Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by luieluv » 01 Jul 2010, 16:24

Arli Racegirl wrote:Something new??

Räikkösen manageri kiistää Renault-neuvottelut
http://elisa.net/uutiset/urheilu/mootto ... /?id=84476
Kimi Räikkönen's manager denies Renault talks. :(
But i guess its derived from the earlier short comment from robertson that he has held no talks with renault and its just a rumour and continued by saying "But anything is possible" :lol:
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Arli Racegirl
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Arli Racegirl » 01 Jul 2010, 17:40

luieluv wrote:

But i guess its derived from the earlier short comment from robertson that he has held no talks with renault and its just a rumour and continued by saying "But anything is possible" :lol:
thanks luieluv !! :O I hate all these speculations and rumors ...
THE ICEMAN BRASIL - KIMI RAIKKONEN http://www.kimiraikkonenbrasil.com/
MY TWITTER http://twitter.com/Arli_Racegirl

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 01 Jul 2010, 18:57

Arli Racegirl wrote:
luieluv wrote:

yes these speculations are getting too much, hoping all this ends and Kimi announces his decision F1 or WRC soon :pray:
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 01 Jul 2010, 19:02

^^^^^
Oh yes, we just go around and around in circles.....let's hope we will not have to wait till autumn.....

Arli Racegirl
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Arli Racegirl » 01 Jul 2010, 19:11

saif wrote:
Arli Racegirl wrote:
luieluv wrote:

yes these speculations are getting too much, hoping all this ends and Kimi announces his decision F1 or WRC soon :pray:
WRC, please Kimi! :pray:
THE ICEMAN BRASIL - KIMI RAIKKONEN http://www.kimiraikkonenbrasil.com/
MY TWITTER http://twitter.com/Arli_Racegirl

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ish678 » 01 Jul 2010, 22:12

Does anyone think maybe Webber's crash from Sunday might effect him mentally? Because it was a huge impact and I know he's had big crashes in the past, but maybe he's thinking he's not exactly 21 anymore and it might be the time to step away. It might have changed his mindset on what he wants in life. Therefore he himself might pull out of the 2011 contract? Which could give Kimi another choice of F1 seat should he want it. Just a thought. Probably nonsense :lol:

RagingJamaican
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by RagingJamaican » 01 Jul 2010, 22:17

ish678 wrote:Does anyone think maybe Webber's crash from Sunday might effect him mentally? Because it was a huge impact and I know he's had big crashes in the past, but maybe he's thinking he's not exactly 21 anymore and it might be the time to step away. It might have changed his mindset on what he wants in life. Therefore he himself might pull out of the 2011 contract? Which could give Kimi another choice of F1 seat should he want it. Just a thought. Probably nonsense :lol:
Hm...... interesting i have to say. It might have an affect, we will only know by his next few performances. But i don't think it will affect him. I could be wrong, as i was wrong about Massa although i am unsure whether it's the accident thats made him under perform or whether he's got some other issues with the car.

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ish678 » 01 Jul 2010, 22:21

RagingJamaican wrote:
ish678 wrote:Does anyone think maybe Webber's crash from Sunday might effect him mentally? Because it was a huge impact and I know he's had big crashes in the past, but maybe he's thinking he's not exactly 21 anymore and it might be the time to step away. It might have changed his mindset on what he wants in life. Therefore he himself might pull out of the 2011 contract? Which could give Kimi another choice of F1 seat should he want it. Just a thought. Probably nonsense :lol:
Hm...... interesting i have to say. It might have an affect, we will only know by his next few performances. But i don't think it will affect him. I could be wrong, as i was wrong about Massa although i am unsure whether it's the accident thats made him under perform or whether he's got some other issues with the car.
I'm not sure it will effect him to the extent that he'll be at the back somewhere but I think maybe he'd be slightly more wary of taking risks. He's got a bit of a reputation of being overly aggressive at the start, maybe he'll check himself a bit more? Therefore hindering his performances and results a little. At the same time though, he seems like the type of guy that can shrug off these kinds of things and we might have to watch him score a hat-trick of wins in upcoming races :lol:

RagingJamaican
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by RagingJamaican » 01 Jul 2010, 22:28

ish678 wrote:
RagingJamaican wrote:
I'm not sure it will effect him to the extent that he'll be at the back somewhere but I think maybe he'd be slightly more wary of taking risks. He's got a bit of a reputation of being overly aggressive at the start, maybe he'll check himself a bit more? Therefore hindering his performances and results a little. At the same time though, he seems like the type of guy that can shrug off these kinds of things and we might have to watch him score a hat-trick of wins in upcoming races :lol:
We will see what happens in the near future. But i think that aggressiveness is natural for him and never will go away. But i hope you are right, so Kimi can comeback :)

But i doubt he will go to Renault, and i doubt he will go to Red Bull. I think Kimi like me thinks Red Bull will die down and be like Williams. But who knows eh?

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 02 Jul 2010, 02:51

luieluv wrote: I do understand your point of view. But my opinion is also based on the fact that if Kimi would like to make a stop gap arrangement then renault for one year would serve his purpose. The way i look at this arrangement is that Kimi could be convinced looking at the earnest approach by Renault coupled with decent budgets. Say this could be an interim year for Kimi to access his driving and make sure that he jumps in to the cockpit of RBR come 2012. In the meanwhile he would be allow to do Rallying.

As for your point of Kimi being serious with Rallying i totally agree. But if he is to opt for WRC this year then he would carry his seriousness and passion for Rally in the coming years too. This almost closes the door on F1. I feel this thing will have a crazy end to the speculations going around and i for one feel we are in for a roller coster ride between F1 and WRC. We never know what will happen.

Never say Never. Anything and everything is Possible. :)
I see what you are saying about a stop-gap arrangement, luie. But does Kimi really need it? It is an option for someone who is desperate to get into F1. I don't think he needs to prove it to Red Bull that he still has it for them to consider him for the 2012. I think Red Bull know about Kimi well enough, and that can be confirmed from what Marko and Horner had to say about Kimi. Pretty much same with McLaren too. Kimi does not really have anything to gain by driving for Renault. But make no mistake about it, the Robertsons would make full PR value about any speculation that arises about Kimi in F1, be it Pirelli or Renault. They would make sure Kimi is talked about as much as possible only for Kimi to mind his own business in the remote confines of Swizz, Fin, France, etc. :p That would invariably make the Kimi fans go crazy!
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 02 Jul 2010, 02:57

I am not saying this because I am a Kimi fan. But what you say is a genuine possibility. I had thought the same. He has had a big one in Le Mans at the beginning of his career, and that has had an effect on him.

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 02 Jul 2010, 03:35

SpaMaster wrote:
luieluv wrote: I do understand your point of view. But my opinion is also based on the fact that if Kimi would like to make a stop gap arrangement then renault for one year would serve his purpose. The way i look at this arrangement is that Kimi could be convinced looking at the earnest approach by Renault coupled with decent budgets. Say this could be an interim year for Kimi to access his driving and make sure that he jumps in to the cockpit of RBR come 2012. In the meanwhile he would be allow to do Rallying.

As for your point of Kimi being serious with Rallying i totally agree. But if he is to opt for WRC this year then he would carry his seriousness and passion for Rally in the coming years too. This almost closes the door on F1. I feel this thing will have a crazy end to the speculations going around and i for one feel we are in for a roller coster ride between F1 and WRC. We never know what will happen.

Never say Never. Anything and everything is Possible. :)
I see what you are saying about a stop-gap arrangement, luie. But does Kimi really need it? It is an option for someone who is desperate to get into F1. I don't think he needs to prove it to Red Bull that he still has it for them to consider him for the 2012. I think Red Bull know about Kimi well enough, and that can be confirmed from what Marko and Horner had to say about Kimi. Pretty much same with McLaren too. Kimi does not really have anything to gain by driving for Renault. But make no mistake about it, the Robertsons would make full PR value about any speculation that arises about Kimi in F1, be it Pirelli or Renault. They would make sure Kimi is talked about as much as possible only for Kimi to mind his own business in the remote confines of Swizz, Fin, France, etc. :p That would invariably make the Kimi fans go crazy!
So true. :lol:
What i meant was that going to Renault may not be Kimi's need but if he wants to comeback in F1, per say with Red Bull in 2012 then Renault in 2011 may just well work as a nice interim period. But yes Kimi doing his business in the remote confines of Swizz,Fin,France, etc would be and should be order of the day..
I am desperately hoping Kimi to have a WRC Rally win before he jumps back in to the cockpit of F1 car.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 02 Jul 2010, 05:14

^ I want him to consider a return to F1 only if he figures out that he may never be able to become a world rally champion.

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 02 Jul 2010, 06:27

SpaMaster wrote:^ I want him to consider a return to F1 only if he figures out that he may never be able to become a world rally champion.
:thumbsup:
This is exactly what I think also! :O

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 02 Jul 2010, 07:06

SpaMaster wrote:
I am not saying this because I am a Kimi fan. But what you say is a genuine possibility. I had thought the same. He has had a big one in Le Mans at the beginning of his career, and that has had an effect on him.
I dont think it will have any effect. He threw the steering wheel out immediately when the car stopped. That was an act of anger and not a guy dazed with a deer in headlights mentality.
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED