The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Off-topic thread for rally fans

Post by Wolfie » 26 Jun 2010, 21:35

It was said with humour, of course Kimi is a normal person :)
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 26 Jun 2010, 21:59

Wolfie wrote:It was said with humour, of course Kimi is a normal person :)
Sorry, I feel myself a very stupid person :blush:

I SHOULD know you - you rock!
I miss a babysitter

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 27 Jun 2010, 03:05

Leijona wrote:
f194girl wrote:I´m so happy!! Got my confirmation for a ticket for the "meet the drivers event" at the rally germany yesterday! It was the last ticket that was avialable!!! !yahoo:
:C: wow lucky you!!!! congrats!!!
Congrats f194girl :shhh: I hope you have the time of your life! :O
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 27 Jun 2010, 09:20

:lol:
Moominpappa wrote:

NEVER question the Alpha Female! She bites...................
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by redstorm » 27 Jun 2010, 09:25

Off-Topic: show
Oi, you poor thing, Redstorm :lol:

Don't you like the way we are changing you?

Soon you can't live with or without us :n

.........................................................................................

If this keeps up pretty soon my wife is going to want to know where my manhood went :zz: I feel like Im on the set of Oprah......

O "So when did you realize you had a problem?"

R "When I got a tattoo of Kimi on my **** and decided to only speak in one syllabel monotone words...."

:rule#
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Leijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Leijona » 27 Jun 2010, 18:30

I didn't go to the store myself but my friend happened to have this weekend's Iltalehti and gave it to me because she had already read it. Lucky us :lol:

Here's the article:
LIKE A CHATTERBOX

Kimi Räikkönen is a prisoner of his own reputation.

Distant, ice-cold and uninterested or funny, laid-back and social?

A little distant perhaps, but in no way ice-cold.

Definitely funny and talkative.

After several calls Kimi Räikkönen's persona starts taking shape.

We got an unusually truthful picture of Kimi Räikkönen in the latest DNA-commercial where a man wearing a hoodie makes fun of himself, smiles a lot - and talks only after the press conference is over.

He really talks like a pot full of beans.

- The media image isn't right in his case. He is in no way a quiet guy, Kimi's co-driver Kaj Lindström assures.

Calm

According to friends, Räikkönen is happy and laid-back but also deliberative. When he was younger there was maybe more fooling around, but these days the man is level-headed.

- In the group of friends others are noisier, but Kimi also babbles all the time and tells stories, Räikkönen's friend tells.

Does it sound like the Räikkönen in TV?

No it doesn't.

The reputation is formed through the stuff reporters create. After trasferring to rally, Kimi's media image has softened. Manager Steve Robertson reminds that Räikkönen has been himself all the time.

- I don't see that he would be any different in rally. In Formula One you reporters don't have access to places where you are allowed to go in rally. They have more time for you here. In F1 it is only a few questions or five minutes.

Two worlds

- There are two different worlds. Those who know him talk about a completely different Kimi than those who don't know him, Heikki Kulta from Turun sanomat says.

- You get a totally different picture of him through media, or you could say that you get several different pictures of him. He concentrates on racing and shuts off other things so fully that he seems ice-cold and distant, says Kikka Kuosmanen who took care of Kimi's arrangements from his junior-years until last year.

Räikkönen himself admits that you must be careful around reporters and other people around you.

- You usually see in what business each of them are there for. However, it hasn't never really concerned me. Of course there are things that don't go as they should but that happens to everyone. Someone can always make a crappy article if they want to, Räikkönen says to Iltalehti.

A shy boy from Espoo

Along the years Räikkönen has of course changed. In the background there is still the same young man who sensationally rised to Sauber's F1-driver 2001 after only one Formula Renault-season - and who is excited about nearly every sport and motorgadget.

- He has changed of course. He is no longer the shy fellow who ran away from reporters. He was loaded with pressure for his first F1-race. When he got a good result from it, he clearly let go more, Kulta says.

Anette Latva-Piikkilä, who used to race with Räikkönen and these days works as MTV3's rallyreporter, agrees with Kulta.

- When Kimi transferred to F1, he got a lot more confidence. The shy little boy was stepped aside and was replaced by a confident racing driver. Trasferring to rally in turn brought his true personality more to light. He is a funny and sociable man, and nearly always in a good mood, Latva-Piikkilä says.

- Time has left some marks. It hasn't changed the big picture. The sport has just changed a little, Räikkönen characterizes his growth.

JUSSI OJALA

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 27 Jun 2010, 18:46

Thanks Leijona!!!!!! :hug:

Leijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Leijona » 27 Jun 2010, 18:48

Some more from Iltalehti:
A CHALLENGING INTERVIEWEE

- Hello it's Kimi. I won.

- Who was second?

- I don't know.

This phone conversation took place between Räikkönen and his publicist of the time Kikka Kuosmanen when Räikkönen was in Formula Renault.

The duo had agreed that Räikkönen would call Kuosmanen after each race to tell his topmost feelings. Räikkönen's family friend took care of Kimi's things and media-contacts until last year.

- You couldn't really get anything out of him no matter what you tried, Kuosmanen says.

Interviewing Räikkönen is its own form of art, but it is not impossible.

- I remember Kimi's first F1-tests in Jerez. At that time already I thought that this was not going to be easy. There wasn't even that much media present, remembers TS's F1-reporter Heikki Kulta.

- You just have to be patient. You may have to wait but you always get an interview. You should not be too aggressive. It is nice to work with Kimi, MTV3's Anette Latva-Piikkilä says.

- He could however talk a little louder, Latva-Piikkilä adds and laughs.

Like many other atheletes also Kimi is sick of answering self-evident questions.

- Now that you follow him, you can see that he hasn't changed in any direction. The race is forgotten in 15 minutes. He isn't interested in going through it. There is speaking if the subject is interesting, Kuosmanen says.

JARNO JUUTI

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 27 Jun 2010, 18:52

thank you Leijona.
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 27 Jun 2010, 19:14

Leijona wrote:I didn't go to the store myself but my friend happened to have this weekend's Iltalehti and gave it to me because she had already read it. Lucky us :lol:

Here's the article:
LIKE A CHATTERBOX

Kimi Räikkönen is a prisoner of his own reputation.

Distant, ice-cold and uninterested or funny, laid-back and social?

A little distant perhaps, but in no way ice-cold.

Definitely funny and talkative.

After several calls Kimi Räikkönen's persona starts taking shape.

We got an unusually truthful picture of Kimi Räikkönen in the latest DNA-commercial where a man wearing a hoodie makes fun of himself, smiles a lot - and talks only after the press conference is over.

He really talks like a pot full of beans.

- The media image isn't right in his case. He is in no way a quiet guy, Kimi's co-driver Kaj Lindström assures.

Calm

According to friends, Räikkönen is happy and laid-back but also deliberative. When he was younger there was maybe more fooling around, but these days the man is level-headed.

- In the group of friends others are noisier, but Kimi also babbles all the time and tells stories, Räikkönen's friend tells.

Does it sound like the Räikkönen in TV?

No it doesn't.

The reputation is formed through the stuff reporters create. After trasferring to rally, Kimi's media image has softened. Manager Steve Robertson reminds that Räikkönen has been himself all the time.

- I don't see that he would be any different in rally. In Formula One you reporters don't have access to places where you are allowed to go in rally. They have more time for you here. In F1 it is only a few questions or five minutes.

Two worlds

- There are two different worlds. Those who know him talk about a completely different Kimi than those who don't know him, Heikki Kulta from Turun sanomat says.

- You get a totally different picture of him through media, or you could say that you get several different pictures of him. He concentrates on racing and shuts off other things so fully that he seems ice-cold and distant, says Kikka Kuosmanen who took care of Kimi's arrangements from his junior-years until last year.

Räikkönen himself admits that you must be careful around reporters and other people around you.

- You usually see in what business each of them are there for. However, it hasn't never really concerned me. Of course there are things that don't go as they should but that happens to everyone. Someone can always make a crappy article if they want to, Räikkönen says to Iltalehti.

A shy boy from Espoo

Along the years Räikkönen has of course changed. In the background there is still the same young man who sensationally rised to Sauber's F1-driver 2001 after only one Formula Renault-season - and who is excited about nearly every sport and motorgadget.

- He has changed of course. He is no longer the shy fellow who ran away from reporters. He was loaded with pressure for his first F1-race. When he got a good result from it, he clearly let go more, Kulta says.

Anette Latva-Piikkilä, who used to race with Räikkönen and these days works as MTV3's rallyreporter, agrees with Kulta.

- When Kimi transferred to F1, he got a lot more confidence. The shy little boy was stepped aside and was replaced by a confident racing driver. Trasferring to rally in turn brought his true personality more to light. He is a funny and sociable man, and nearly always in a good mood, Latva-Piikkilä says.

- Time has left some marks. It hasn't changed the big picture. The sport has just changed a little, Räikkönen characterizes his growth.

JUSSI OJALA
Thanks Leijona!!! :shhh: You have a great friend!!! :lol:

Leijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Leijona » 27 Jun 2010, 19:17

And the last one from Iltalehti:
SEISKA: KIMI HAS FRACTURES AT SPINE

- There are hairline cracks here and there on the vertebras. They have developed from several different crashes in the past 10 years, Kimi told in an interview in 7 päivää-magazine.

According to the magazine Kimi has already went to treatment in Strasbourg, France. There was laser-treatment given to his back.

- I have to go once more to a 2-hour operation and after that you have to be a little bit more careful for a few weeks, Räikkönen told Seiska.

Brother isn't concerned

Räikkönen's brother Rami Räikkönen, a former rally-driver also, doesn't believe that the back-problems are so serious that Kimi's career would be in danger.

- I don't believe that. If his back would really be a mess, you wouldn't be allowed to drive with it, Rami Räikkönen told Iltalehti.

According to Rami, Kimi hasn't whined about back-pain to him. Rami says he didn't hear about the operation until he saw the headline in the magazine.

- We are in contact pretty occassionally. If we talk, then it's usually about other things.

Rami Räikkönen doesn't believe rally is too tough on Kimi's back.

- You sit there so comfortably.

Problems in Mexico

Räikkönen's situation hasn't been completely problem-free this season though. For example over Mexico rally the back showed symptoms. The tests before it were missed because of his lower back aching right after Rally Sweden.

- At the noting session Kimi used a supporting belt to support his lower back. The supporting belt pressed Kimi's spine in a way that a new back problem emerged a little bit higher than the previous one, co-driver Kaj Lindström told Iltalehti at the time.

Mark Arnall who travels along Räikkönen in WRC-rallies downplayed the seriousness of the situation.

- It is treatable. We medicate the pain in ways the regulations allow us to, Arnall said.

JOONAS PARTANEN

Leijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Leijona » 27 Jun 2010, 19:20

Off-Topic: show
redstorm wrote:
If this keeps up pretty soon my wife is going to want to know where my manhood went :zz: I feel like Im on the set of Oprah......

O "So when did you realize you had a problem?"

R "When I got a tattoo of Kimi on my **** and decided to only speak in one syllabel monotone words...."

:rule#
LMAO :rofl: :rofl: great one redstorm :lol:
I hope it doesn't go that far though..... the speaking is changeable but a tattoo of Kimi in your *** isn't :zz:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 27 Jun 2010, 19:24

thanks a lot Leijona :hug:

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 27 Jun 2010, 19:24

Kriss wrote:thanks a lot Leijona :hug:
Thanks for the articles Leijona!!! :hug:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 27 Jun 2010, 19:38

redstorm wrote::lol:
Moominpappa wrote:

NEVER question the Alpha Female! She bites...................
Redstorm :<>:

What is a girl supposed to do with you :blink:

I don't bite, I swallow in one piece :lol:

What is an Alpha Female :blush:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL