Rally Bulgaria 2010

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by Vida » 01 Jul 2010, 14:06

Wolfie wrote:Sainz believes: Kimi is tough in tarmac rally
thanks nicole :hug:

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 01 Jul 2010, 14:09

Maria d wrote:did i miss something, i read on another place that kimi hurt his shoulder and wrist, he said he hurt it from testing, anyone know about this. it was just what someone posted and there was no site posted for the info.
i hope that is not true..

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 01 Jul 2010, 15:08

WRC Rally Bulgaria 2010 - Enry List:

49 crews: 12 WRC, 10 Juniors, 5 S2000, 5 Evo 9
EDIT:
New link:
http://www.ewrc.cz/ewrc/show.php?id=144 ... skou-rally

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 02 Jul 2010, 08:09

Sebastien Loeb will start before anyone else!

01 July 2010
Six times world rally champion Sebastien Loeb is starting his attack for the Bulgarian spectators’ kudos some few days before the official start of Rally Bulgaria on July the 9th. Loeb, along his navigator Daniel Elena, and the other Citroen Total team in this rally – Dani Sordo/Mark Marti – are coming to the city of Sofia to its Battenberg Square on Saturday to gather hundreds of rally fans. Avtomotor Corporation and Citroen Total will organize on the 4th of July at 4 p.m. some demonstrations to (almost…) all that makes rally sports so unique – master controlling, overcoming obstacles, jumps. Just to experience rally to the fullest some of those in present will be invited to be… navigators to the great champions Loeb and Sord! Practically, the big auto event will start a day earlier: there will be a competition with remote control cars, replicas of CITROEN C4 WRC, on July the 3rd at Battenberg Square once again under the Citroen flags. Naturally, the two Loeb’s pre-championship days in Sofia won’t pass without any Bulgarian participation. There, at Battenberg Sq., will be Ekaterina Stratieva too along her little Citroen. Katya, as she is called diminutively in Bulgarian, is one of the fine roses among the – at first sight – entirely male dominated rally championships
http://www.rallybulgaria.com/cgi-bin/e- ... 47&n=17&g=

http://www.rallybulgaria.com/cgi-bin/e- ... 27&n=12&g=
Unique start of the 41st WRC Rally Bulgaria

01 July 2010
If you’re one of those champing of the bit and decide to go to the Rally zone up between Samokov-Borovets and Dolna banya, there is something you can see even now, just days before the competition itself.
There are some signs that in just a few days the mountain resort of Borovets will be as crowded as if it is during hot ski season or more like it there has just been started… a rally championship.
The common Rally Bulgaria head quarter’s Rila Hotel has entered its usual round-the-clock rhythm. There, they are waiting for the representative of the fourth column – the journalists.
Before all the final lists to be specified it was clear that just above 30 Bulgarian brother-in-letters managed to survive by the FIA requirements and criteria; the same number applies to those from abroad and to those from the electronic media – radio, TV and sports sites.
Of course, the largest number of them all is the one of the so called journalists with permanent accreditation – those who would follow every round’s start of WRC. Their tabards will be easily noticeable. Firstly, because this is one of FIA requirements and secondly, because of their large number. The recapitulation at any rate will show some 150 accreditated for Rally Bulgaria journalists. This ultimately proves the interest to the championship and to the fact that Bulgaria for the first time hosts a WRC round.

Back to Samokov…
Passing by Iskar Stadium you would decide by the bustle in and out of it the new football season has just begun.
Not at all! Last preparations of the ceremonial rally start are in full swing – the solemn ceremony.
For the first time ever Rally Bulgaria will start from the runaway of a football stadium. This is just because the spectators and the racers and their cars are in need of some more space.
These over 5000 spectators we are expecting to arrive from Sofia, Samokov and the vicinity on Thursday July 1st at 6:30 p.m. will have the rare chance to brush against all the world rally sports aces, heading by Sebastien Loeb, six-times world champion and a great contender to be a seventh one. There will be right beside him his main rival Niko Hirvonen and the big Formula 1 star, now in the rally race – Kimi Raikkonen.
Spectators will cheer up 49 teams while some of them would ask for an autograph or a picture with their favourite drivers.
We use for the start of Rally Bulgaria the phrase ‘solemn ceremony’ for a particular reason: it is a ceremony since every car will ritually move to a special platform and will race to the itinerary; ‘solemn’, because those thousands of spectators will rejoice to the tunes of the brass orchestra, the singers and the dancers.
Come to Iskar Stadium in Samokov on Thursday at 6:30 p.m. to make sure the automotive capital of Bulgaria at least for a couple of days will be right there!

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 02 Jul 2010, 09:11

Kriss wrote:
Sebastien Loeb will start before anyone else!
http://www.rallybulgaria.com/cgi-bin/e- ... 47&n=17&g=
http://www.rallybulgaria.com/cgi-bin/e- ... 27&n=12&g=
Unique start of the 41st WRC Rally Bulgaria

Thanks a lot, Kriss!!
:cool: :)

Arli Racegirl
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Arli Racegirl » 02 Jul 2010, 12:20

Countdown to Rally Bulgaria

Rally Bulgaria
WRC round 7 of 13
Friday 9 July - Sunday 11 July

http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=10 ... y+Bulgaria

Who’s going to win?

As with any new rally, there’s no form book to count on. But Citroen’s Sebastien Loeb has to start as favourite. The French team has been out testing in Bulgaria ahead of the seventh round of this year’s series and, not having been beaten on world championship black top since 2004, Loeb’s going to take some getting past.

And if Ford manages to edge the Loeb C4, there’s still the sister car of Dani Sordo standing in its way. Sordo’s form on asphalt is exceptional. Whenever the Spaniard has brought a World Rally Car to the finish of an asphalt round of the series, it’s been on the podium. And, as if Citroen’s not strong enough, there’s the small matter of former Formula 1 world champion Kimi Raikkonen (Citroen Junior Team) to consider - and the Finn certainly knows a thing or two about getting the best out of four wheels on a sealed surface.

Ford’s attack will be led, once again, by Mikko Hirvonen, with his fellow Finn Jari-Matti Latvala backing him up in the second Focus. Stobart driver Matthew Wilson is joined in the Cumbrian team by double Junior champion P-G Andersson, who could spring a surprise or two in his WRC debut in a Ford.

THE ICEMAN BRASIL - KIMI RAIKKONEN http://www.kimiraikkonenbrasil.com/
MY TWITTER http://twitter.com/Arli_Racegirl

valuk
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by valuk » 02 Jul 2010, 12:42

Arli Racegirl wrote:Countdown to Rally Bulgaria

Rally Bulgaria
WRC round 7 of 13
Friday 9 July - Sunday 11 July

http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=10 ... y+Bulgaria

Who’s going to win?

As with any new rally, there’s no form book to count on. But Citroen’s Sebastien Loeb has to start as favourite. The French team has been out testing in Bulgaria ahead of the seventh round of this year’s series and, not having been beaten on world championship black top since 2004, Loeb’s going to take some getting past.

And if Ford manages to edge the Loeb C4, there’s still the sister car of Dani Sordo standing in its way. Sordo’s form on asphalt is exceptional. Whenever the Spaniard has brought a World Rally Car to the finish of an asphalt round of the series, it’s been on the podium. And, as if Citroen’s not strong enough, there’s the small matter of former Formula 1 world champion Kimi Raikkonen (Citroen Junior Team) to consider - and the Finn certainly knows a thing or two about getting the best out of four wheels on a sealed surface.

Ford’s attack will be led, once again, by Mikko Hirvonen, with his fellow Finn Jari-Matti Latvala backing him up in the second Focus. Stobart driver Matthew Wilson is joined in the Cumbrian team by double Junior champion P-G Andersson, who could spring a surprise or two in his WRC debut in a Ford.

They were? In Bulgaria? Just Loeb and Sordo?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 02 Jul 2010, 13:57

valuk wrote:

Kimi and Seb Ogier tested last week in South of France.

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 02 Jul 2010, 14:05

Kriss wrote:
valuk wrote:

do you know how that went? i hope he didnt hurt his wrist and shoulder. i could not find any more info on the web about it. i hope its not true.
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 02 Jul 2010, 14:42

Maria d wrote:
Kriss wrote:
valuk wrote:

do you know how that went? i hope he didnt hurt his wrist and shoulder. i could not find any more info on the web about it. i hope its not true.
Kimi was a little faster than Seb, but the conditions were different. Kimi was driving in dry weather. We didn't hear anything about hurting his shoulder or wrist. :huh:

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 02 Jul 2010, 15:02

Kriss wrote:
Maria d wrote:
Kriss wrote:
valuk wrote:

Kimi was a little faster than Seb, but the conditions were different. Kimi was driving in dry weather. We didn't hear anything about hurting his shoulder or wrist. :huh:
ok good, it was something i read on a chat site and was hoping it was not true.

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 02 Jul 2010, 17:03

WRC Rally Bulgaria 2010 Preview

While Rally Bulgaria is new to the FIA World Rally Championship calendar, the event has a long history dating back to 1970, when it was known as Rally Zlatni Piassatzi. Formerly based at the Black Sea, the event moved to the Rila Mountains in 2002 and has since had its home in the picturesque ski resort of Borovets.

The country’s history in the sport, however, dates further back. Le Marathon de la Route, a round of the FIA’s premier rally championship of the time, ran from Liège in Belgium to the Bulgarian capital Sofia and back from 1961 to 1964.

The Liège-Sofia-Liège - part of the series known as Le Marathon de la Route - was, along with the East African Safari, one of the toughest events of its era. In 1961 only eight of the 90 entries arrived at the finish. The cars left Liège, three at a time, from 22h00 on Wednesday, arriving in Sofia at 07h30 on Friday morning. After a brief four hour rest halt, crews headed north again with the first car arriving back in Belgium at 16h00 on the Sunday afternoon. The route took in many of the great Alpine and Dolomite passes and rough, dusty tracks in Yugoslavia and Bulgaria, and was flat out virtually all the way.

Rally Bulgaria - a round of the FIA European Rally Championship since 1972 - moves up into the FIA World Rally Championship this year and is the first of four Tarmac events in the second half of the season.

HANGES TO THE ROUTE SINCE 2009

The Rally Bulgaria route is a mix of old and new, with no fewer than three entirely new sections of road being used this year. The longest stage of the rally (SS1/SS3) is entirely new, while SS2/SS4 on Friday is a 50/50 blend of old and new roads. On Saturday, stages 5/8 and 6/9 are both new to the event and SS7/10 has been used previously. Sunday’s closing stages have also run in the past.

RALLY DATA

Total distance: 1,069.56 km
Stage distance: 354.10 km
Number of stages: 14

RALLY DE BULGARIA TIMETABLE AND MEDIA OPPORTUNITIES ORGANISED BY THE FIA

Thursday 08 July
Shakedown 08:00 - 14:00 hrs
FIA press conference, Press Room, Rila Hotel, Borovets 13:30 hrs
Ceremonial start 19:30 hrs

Friday 09 July
First car arrives for mid-day service and Media Zone 12:42 hrs
First car arrives for end of day service and Media Zone 17:14 hrs

Saturday 10 July
First car arrives for mid-day service and Media Zone 11:54 hrs
First car arrives for end of day service and Media Zone 17:33 hrs

Sunday 11 July
First car arrives for mid-day service and Media Zone 10:06 hrs
First car arrives for final service and Media Zone 13:12 hrs
Prize-giving and podium ceremony 14:00 hrs
FIA press conference, Press Room, Rila Hotel, Borovets 15:00 hrs

FIA PRESS CONFERENCE ATTENDANCE

Thursday 08 July
Karl Kruuda, FIA Junior World Rally Championship
Hans Weijs, FIA Junior World Rally Championship
Olivier Quesnel, Citroën Total World Rally Team
Per-Gunnar Andersson, Stobart M-Sport Ford Rally Team
Kimi Räikkönen, Citroën Junior Team
Petter Solberg, Petter Solberg World Rally Team

Sunday 11 July
Winning Junior World Rally Championship crew
Top three crews in the overall classification
Representative of the winning entrant

ADDITIONAL MEDIA OPPORTUNITIES

‘Meet the Crews’: On Friday and Saturday, the top three drivers will attend a ‘Meet the Crews’ session for media and fans. This will take place in the service park on the WRC Stage at the earliest opportunity during the end of day 45 minute service.

Autograph Signing Session: On Friday and Saturday, selected crews will be available for a 15 minute autograph session. This will take place in the service park during the end of day 45 minute service at the teams’ service areas.
link:
http://www.rallysportlive.com/articles/ ... review.php
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 02 Jul 2010, 17:07

thanks to all for the info, cant wait for the rally.

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 02 Jul 2010, 17:15

Many thanks lui!!! :cool:
Kimi in Press Conference! :)

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 02 Jul 2010, 21:00

Maria d wrote:thanks to all for the info, cant wait for the rally.
+1 :shhh:

It can't begin soon enough, we are already walking on the walls here :lol:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL