The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Off-topic thread for rally fans

Post by Acropolis » 04 Jul 2010, 20:09

THE HARDER A WIFE WORKS, THE CUTER SHE GETS.....Oh, God....Now Wolfie why do you "wind" me....
I've seen women working like dogs and then coming home to continue with cleaning, cooking, run around with the kids....how cute can they be after all this...I've seen women workers in the factories and really felt ashamed for my suit and the air-conditioned office. It is a hard life for working women, especially mothers and in countries where provisions for day-care don't exist...also in countries where men think they are of a higher species...and don't participate in the housework....it's hard, sorry guys....

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 04 Jul 2010, 20:10

i want PEP :lol:
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 04 Jul 2010, 20:12

Of course these are ads of the sixties, but situations similar to these exist in many places....

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 04 Jul 2010, 20:21

Didn't you at least laugh at the christmas-present suggestion, pyrex ware for only 4.99 :lol:

But those are from a time when women were at home only nowadays both work and it's yet not clear to some men that they are equal now and need to share the work.

One story that I always remember from highschool; the teacher showed a picture from the old days where a native Indian couple were travelling - the man sat on the horse and the woman walked carrying all the stuff.

Of course the whole class was appaulled but then the teacher said that think about how things are today.... There's usually only one car and both parents are working. Yet the man drives the car to work while the woman takes the bus with the children to daycare and continues to work from there. After work she has to go to the supermarket and buy food, go and get the children from daycare and start making dinner. The man arrives in his car after his working day is over and of course the woman has to do all the cleaning work too.

It became quiet in the class, almost everyone lived in a family that the teacher described....

Still these are funny, these ads, unbelieavable!!
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 04 Jul 2010, 20:30

Yes, they are funny, but make me mad because like the story with the native indians, it was very usual and normal in the villages of my country untill some time ago...that's why I get mad, and all the rest of the story still is true in some families... of course we also have the opposite, men working like dogs and women having fun...but it's not the rule...anyway, women have a much more demanding life....

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 04 Jul 2010, 20:31

well all the food is cooked and the house is cleaned, the and the animals fed,lets not forget the beer is cold. now wait for the guests to come, and then watch them blow up the hood..what a holiday....food , alcohol and explosives......(i dread this day, my poor dogs go nuts because of the fireworks)
happy 4th of July...
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 04 Jul 2010, 20:35

Oh, yes, it's 4th of July, happy independence day.....

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 04 Jul 2010, 20:38

Completely off subject guys, but seeing as how this weekend s the Goodwood Festival of Speed.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjRAk8YXSHo

kids got b***! Must have been really special. Wish him the best with his career. Hard to live up to the name....
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 04 Jul 2010, 20:41

Sorry Acropolis, didn't mean to offend anyone :(

There's a lot of unjustice in the world and things are changing, little by little. At least in Finland. It isn't that long time ago when women still were at home so the changes come little by little.

Did anyone of you ever think about the energy that swept over the world in the 60's? The hippie-movement?

That changed many people and started somekind of a revolution, women were liberated and objected to the patriarchy and hopefully we will someday find the balance between matriarchy and patriarchy.

Just remember that a long long long time ago women ruled and men were their slaves - now the patriarchy is slowly dying and hopefully we will experience equality someday :)

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 04 Jul 2010, 20:46

Acropolis wrote:Oh, yes, it's 4th of July, happy independence day.....
Likewise, happy 4th July !yahoo:

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 04 Jul 2010, 20:48

Wolfie, by no means did you offend anyone....
These ads are funny today because they hint so much about the position of the woman at those times...
Only I have a soft spot for women who work hard and are taken for granted...it id just that I met many at difficult jobs, and knew what was waiting for them at home...sorry, my anger is not for you...but for the system...

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 04 Jul 2010, 20:54

About the hippie movement....I must confess that a part of me, deep down in my heart, is a hippie....

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 04 Jul 2010, 21:00

Acropolis wrote:About the hippie movement....I must confess that a part of me, deep down in my heart, is a hippie....
Me too, wish I had been old enough to live through those days - but I was quite swept away by the punk rock -movement...

Anarchy!!!!

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 04 Jul 2010, 21:02

Wolfie wrote:
Acropolis wrote:About the hippie movement....I must confess that a part of me, deep down in my heart, is a hippie....
Me too, wish I had been old enough to live through those days - but I was quite swept away by the punk rock -movement...

Anarchy!!!!
I'm older than you, but we must meet.... :lol: :lol:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 04 Jul 2010, 21:05

Acropolis wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

Anarchy!!!!
I'm older than you, but we must meet.... :lol: :lol:
It's a date :lol: