Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by apple » 26 Jun 2010, 08:40

brendakarli wrote:I also wish Kimi would go back to F1...but knowing my luck and Kimi, I think he has only one thing on his mind right now - rallye. I only think that if his back bothers him too much cos rallying is different and/or he misses the speed of F1 cars then he may consider going back to F1, otherwise... I dun think so
I read some time ago a different view of things as one rally expert in Finland said"Kimi belongs to track racing " and he thought Kimi will not succeed in rally..now we all know Kimi that he will try to prove this guy wrong.
But on the other hand when Juha Kankkunen says he doesnt believe Kimi will be something like Loeb and I am not waiting for him to be either,simply because of his age and experience in rally, I believe Kimi tries his wings for another year just to see can he be there. Thats why I am not throwing F1 possibilities to trashcan because I think Kimi is realistic and he will come back if he sees he cannot be on the pace of other drivers specially on gravel.

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 26 Jun 2010, 08:43

redstorm wrote:What did TS say about the Italian report on Merc offering Kubica a three year deal? Is it just a completely made up story or just that they haven't offered yet. If Merc are looking to replace the Schui then there is still a possible seat for Kimi.
TS wrote about it and said after some digging that it is just a media gossip that some one has been putting to circle. Merc hasnt offered nothing to Kubica and its very likely Schumi will continue.

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 26 Jun 2010, 08:46

Yes, but he can't stay away for too long if he is to come back to F1...you see what happens to Schumi.... and he was Schumi, hardworking, dedicated, obsessed German in a German team, and now it is almost a nightmare if you see how they treat him...i don't want to even think of Kimi in this position....

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 26 Jun 2010, 17:08

Acropolis wrote:Yes, but he can't stay away for too long if he is to come back to F1...you see what happens to Schumi.... and he was Schumi, hardworking, dedicated, obsessed German in a German team, and now it is almost a nightmare if you see how they treat him...i don't want to even think of Kimi in this position....
Kimi already WAS in this position. He went from "the fastest driver" to "unmotivated" after he joined Ferrari and Hami appeared on the scene.
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Avastrol
car driver
car driver

Post by Avastrol » 29 Jun 2010, 13:17

Renault is supposedly planning to give Kimi's door a good knocking (Autosport).

I kinda like their newfound busy bee, hardworking, no-BS environment, in contrast with Fernando and Flabbio show. The odds are still long, though, the main sticking point perhaps is that Renault is once again a fledgling team and Kimi might now want to have to do anything with that.

And besides, isn't "the decision" due in a few weeks' time?

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 29 Jun 2010, 13:40

Avastrol wrote:Renault is supposedly planning to give Kimi's door a good knocking (Autosport).

I kinda like their newfound busy bee, hardworking, no-BS environment, in contrast with Fernando and Flabbio show. The odds are still long, though, the main sticking point perhaps is that Renault is once again a fledgling team and Kimi might now want to have to do anything with that.

And besides, isn't "the decision" due in a few weeks' time?
They are open to Bob and his rally adventures so that's a plus.
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 29 Jun 2010, 14:25

The positive is that Renault allow their drivers to go rallying. :)
Kubica & Kimi in the same team would be wonderful.
With a new sponsor like Master Card?? the financial position would improve
& may be get a better car next year.
If Kimi can drive that dog of car (last year Ferrari) securing most points in the 2nd half of season in 2009,
he will be able to do great in the Renault, & its not looking so bad either this year.

Kimi please come back! :pray:

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 29 Jun 2010, 15:16

i open to any team as long as kimi returning to F1 :)

i love this thread... really entertaining while waiting for the real decision from kimi :)

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 30 Jun 2010, 02:06

I think renault was not in the position to negotiate terms with robbie when they were doing so last year - thanks to flabbio and his team mgt tactics - so they could only get robbie for one year. It almost crushed them out of F1.

Now they are picking up the pieces with clean/new drivers and (hopefully) managers and having robbie and kimi on board signals to many potential investors they are serious to continue in F1 for the long haul with a clean image too. today, really, image is everything...and they can use kimi's image (as a wdc and clean driver) to repair this image further (in many ways better than if they had find ways to get fonzi to stick with them by promising him all sorts of goodies) ...image is also partly why I think the red team is also losing fans left and right despite having Fonzi whom is rated highly (well not that it matters to them but once people start to see through domi and luca....) :n

Flag:## forza ferrari Flag:## forza fonzi Flag:## forza felipe
The JINX

amoljoshi
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by amoljoshi » 30 Jun 2010, 03:59

Vida wrote:i open to any team as long as kimi returning to F1 :)

i love this thread... really entertaining while waiting for the real decision from kimi :)

I feel total respect for Renault ( these days :zz: ), after they have prepared a fast car.

I bet Kimi will look into Renault as an option since they should have a fast car sooner than later..

How about Kimi --> Renault guys? :drool: :C: :D

P.S: Wassup all of u!. :hug: I have been really busy in work and suddenly realised my 1 month in IT industry is over.

Time is flying and So is Kimi.. :lol:

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 30 Jun 2010, 04:44

It is rumoured that Renault would be having mastercard and nokia as their sponsors in 2011. so i am sure the cash flow would be there for them to poach kimi even if Kimi shows little bit of interest.

Renault as i have said would be an excellent option considering that they have an upward graph at the moment and also for kimi it would be a stop gap arrangement where he would be able to access his interest and then by 2012 he can shift to Red Bull.

Its for kii to decide. I would like the prospect of Kimi in renault. Partnering Kubica sounds really kool and it gives me some kind of assurance that both of them can fight for WCC but for WDC i doubt there would be much of a chance. Still i feel jumping in the renault cockpit would be worth. They will also let him rally and thats a huge bonus.

But everything said i would still love Kimi to continue in WRC with citroen coz next year it would be totally different for everyone. Here Kimi has a chance to boost his ever growing confidence in rally and can aim for his first win and subsequently in following years a title. This to me sounds like a dream. Hope this is fulfilled. :)
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 30 Jun 2010, 04:54

luieluv wrote:It is rumoured that Renault would be having mastercard and nokia as their sponsors in 2011. so i am sure the cash flow would be there for them to poach kimi even if Kimi shows little bit of interest.

Renault as i have said would be an excellent option considering that they have an upward graph at the moment and also for kimi it would be a stop gap arrangement where he would be able to access his interest and then by 2012 he can shift to Red Bull.

Its for kii to decide. I would like the prospect of Kimi in renault. Partnering Kubica sounds really kool and it gives me some kind of assurance that both of them can fight for WCC but for WDC i doubt there would be much of a chance. Still i feel jumping in the renault cockpit would be worth. They will also let him rally and thats a huge bonus.

But everything said i would still love Kimi to continue in WRC with citroen coz next year it would be totally different for everyone. Here Kimi has a chance to boost his ever growing confidence in rally and can aim for his first win and subsequently in following years a title. This to me sounds like a dream. Hope this is fulfilled. :)
You took the words right out of my mouth! Sounds good to me either way :thumbsup:
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 30 Jun 2010, 05:17

luieluv wrote:It is rumoured that Renault would be having mastercard and nokia as their sponsors in 2011. so i am sure the cash flow would be there for them to poach kimi even if Kimi shows little bit of interest.

if the rumour about nokia is true.. there is a big possibility that kimi will be in renault... since kimi is always using nokia... :) and renault is allowing their driver to rally.. good position for kimi...

as long as renault can give kimi a good package for next year, he should considering renault...

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 30 Jun 2010, 05:51

about the Nokia rumor: it's probably the same rumor as last year and Nokia shoot it down quite clearly last year that they are definitely not coming back to sponsor F1 or any motor sport... the mastercard rumor I have at least seen in a paper but Nokia just on discussion forums... ts has asked kimis manager about renault and what i understood from it was that next year at lest he rather stay in rally, even if he hasn't made the decision. So what he is probably realy thinking about is if he is coming back to F1 2012 or never...

can maby somebody Finnish speaking translate the article ??!!

http://www.ts.fi/f1/uutiset/142600.html

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 30 Jun 2010, 06:03

Julia wrote:about the Nokia rumor: it's probably the same rumor as last year and Nokia shoot it down quite clearly last year that they are definitely not coming back to sponsor F1 or any motor sport... the mastercard rumor I have at least seen in a paper but Nokia just on discussion forums... ts has asked kimis manager about renault and what i understood from it was that next year at lest he rather stay in rally, even if he hasn't made the decision. So what he is probably realy thinking about is if he is coming back to F1 2012 or never...

can maby somebody Finnish speaking translate the article ??!!

http://www.ts.fi/f1/uutiset/142600.html
Firts, Pirelli wants Kimi to be their test driver. They think he is ideal for that purpose. Steve Robertson isnt turning it down but says its more up to Kimis schedule as he has more testing before coming rallies .
Second one is like Julia told, Renault havent yet talked about it to Kimi and Kimi hasnt made a desicion about next season, but its more likely he will stay at rally for next year. Robertson says interestingly that it is now evident asphalt is Kimis surface and he is waiting rally Bulgaria with great interest.

Now thats what I have been thinking too.. asphalt is Kimis surface . I think Kimi wants to see if he can develop on gravel.