !yahoo: !yahoo:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 05 Jul 2010, 16:17

kracer wrote:Thanks so much for all the info and articles everyone! :hug:

All this waiting time between rallies is driving me up the wall! :blink:

I can't wait for this weekend! !yahoo: !yahoo:
did you follow Wimbledon :O

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 05 Jul 2010, 16:31

Sébastien Loeb and Dani Sordo at the Citroen Total Roadshow in Sofia

Speaking ahead of this weekend's Rally Bulgaria, Loeb said: "We’re going to discover a new route which will certainly have its own specific character. We’ll have to cope with the weather as stages at 2000 metres above sea level can be upset by storms, and also there’s the choice between the Pirelli P-Zero softs and hards. As always when I start a rally my aim is victory. Even if it’s sometimes necessary, I don’t like pussy footing just to ensure a place finish if I know that I can win.”

Video clip of Sébastien Loeb and Dani Sordo performing demonstration runs at the Citroen Total Roadshow in Sofia, Bulgaria.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_glwPxDO ... r_embedded
http://www.rallybuzz.com/citroen-road-show-bulgaria/

valuk
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by valuk » 05 Jul 2010, 16:39

Kriss wrote:
Sébastien Loeb and Dani Sordo at the Citroen Total Roadshow in Sofia

Speaking ahead of this weekend's Rally Bulgaria, Loeb said: "We’re going to discover a new route which will certainly have its own specific character. We’ll have to cope with the weather as stages at 2000 metres above sea level can be upset by storms, and also there’s the choice between the Pirelli P-Zero softs and hards. As always when I start a rally my aim is victory. Even if it’s sometimes necessary, I don’t like pussy footing just to ensure a place finish if I know that I can win.”

Video clip of Sébastien Loeb and Dani Sordo performing demonstration runs at the Citroen Total Roadshow in Sofia, Bulgaria.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_glwPxDO ... r_embedded
http://www.rallybuzz.com/citroen-road-show-bulgaria/
Really nice video! Thanks! :shhh:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 05 Jul 2010, 19:04

Raikkonen to start 'new chapter' in Bulgaria

F1 2007 world champion Kimi Raikkonen gears up for his debut on asphalt ahead of this weekend's inaugural WRC Rally Bulgaria.

Former Ferrari and McLaren F1 man Kimi Raikkonen will take in his first WRC event on asphalt this weekend and the Finn is looking forward to once again competing on tarmac.

Raikkonen, who only started rallying last year and who took his third points finish in succession in Portugal back in May, prior to the WRC's summer break, entered the Rally della Lanterna recently in preparation for this event.

He finished second there to his Citroen Junior team-mate, Sebastien Ogier and while he has also been testing on the 'black stuff' with his Citroen C4 WRC, his main aim is once again to get to the finish.

"Now we start a new chapter. After snow and gravel, here we are on asphalt. It's something that I'm really looking forward to. I had a really good feeling during the tests and I hope to be able to show that on the roads in Bulgaria," Raikkonen said.

"It's certainly going to be a very different type of playing field, and that is one of the things I like most about rallying. The flip side of this is that rallying is a very hard sport for anybody new to it. This first asphalt rally of the season will be a very important part of my learning process in the WRC. I've realised that it vital to pick things up as you go along and not try to run before you can walk. My objective is to get to the finish and completely understand my Citroen C4 WRC. We'll see where we are at the end of the first day and then try to close the gap to our rivals."

Having won the F1 title in 2007, as well as having won 18 F1 races and having claimed 62 F1 podiums, Raikkonen already knows a thing or two about driving quickly on sealed surfaces. However, that won't help him much in Bulgaria, as he is all too aware.

"It's so different: it's a bit like saying that if you can drive on the normal road okay, then you can drive in F1!" Raikkonen explained. "Rallying and racing is so far apart that the biggest difference is not just the surface. Instead it's the style of driving and the way that you work with the car. There is one thing in common, which is that you use a steering wheel for both. I can't think of many other things to be honest. But I am looking forward to the weekend and asphalt should be a bit more normal for me."

Or maybe that should be 'less abnormal' - because Bulgaria will still only be Raikkonen's sixth WRC event in his Citroen C4 WRC and his very first on asphalt. Testing and a practice rally in Italy (which Raikkonen led) have gone very well. Now it's time for a giant leap into the unknown and some stiff competition on super-fast roads.

As always, experienced co-driver Kaj Lindstrom has some words of wisdom for his chauffeur: "We're starting again from scratch here and while testing has gone really well, you never know where you are until you get to the rally," Lindstrom warned.

"I actually did an asphalt rally last year with Kimi in a Super 2000 car, and it was clear straight away that he's got a great feeling with this surface. But I don't think Bulgaria will be a typical asphalt rally. We're going to need to do a good job making pace notes in the recce, and that is what we are concentrating on for now."
http://www.crash.net/world+rally/news/1 ... garia.html
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 05 Jul 2010, 19:36

A Tweet by SPORT_TV :

Às 20:40 veja o Shake Down do Rali da Bulgária do WRC, na SPORT.TV2.
Need Translation help..I guess we can see the Shakedown live. The website of this Tweeter is
http://www.sporttv.pt/
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 05 Jul 2010, 21:06

luieluv wrote:
A Tweet by SPORT_TV :

Às 20:40 veja o Shake Down do Rali da Bulgária do WRC, na SPORT.TV2.
Need Translation help..I guess we can see the Shakedown live. The website of this Tweeter is
http://www.sporttv.pt/
I think it's a show about a preview of Rally Bulgaria, and not exactly the Shakedown, because it will be displayed today.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 05 Jul 2010, 21:56

Thank you all :drool: :drool: :drool:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 06 Jul 2010, 08:18

There's a webcam at the airport hosting the service park
http://www.airportdb99.com/livecam1_en.htm
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 06 Jul 2010, 08:56

Weather update from Becs Williams:
Weather is warm with threatening rain, some cloud.
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan