Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by apple » 02 Jul 2010, 09:37

Yup,it was a sing of pixxed driver BUT ( hope this is big enough but) Webber shines to me as a driver that has those overreaction moments and it will be interesting to see if he has them in upcoming races. Subconsious is a peculiar thing. :blink:

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 02 Jul 2010, 13:45

So people are going to start to link Kimi to red bull :p

common Kimi, make ur announcement soon :pray:
Webber admits F1 'hunger' might not last

Mark Webber has admitted he might not be "hungry enough" to extend his career beyond 2011.

The Australian has signed on with Red Bull for another season, with some suggesting the short contract extension is a sign of slight tension between him and the Austrian-owned team.

But Webber, 33, insists he only wanted to commit for one more year.

"I am taking each year as it comes now," he is quoted by Auto Bild Motorsport.

"In two years, perhaps I will not be hungry enough anymore," said Webber. "But that doesn't mean I'll end my career in 2011.

"If you had asked me in 2005 if I would still be in Formula One in 2011, I would have said 'no way!'

"People think I'm under pressure because I have to fight each year for a contract, but that's not right."

Webber admitted a future move from Red Bull to another team is "rather unlikely".

He also confessed he is not sure why he is so competitive at the wheel of the RB6, having won two races and is still within sight of the championship lead despite his frightening Valencia crash.

"Why? No idea," said Webber, when asked about his consistency and speed in 2010.

"One thing; in 2009 I was not a big fan of qualifying with full tanks, while this year I'm back in my element with the light cars in Q3," added Webber, who on early Friday morning stunned onlookers by completing a F1 pitstop in front of London's Houses of Parliament.
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 02 Jul 2010, 16:29

I think what leo Turini meant about an extended contract between kimi and RB was that RB would continue to sponsor kimi in WRC and not back in F1... cos all of them sound like kimi is not interested to go back to F1 bla bla bla ::oops:;
Off-Topic: show
Brazil is out! I can't believe it! - the referee was blind to many attacks on Kaka etc and as soon as a brailian so much as touches a dutch player, he gets a penalty for it - if anything, I think football needs a massive review about their policy on reviewing the fouls live!!! I wonder if this referee will be investigated for graft like some of the other refs. This insanity has to stop!!
The JINX

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 03 Jul 2010, 10:10

this will spice up things a little bit

Haugh informally visited kimi is swiss
http://www.tomorrownewsf1.com/f1-raikko ... oite-14470

Google translate
Mercedes sports boss Norbert Haug has visited, Switzerland, informally (using the official version), Kimi Raikkonen. The 2007 world champion became a coveted man in 2011.
Linked to Red Bull, but also to Mercedes during the winter, the Finn is trying to convince that he is happy in the WRC. Far from his exploits on the F1 circuit. However both teams trying to revive the flame of the 2007 world champion.
Renault initially, which with the support of Mastercard wishes align a line-up worthy of a top team. But as Mercedes GP, which seeks to obscure the identity of its next line-up 2011. The meeting Haug - Raikkonen makes sense and is an attempt to survey, more than a firm commitment to the German mark to obtain the services of Finland. Unlike the French team which, by the voice of its owner Gerard Lopez, Raikkonen made his war-horse for the future. A demonstration that Kubica might like ...
A few days ago, Pirelli has also put in his list of options the Finnish world champion to test future gums 2011 at the wheel of a GP2 or Formula 1 old.
It seems that its agents have greatly reduced the fare for a return of their foal. In the space of one year, Raikkonen's salary rose from 45 million euros, 25 million euros, and now around 16 million euros.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 03 Jul 2010, 10:46

Whoa :S

What is going on? Haug visiting Kimi?
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 03 Jul 2010, 10:51

Wolfie wrote:Whoa :S

Goodmorning!!!!
This is what I want as a Kimi faN: EVERYONE TO WANT HIM!!!!!Then he can decide where he wants to go....

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 03 Jul 2010, 10:55

Acropolis wrote:
Wolfie wrote:Whoa :S

Goodmorning!!!!
This is what I want as a Kimi faN: EVERYONE TO WANT HIM!!!!!Then he can decide where he wants to go....
Morning Acropolis :wave:

Soon we will have the same headlines again:

Haug: Kimi, call me anytime
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 03 Jul 2010, 10:58

Yes, everyone: KIMI PLEEEEEEASE CALL ME!!!!!!!!

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 03 Jul 2010, 11:31

Vida wrote:this will spice up things a little bit

Haugh informally visited kimi is swiss
http://www.tomorrownewsf1.com/f1-raikko ... oite-14470

Google translate
Mercedes sports boss Norbert Haug has visited, Switzerland, informally (using the official version), Kimi Raikkonen. The 2007 world champion became a coveted man in 2011.
Linked to Red Bull, but also to Mercedes during the winter, the Finn is trying to convince that he is happy in the WRC. Far from his exploits on the F1 circuit. However both teams trying to revive the flame of the 2007 world champion.
Renault initially, which with the support of Mastercard wishes align a line-up worthy of a top team. But as Mercedes GP, which seeks to obscure the identity of its next line-up 2011. The meeting Haug - Raikkonen makes sense and is an attempt to survey, more than a firm commitment to the German mark to obtain the services of Finland. Unlike the French team which, by the voice of its owner Gerard Lopez, Raikkonen made his war-horse for the future. A demonstration that Kubica might like ...
A few days ago, Pirelli has also put in his list of options the Finnish world champion to test future gums 2011 at the wheel of a GP2 or Formula 1 old.
It seems that its agents have greatly reduced the fare for a return of their foal. In the space of one year, Raikkonen's salary rose from 45 million euros, 25 million euros, and now around 16 million euros.
Thanks vida!! :cool:

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 03 Jul 2010, 13:31

Very confusing..Was Haug there as Kimis friend or trying to convince him to come back or then he might have been giving an insiders knoledge to Kimi..or who knows this is related to Pirelli wanting Kimi to test the tyres.

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 03 Jul 2010, 13:40

apple wrote:Very confusing..Was Haug there as Kimis friend or trying to convince him to come back or then he might have been giving an insiders knoledge to Kimi..or who knows this is related to Pirelli wanting Kimi to test the tyres.
I'm sure Haug wanted something and not just ran out of coffee :huh:
If this was only a friendly visit why was it in the media :huh:

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 03 Jul 2010, 13:44

Because it was Haug.

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 03 Jul 2010, 13:50

apple wrote:Because it was Haug.
Yeah, I think so too!

I just hope, that he won't go back. He doesn't F1 to be happy, but they need him, cuz they noticed, that they lost a lot of fans cuz of Kimi's departure. So they wouldn't need him so much, cuz he's a great driver, it's more the fact, that they miss a "PR-machine", who brings fans back.... :<>:

So, Kimi, please stay in WRC, they really appreciate YOU and not only your popularity to bring a racing series forward.... :O

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 03 Jul 2010, 15:20

Kriss wrote:
apple wrote:Very confusing..Was Haug there as Kimis friend or trying to convince him to come back or then he might have been giving an insiders knoledge to Kimi..or who knows this is related to Pirelli wanting Kimi to test the tyres.
I'm sure Haug wanted something and not just ran out of coffee :huh:
If this was only a friendly visit why was it in the media :huh:
yup i'm sure haug want something... i'm sure there is something behind his visit..

realms
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by realms » 03 Jul 2010, 16:09

but did haug really visit him ... how reliable is the site.