Kubi and his rallies

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Kubi and his rallies

Post by redstorm » 22 Jun 2010, 15:18

I know the Clio is a mid-engine on the street. Is it the same in rally? I would think it's a little tail happy if so.

^Did his Harley have soft bags too? Sportster with pink tassles and My Little Pony stickers? Lol
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 22 Jun 2010, 15:29

no just blue tassels, it was a softtail i believe, big bike , big biker, dont put tassels on a harley.
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 24 Jun 2010, 01:22

great great result for Robert and nice interview from him..

How i wish that more F1 drivers could speak sensibly like Robert.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 24 Jun 2010, 08:17

^ Yes, it gets quite disgusting listening to the PR drones. Glad that Renault don't keep him on a leash. It will only help their image. Go Bob!
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 08 Jul 2010, 07:47

Dunno but did you peeps already mention that Kubi will drive at the german Rally :C: You did choose the right one mister :cool:

And there was also a live chat where a friend of mine asked Vettel whether he´d come to the german rally as a visitor...and he said that if he has time he might come :)
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 19 Jul 2010, 19:03

so any more rallies for Kubi in 2010?
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 19 Jul 2010, 19:05

Kubica has said that he has not confirmed his participation yet.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 17 Aug 2010, 14:44

The Secret Life of Robert Kubica

He’s Polish; he’s driven for BMW Sauber and Renault; in five seasons on the Formula One grid he’s scored one win, 11 podiums, one pole position and 226 points; and many tip him to be a future world champion. These are just some of the things you probably do know about Robert Kubica. Now find out a few you don’t, with the help of the latest installment in our Secret Life series…

Q: Are you the kind of guy to have a ‘Plan-B’?
Robert Kubica: No, not really. I always hope that my original plan will work perfectly, or at least not end up in smoke. So no ‘Plan’B’ for me.

Q: Apart from driving a Formula One car, what is your favourite buzz?
RK: Rallying. Nothing more than that!

Q: Who do you most look forward to seeing when you arrive in the paddock on a Thursday?
RK: My engineer. He tells me about the phenomenal upgrades and how the car has improved.

Q: Who is your dream date?
RK: There are so many sports people that I have a huge respect for, so I would have to name so many, but to call them ‘dream dates’ would be a bit much. And I am not into that Hollywood thing about meeting stars.

Q: Which film last made you cry?
RK: I am not a film guy. I even cannot remember when I was last at the movies or watched a film from beginning to end on the TV.

Q: What are you afraid of?
RB: Deep water. In the middle of the sea I don’t feel comfortable. And helicopters as well. They are not my thing.

Q: What was the last book you read?
RK: Gomorrah, which is a book about the criminal clans in Naples and Campania.

Q: What is your favourite way to relax?
RK: Just chilling out at home - when I am at home. Doing very little and hanging out in front of the TV. I just chill out in a simple way.

Q: Name five things that you hate?
RK: Cars which are difficult to drive, traffic, milk, butter and people who are late.

Q: Have you ever dyed your hair?
RK: No, and you can be sure that I will never consider it!

Q: What was the first CD you bought?
RK: Oh, I can’t remember. It must have been a tape though, as my parents had a company producing tapes.

Q: Do you have any tattoos or piercings?
RK: No! You can refer to my answer about dying my hair.

Q: What did your teachers say about you in your school reports?
RK: The main topic was that I was nearly never there because I was travelling to kart races. I missed quite a lot of hours at school so I think the teachers hardly knew me. At the beginning I tried to catch up with learning at home but later, when my racing intensified even more, I had a parallel education.

Q: Who were your childhood heroes?
RK: When I was karting it was a kart driver by the name of Daniel Rossi. He was the guy I had posters of on the walls of my room.

Q: Do you have any guilty pleasures?
RK: No, not really. I loved to ski but as soon as I started racing in Formula Three and signed a contract with some companies, I had to stop. At the beginning that was quite painful. Now it is no longer a problem.

Q: Do you collect anything?
RK: No, I am not a real collector. I just have a small collection of scale models of rally cars - not many. I also have three normal scale rally cars, but I wouldn’t call that a collection.

Q: What do you miss most about home when you are on the road?
RK: The feeling of being at home. Even if we stay in great hotels and have nice rooms it is not home. It is anonymous. I simply miss my things, my stuff.

Q: What was your worst buy?
RK: Oh, I have not bought many things actually. Lately I bought a cell phone and used it for exactly half an hour and then I realized that it was a nuisance.

Q: How do you take your coffee?
RK: I don’t drink coffee.

Q: Your ideal non-race Sunday morning?
RK: The best would be to wake up quite early and do a run or use the bike. The air early in the morning is so fresh and clean. I often put on my alarm. It rings, my hand reaches out for the clock and still dozing I press the stop button and go back to sleep. So much for the early morning fresh air!

Q: What was your first vehicle?
RK: I got my first vehicle when I was four and a half years-old. My parents bought me a miniature version of a jeep in the scale of 1:4 or 1:5 with a three-horsepower engine and two gears. My motorsport career started that very day.

Q: What’s the most embarrassing mistake you’ve ever made?
RK: There’s nothing particular that I remember. And if there was then I’d try to learn from it and then it would stop being embarrassing. When I think back there have never been big negative moments in my life. I think I was always within the rules of society and my surroundings.

Q: What is the best thing you can cook?
RK: I frequently cooked for myself when I was in karting. Simple things, like barbecue, always taste much better than in a restaurant. It’s probably because you have invested so much time preparing it that you don’t dare to not like it.

Q: When was the last time you were really angry?
RK: Furious? That’s not me. I was upset in Silverstone and Budapest, but then things like that happen. I am probably a well-tempered person.
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ ... 11140.html
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 17 Aug 2010, 14:50

luieluv wrote:Kubica has said that he has not confirmed his participation yet.
Sadly Kubica won't participate, it would have taken too long for him to make all the necessary preparations (testing etc.) so he will probably be there cheering for Kimi (he better be cheering for Kimi :<>: ).

Maybe Vettel is also there ;)
Off-Topic: show
Luie, do you have the earlier Iceman Cometh -stories? Since they deleted the whole rally thread on planet, the only one I could find was Rally Jordan... I would like to have them all for everybody to read everytime they need a good cry and and high feeling :pray:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 17 Aug 2010, 15:02

Wolfie wrote:
Sadly Kubica won't participate, it would have taken too long for him to make all the necessary preparations (testing etc.) so he will probably be there cheering for Kimi (he better be cheering for Kimi :<>: ).

Luie, do you have the earlier Iceman Cometh -stories? Since they deleted the whole rally thread on planet, the only one I could find was Rally Jordan... I would like to have them all for everybody to read everytime they need a good cry and and high feeling :pray:
hope Kubica is there :wave:
about the Iceman Co meth stories: i guess you can find them on orkut : www.kimiraikkonen.tk :wave:

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 17 Aug 2010, 15:03

saif wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

hope Kubica is there supporting Kimi :wave:
about the Iceman Co meth stories: i guess you can find them on orkut : http://www.kimiraikkonen.tk :wave:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 17 Aug 2010, 15:10

saif wrote:
saif wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

hope Kubica is there supporting Kimi :wave:
about the Iceman Co meth stories: i guess you can find them on orkut : http://www.kimiraikkonen.tk :wave:
He better be there with a bunch of friends :p

Thanks for the suggestion, have to see if I get in :blush:

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 17 Aug 2010, 15:33

That was a great interview, thanks for posting! :D

You just gotta love Robert! He's such a nice guy. So simple and humble and down-to-earth. :shhh:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 17 Aug 2010, 15:50

Kinga wrote:That was a great interview, thanks for posting! :D

You just gotta love Robert! He's such a nice guy. So simple and humble and down-to-earth. :shhh:
Amen :shhh:

At least we have one driver who speaks up in F1 - gosh, his team radio -conversations were always hilarious :lol:

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 06 Sep 2010, 08:54

Kubica enjoys Italy's Friuli rally

Robert Kubica performed well whilst contesting Italy's Rally del Friuli at the weekend.

Polish media reports said the Formula One driver won some timed stages in the A6 class of the Italian Rally Championship event, at the wheel of a Renault Clio S1600.

Overall, he placed 13th, 7 minutes behind the winner and rivals with more powerful cars.

"I came here to have fun," said Kubica, whose Renault contract allows him to contest some rallies, unlike his previous BMW deal.

"I have to be careful not to risk too much, because Formula One is my real job. But I love the challenge of adapting to rallying," added the 25-year-old.

Not including the McLaren, Red Bull and Ferrari drivers, Kubica is the highest placed driver in the 2010 drivers' championship.

link:
http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=385561