The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Off-topic thread for rally fans

Post by Maria d » 25 Jun 2010, 22:34

I was a manager of a food company and they wanted more sales, less overhead, when i took over our store was the worst in the chain. it took a while but we went to #1 in sales ratio, one of the 1st female managers to do it. one day corp came down and praised me in front of the team, then in private told me i was to aggressive and confrontational . we had good #s and a happy crew, it was a male ego thing. double standard lives, if i were male i would be tough and a go getter.or it was because they(corp) were from Boston and i am a yankee fan. :lol:
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 25 Jun 2010, 22:41

Maria d wrote:I was a manager of a food company and they wanted more sales, less overhead, when i took over our store was the worst in the chain. it took a while but we went to #1 in sales ratio, one of the 1st female managers to do it. one day corp came down and praised me in front of the team, then in private told me i was to aggressive and confrontational . we had good #s and a happy crew, it was a male ego thing. double standard lives, if i were male i would be tough and a go getter.or it was because they(corp) were from Boston and i am a yankee fan. :lol:
Things like that make me :<>:

Everyone is not like that but I've had my share of those too, their ego is so fragile that they have to put other down in order to feel strong.

One guy even complained to me that why were women allowed to work since he has no power over his wife who left him. He thought the best times were when women were stuck at home without any chances of leaving them.

We have such a beatiful saying here: A woman should be between the stove and the fist....
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 25 Jun 2010, 22:47

its about the same here, but not fist....bed.but a lot of the times its fist.but we have to knock down walls for the next generation, i always think of them. its great you have a female president , thats the biggest step.
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 25 Jun 2010, 22:49

Maria d wrote:its about the same here, but not fist....bed.but a lot of the times its fist.but we have to knock down walls for the next generation, i always think of them. its great you have a female president , thats the biggest step.
And you have a black president, it's a huge thing too :shhh:

Like you said, we are paving the way for future generations :hug:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 25 Jun 2010, 22:50

Oi, time for sleep here, good night everybody :hug:

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ish678 » 25 Jun 2010, 23:00

Thank you Apple and Wolfie for the kind words :) I know in my own mind that I'm trying my hardest to find my first job, it's just hard sometimes to get that across to my siblings :lol:

Acropolis wrote:Ish, it is always like that. I had the same, some members of my family thought I wasn't doing enough, it can get frustrating....
But if you have studied History, can't you work in a school or something? or even a publisher?
I have thought about maybe studying to become a teacher. A lot of people have suggested that too - I may sound like I'm discounting something off hand but I have thought about it and I don't think it's right for me. I'm not the kind of person who would do well in a classroom full of school children no matter what age they were, or whether I was the actual teacher or an assistant. I feel it's important to be comfortable in my work and that's definitely not something I would be comfortable in. :)

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by redstorm » 26 Jun 2010, 04:15

Off-Topic: show
Wolfie wrote:
RagingJamaican wrote:
redstorm wrote:
RagingJamaican wrote:Is this becoming more of a feminine thread and how they love Kimi? I was going to contribute, but i don't fancy Kimi :p But he is the man! Sorry for the rant
It is pretty estrogene heave around here most days! :zz: But hey, at least they're not man hating :lol:
Hahaha :thumbsup:
If this is too feminine then you will probably absolutely love it in the 'other side of Kimi Räikkönen' -thread :n

You guys have to mark your place here and talk manly stuff - otherwise we take over :lol:
Stay away Ragin, stay away! You will never be the same after witnessing the Kimi lovefest over there.........(whimper in the corner)
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 26 Jun 2010, 04:21

Ish I have teachers in my family. What you say about being comfortable is ESPECIALLY true of working with kids. You have to have "that" feeling to work with someone elses children. You will fine something, keep doing what you are doing and don't give up! My thoughts and prayers are with you.
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ish678 » 26 Jun 2010, 06:44

redstorm wrote:Ish I have teachers in my family. What you say about being comfortable is ESPECIALLY true of working with kids. You have to have "that" feeling to work with someone elses children. You will fine something, keep doing what you are doing and don't give up! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Thank you, redstorm, that was lovely! :hug: :wave:

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 26 Jun 2010, 06:48

Redstorm,how come you are awake at this time of the night????

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Acropolis » 26 Jun 2010, 08:04

Oh God!!!!
I desperately need a rally....... :fear: :( :confused:

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 26 Jun 2010, 08:06

Work nights. It's 3am here so it's..........noon for you? 11 for the Finns?
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 26 Jun 2010, 08:10

I see....so you take a glimpse every now and then.....
I'm happy I work in consulting now, so I arrange my schedule...before it was crazy.....

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 26 Jun 2010, 08:19

redstorm wrote:Work nights. It's 3am here so it's..........noon for you? 11 for the Finns?
Yes, you are on the map :wave:
I miss a babysitter

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 26 Jun 2010, 08:29

My schedule works out great for F1. I record the race and get home about 30 min in so I can skip through the commercials and catch up with the live broadcast by the end. Now if we can just get the WRC back, I'll be happy. They show it on a week delay so I already know what happens. That sucks.
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED