The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Off-topic thread for rally fans

Post by Wolfie » 05 Jul 2010, 08:42

This is my all time favourite, Antti is amazing!!!!

I must have seen this over 100 times and never with dry eyes :blush:

F1 Action Drama:

To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 05 Jul 2010, 08:48

Valuk, will reply later, have to finish my work first :O
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 05 Jul 2010, 08:56

@ Valuk
My friend, definitely women in Afganistan can in no way be compared with women in the west.....
But still, in the west, or quasi west, some women work full time in hard jobs, to come home and keep on working at the full time job a woman has at home, while a partner may not contribute equally...these women actually have two jobs, while their partners one.
I fully agree that it is all about respect, it should be there, it is not always....And yes, stay at home mums are doing a great job and they should never be looked down, but many times they are, even by their partners....

I don't think the hippie movement was all about being lazy and taking drugs......

valuk
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by valuk » 05 Jul 2010, 08:59

About Annti: The F~0~M should give him a call, but not to stop him but to let him work for them. He (she?) makes great videos and they (F~0~M) should use his videos to promote F1.
Off-Topic: show
Why can´t I write F~0~M together and get this "thingies" between the letters :huh:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

valuk
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by valuk » 05 Jul 2010, 09:20

@Acropolis

But why do you work less years than men? Men also spent more time (per day) at the workplace than women. So it is not just one way street. Why men work more (at work)? One of the reasons is also that women like wealthy man. Maybe this doesn´t sound nice but it is true. It is in our genes, women like men who would be able to take care of them (and children), emotionally AND financially. We men are more occupied with women´s "attributes" to think about her financial status.
About stay at home moms: I agree that often they don´t get the support from their partners, but have you also noticed how "working" women look at them, like they are not capable of doing nothing else than cleaning house. I think that a lot of women because of that kind of lack of support (from their partners and society as a whole) goes to work every day, even though they would rather stay at home and raise their kids. So, is this freedom?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 05 Jul 2010, 09:37

valuk wrote:@Acropolis

But why do you work less years than men? Men also spent more time (per day) at the workplace than women. So it is not just one way street. Why men work more (at work)? One of the reasons is also that women like wealthy man. Maybe this doesn´t sound nice but it is true. It is in our genes, women like men who would be able to take care of them (and children), emotionally AND financially. We men are more occupied with women´s "attributes" to think about her financial status.
About stay at home moms: I agree that often they don´t get the support from their partners, but have you also noticed how "working" women look at them, like they are not capable of doing nothing else than cleaning house. I think that a lot of women because of that kind of lack of support (from their partners and society as a whole) goes to work every day, even though they would rather stay at home and raise their kids. So, is this freedom?
You just went from saying that western women are free and shouldn't complain to saying that because of the lack of support from their partners and society they're actually not free ''hmm''. And remember to add the time spent at home on maternity leave or otherwise with the kids into the "years less worked" statistic.

I for one am not complainig, I can't remember being denied anything or being pressured into something I don't want because I'm a woman (but this is in Finland of course). And it's not like men don't have any problems arising simply from the fact that they are men.

valuk
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by valuk » 05 Jul 2010, 10:44

Dracaena wrote: You just went from saying that western women are free and shouldn't complain to saying that because of the lack of support from their partners and society they're actually not free ''hmm''. And remember to add the time spent at home on maternity leave or otherwise with the kids into the "years less worked" statistic.

I for one am not complainig, I can't remember being denied anything or being pressured into something I don't want because I'm a woman (but this is in Finland of course). And it's not like men don't have any problems arising simply from the fact that they are men.
I mean women who don´t have kids. Why would they work less years than men. So you can have a situation when you have a woman without kids, working less years than a man who has kids. (or worse, this man is a single parent and yet he has to work more years.) And again, women live longer, so by logic they should work longer.
Dracaena wrote:
You just went from saying that western women are free and shouldn't complain to saying that because of the lack of support from their partners and society they're actually not free ''hmm''
Is that how it came across? Well maybe, but it is not us men, who are at fault, for you not feeling free.

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 05 Jul 2010, 10:49

it's a dangerous ground here, :80: like minefields. Better just to stay away from this male-female battle :zz: :lol:
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 05 Jul 2010, 10:56

Denorth wrote:it's a dangerous ground here, :80: like minefields. Better just to stay away from this male-female battle :zz: :lol:
+ 1

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 05 Jul 2010, 11:02

momo wrote:
Denorth wrote:it's a dangerous ground here, :80: like minefields. Better just to stay away from this male-female battle :zz: :lol:
+ 1
Momo, I have here 5 adorable kittens..even men of the family just have to stop their working for a moment just to see how the kittens play.. :p

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 05 Jul 2010, 11:04

valuk wrote:
Dracaena wrote:And remember to add the time spent at home on maternity leave or otherwise with the kids into the "years less worked" statistic.
I mean women who don´t have kids. Why would they work less years than men. So you can have a situation when you have a woman without kids, working less years than a man who has kids. (or worse, this man is a single parent and yet he has to work more years.) And again, women live longer, so by logic they should work longer.
I can't comment on this since I'm not familiar with this statistic of childless women working less years than men. And what was the point you were trying to make? That they work less because they're lazy :huh:?
valuk wrote:
Dracaena wrote: You just went from saying that western women are free and shouldn't complain to saying that because of the lack of support from their partners and society they're actually not free ''hmm''.
Is that how it came across? Well maybe, but it is not us men, who are at fault, for you not feeling free.
I didn't say I wasn't feeling free :). I agree 100% with you that women do not support other women, the stay-at-home mon versus working mom war is sooo frustrating.

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 05 Jul 2010, 11:07

apple wrote:I have here 5 adorable kittens..even men of the family just have to stop their working for a moment just to see how the kittens play.. :p
Awww, I'm so jealous you have no idea. But where can I go to watch kittens play ::oops:;?

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 05 Jul 2010, 11:19

Dracaena wrote:
apple wrote:I have here 5 adorable kittens..even men of the family just have to stop their working for a moment just to see how the kittens play.. :p
Awww, I'm so jealous you have no idea. But where can I go to watch kittens play ::oops:;?
Where do you live? Just get yourself into the car and drive here.. :n

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 05 Jul 2010, 11:29

apple wrote:
Dracaena wrote:
Where do you live? Just get yourself into the car and drive here.. :n
I live on the west coast. I've just assumed that you live somewhere near Helsinki (more precisely: near Wolfie :O).

I've actually thought of asking the local animal shelter if I could go there and pet every cat they have :). But I don't think they would be too exited, they're not a petting zoo after all. And the problem with an actual petting zoo is that the cats there run around free (and away from me) :lol:.

Linda-Anne
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Linda-Anne » 05 Jul 2010, 11:33

Acropolis wrote:Wolfie, by no means did you offend anyone....
These ads are funny today because they hint so much about the position of the woman at those times...
Only I have a soft spot for women who work hard and are taken for granted...it id just that I met many at difficult jobs, and knew what was waiting for them at home...sorry, my anger is not for you...but for the system...
Thats a really sensitive posting Aropolis :hatoff:
Although I agree that if a woman wants a good education to get a great job she should be allowed to. I do think the world is going mad. In England women are expected to go out to work to bring much needed money into the home. These women are expected by the majority of the men to be perfect house wifes and mothers too, without much help from the men, who then moan that the "wife" is always too tired for "bedroom activities" or has stopped taking care of herself. Well the poor woman has no time for herself. And maybe she has looked at her laszy husband who wants it all and decided she doesnt like him too much anymore.!
What happens to the children in all this? They are packed off to nursery school some only tiny little babies, seeing the parents at weekends normally when mum is desperately trying to catch up with the housework. Families are not really functioning as families, hardly ever eating a meal toghether and discussing what is happening in their lives. No wonder we have so many social problems here. It is really sad. This is the change as women fought for and campaigned hard for but really I dont see how the average womans life has changed too much for the better. it seems the more roles a women takes on the more the man lets her do it. In a lot of cases "New Man" doesnt come across as a real man at all. The balance has gone. Wolfies Pyrex advert has now translated as a husband telling the wife she should be pleased with the new vacume cleaner he as bought her for Christmas as it will make her cleaning the house so much easier. Blooming cheek! I know where I would like to stick it!

Sorry for my rant I have just had a rotten weekend and guess who is to blame....................A Man :lol: