Proposed 2011 F1 Regulations

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

What do you think of these proposed regulations?

Great!
No votes
Ok
13%
Stupid
88%
Don't Care
No votes

Total votes: 8

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Proposed 2011 F1 Regulations

Post by donald29 » 25 May 2007, 18:42

Max Mosley has proposed these regulations for 2011

-Turbo charged V6's limited to 10000RPM. Must last 5 races.
-Bio fuel power.
-Each team must have same aerodynamic package.
-A1 GP style power boost to aid overtaking.

Does everyone agree these rules are stupid?
Last edited by donald29 on 08 Jun 2007, 14:12, edited 1 time in total.

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 25 May 2007, 18:56

yeAH MAN, THERE were some which were good... i like the bio fuels idea - ethanol has higher octane than casoline... but boost button!? Please... new technologies should reflect road car realities...

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 25 May 2007, 19:00

BANANAGP wrote:yeAH MAN, THERE were some which were good... i like the bio fuels idea - ethanol has higher octane than casoline... but boost button!? Please... new technologies should reflect road car realities...
i agree

Thomas
car driver
car driver

Post by Thomas » 25 May 2007, 19:03

In the future we shall see 4WD F1 cars running on batteries while the driver is in the pit lane with his remote control driving from there!!!! My god some people in the name of MONEY become graphic and humiliate themselves but let's hope not the sport. Of course all the NON COMPETITIVE teams will agree to every word of them new gay rules hoping for a better day. Best joke I ve heard this week, VW in F1!!!!!

Thomas
car driver
car driver

Post by Thomas » 25 May 2007, 19:07

To add, there are two categories of Grand Prix organisations, those that have equity control from a manufacturer and those teams whose core business is Formula One. I don’t feel comfortable with regulations designed to favour manufacturers who at any time can stop because it is not their core business. History shows they do choose to stop at short notice for different reasons. So, to construct therefore Formula One for the manufacturers is fundamentally wrong. I see the need for an F1 that embraces many of the things that are part of the paper, I am not opposed to it at all, I am supportive of it, but inevitably change is always considered a good solution to un-competitiveness, so cynically I look at a variety of teams saying ‘great’ because they are uncompetitive and cannot make competitive cars with the current regulations and I hope that the thing that has driven virtually every decision of value that is taken over the last five years, which is cost, is kept firmly at the top of the list because this is going to cost a fortune and there isn’t anybody that can argue against that. This will cost a fortune. We need to be mindful of the fact that this could see the demise of several teams who will not be able to pursue development programmes or receive the support of a manufacturer, so going from one minute a situation where we are effectively going to have four cars of the same make most of which will be produced by the core manufacturing companies to a situation where the manufacturers are heavily favoured against those core manufacturers, I don’t think that is correct. But that is an opinion.

Ron Denis

Source:http://www.formula1.com/race/news/6141/774.html accessed 25/05/07

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 25 May 2007, 19:14

In the press conference yesterday Ron Dennis warned about drafting regulations geared too much towards the manufacturers. He said that as F1 is not their principle line of business, they can and , as history shows, do pull out of F1 at very short notice.

F1 needs to pay closer attention to it's original mission statement - Best driver-car combination wins and worry less about the "environment of F1" and this constant changing of rules.

[FIN]SpeedFreak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by [FIN]SpeedFreak » 25 May 2007, 19:16

They're very pathetic! Mosley tries to ruin this class. For christs sake, this is motorsport's king! Not a freaking joke! Apparantely he tries to lift GP2 series to be king of Motorsport world. If I am right, GP2, would still compete with V8's while F1's change to V6... STUPID!!!!

Thomas
car driver
car driver

Post by Thomas » 25 May 2007, 19:55

It all has to do with the Global Warming Propaganda and the Promotion of NEW ENVIRONMENT SAVING TECHNOLOGIES or powering vehicles to make SAVE OUR PRECIOUS PLANET FROM CO2 AND THE GREEN HOUSE EFFECT. By 2011 all of the world will know that We are not killing the planet with CO2 and then the 2011 regulations will be dumped into the trash bin. No worries!! In fact in our forum how many do they believe in the Great Global Warming Swindle (UK people must have watched-heard of the relevant documentary by Channel 4).

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 25 May 2007, 19:59

Thomas wrote:It all has to do with the Global Warming Propaganda and the Promotion of NEW ENVIRONMENT SAVING TECHNOLOGIES or powering vehicles to make SAVE OUR PRECIOUS PLANET FROM CO2 AND THE GREEN HOUSE EFFECT. By 2011 all of the world will know that We are not killing the planet with CO2 and then the 2011 regulations will be dumped into the trash bin. No worries!! In fact in our forum how many do they believe in the Great Global Warming Swindle (UK people must have watched-heard of the relevant documentary by Channel 4).
i agree C02 is not killing the planet but unfortunately most people can't. Bio fuel is coming and unfortunately F1 will have to adapt.

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 25 May 2007, 20:07

Thomas wrote:It all has to do with the Global Warming Propaganda and the Promotion of NEW ENVIRONMENT SAVING TECHNOLOGIES or powering vehicles to make SAVE OUR PRECIOUS PLANET FROM CO2 AND THE GREEN HOUSE EFFECT. By 2011 all of the world will know that We are not killing the planet with CO2 and then the 2011 regulations will be dumped into the trash bin. No worries!! In fact in our forum how many do they believe in the Great Global Warming Swindle (UK people must have watched-heard of the relevant documentary by Channel 4).
Dude Exactly! CO2 is actually good for the planet... plants grow better in a CO2 rich environment. In any event, a volcano can blow up and in a couple of weeks spew more co2 than all humans do in 100 years... people are getting rish scaring the general population about global warming... shame on honda! :lol:

Thomas
car driver
car driver

Post by Thomas » 25 May 2007, 20:12

donald29 wrote:
i agree C02 is not killing the planet but unfortunately most people can't. Bio fuel is coming and unfortunately F1 will have to adapt.
V6 10,000rpm Turbo = VERY WRONG!!!! I mean a tuned Honda Civic revs up there these days..when u watch F1 u want to see something exquisite and exotic more like a mechanical miracle which its result was an engine which revs to 19,000rpm!!! If I want 10res i ll buy a Honda as I said b4..F1 is the most technologically advanced sport on the planet and FIA is trying to ruin that exclusivity. I mean everybody loves to get to know about all them tiny little details that makes winners win and which can not be captured by the untrained eye. We also love how much effort teams put into their aerodynamics development and how much of a similarity in the principles of aerodynamics F1 cars share with military jet fighters.

ntr
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ntr » 25 May 2007, 21:42

BANANAGP wrote:
Dude Exactly! CO2 is actually good for the planet... plants grow better in a CO2 rich environment. In any event, a volcano can blow up and in a couple of weeks spew more co2 than all humans do in 100 years... people are getting rish scaring the general population about global warming... shame on honda! :lol:
right, even if global warming isn't a problem, we still have an issue with dwindling oil supplies and the insecurity of the middle east region from where most of the oil comes from...therefore if we don't innovate and develop new technologies we wouldn't be able to drive cars like we do today anymore :D

about the rules...

v6 is definately bad, they should never have changed the v10s anyway...v8 is bad enough now v6 f1 engines should be something special and at the pinnacle, at the limits of engineering not something you can find in a sports car :lol:

same aerodynamics :shock: that would be a total disaster, i mean putting limits would limit the ammount of technology and innovation that comes out of f1...are they trying to turn f1 into some sort of an a1gp clone

the a1gp boost thing...i think that this is a real gimmick and it would become boring very quickly

the biofuel...i don't think it's anything big...biofuels aren't that good for the environment (although they are renewable) except people would probably think it is which is what is important...isn't it? :lol: :lol:
mm tofu