The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
RagingJamaican
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by RagingJamaican » 23 Jun 2010, 22:39

Is this becoming more of a feminine thread and how they love Kimi? I was going to contribute, but i don't fancy Kimi :p But he is the man! Sorry for the rant

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Off-topic thread for rally fans

Post by luieluv » 24 Jun 2010, 01:32

congratulations wolfie. You Deserved it.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 24 Jun 2010, 03:01

Wolfie wrote:If you wonder what we mean with Matti and Mervi who are Kimi's close friends, here's a quite typical picture of them after a fight:

They just fight a lot, I don't know how many times they have broken up but everybody knows that they will get back together sooner or later :blush:
they are perfect to each other... :blink:

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 24 Jun 2010, 03:34

Thanks a lot for translating everything for us Leijona!!! :hug:
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 24 Jun 2010, 03:34

Wolfie wrote:
Julia wrote:wow, just found this:

http://www.iltalehti.fi/ralli/201006231 ... um=twitter

did I understand correctly that there is going to be a comprehensive Kimi package in tomorrows paper????!!!

Can somebody maybe by the paper? Are we in for a treat :pray:
Yes Julia, you understood it right, it's in the papers tomorrow :shhh:

Now we are searching for Kimi behind the media image: 'He is absolutely not a quiet guy'

Keskiviikko 23.6.2010 klo 23.13

Kimi Räikkönen is a prisoner of his reputation.

Distant, ice cold and uninterested or funny, relaxed and social?

Perhaps a bit distant, in no way ice cold.

Definitely funny and talkative.

After several calls Kimi Räikkönen's persona starts taking shape.

We got an unusually truthful picture of Kimi Räikkönen in the latest DNA-commercial where a man wearing a hoodie makes fun of himself, smiles a lot - and talks only after the press conference is over.

He really talks like a pot full of beans.

- The media image isn't right in his case. He is in no way a quiet guy, Kaitsu assures.

- There are two different worlds. Those who know him talk about a completely different Kimi than those who don't know him, Heikki Kulta from Turun sanomat says.

What do others who know Kimi tell about the superstar's relationship with the media - and what does Kimi himself think? Read more.
Thanks to you too Nikki!!! :hug:

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 24 Jun 2010, 03:35

Wolfie wrote:Ludy, fireworks yes, when the Brazilian partner gets worked up over something :lol:
:lol: :lol:

marrie17
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by marrie17 » 24 Jun 2010, 04:03

Congratulations for being the moderator Wolfie! you are the right person for it!

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 24 Jun 2010, 07:03

RagingJamaican wrote:Is this becoming more of a feminine thread and how they love Kimi? I was going to contribute, but i don't fancy Kimi :p But he is the man! Sorry for the rant
It is pretty estrogene heave around here most days! :zz: But hey, at least they're not man hating :lol:
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 24 Jun 2010, 07:12

Wolfie wrote:Thanks a million, Leijona :hug:

But but but .... why hasn't there been any news about REISKA :<>:

Anyone know anything about this dog with the 'ah so lovely' Finnish name :lol:
Last year before Spa Kimi said they have three dogs.
Pepi had pups two years ago. Reiska is probably one of them.
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 24 Jun 2010, 07:35

Leijona wrote:Here's the translation of the Seiska article (paper edition).. it has a lot of nice pictures of Kimi taken exclusively by Seiska, e.g. when he's posing in his backyard, in the harbour, or sitting in a café. I don't have access to a scanner today, but MAYBE tomorrow. If I can't scan it, I hope someone else can??
Kimi has lived in Switzerland already for 10 years

HERE'S MY HOME SCENERY [picture of Kimi at his backyard]

- We searched for years for an unbuilt property until we found a completely move-in ready Villa Butterfly, Kimi Räikkönen introduced.

How embarrasing! Seiska's reporter was late for the interview because of a break-problem in the airplane and because of missing luggage. F1-champion and WRC-driver Kimi Räikkönen had to wait 2,5 hours for the interview to begin and arranged his already tight schedule again.
- No worries, things happen, Kimi comforted and noted that because of such roadblocks he often resorts to rent a private plane.
- I usually do my Middle-Europe trips with the car. Last night I rented this Ford from Austria where I had a TV-shoot and I drove 500km home. Tomorrow I will leave for a 400km trip with my co-driver Kaj and with my friends to Genova, where I will try to drive on tarmac for the first time, Kimi told while he was showing the beautiful scenery of his homecountry.

Abroad his whole adulthood

Kimi, who celebrated his 30th birthday last fall, moved away from Finland already before he turned 18.

First he lived in Holland, then for 1,5 years in England. He did however finish the army in his native country where he still has couple aparments.

In Switzerland he has lived permanently for over ten years and he doesn't plan to move away. In Finland he visits a couple of times a year to greet his friends and family.
-It's nice to visit Finland but there isn't enough to do to make me stay and live there, the speed-rascal noted.

Here you don't hear karaoke!

Kimi lives 30km from Zürich in the village of Baar where he moved with his wife Jenni a year ago from Wollerau.
-We searched for about 5 years for a property where we could build our own house. Then we found Villa Butterfly which was ready for move-in and had a name too.

The stylish, beautifully furnished home is situated on a hillside of a small village, where is amazing view to the Zug lake and the Alps behind it. The scenery from the living room is like work of art no matter what the weather is.
-Although there is a short distance to the clubs in Zürich, I don't visit them often. I like to scour the cafés and bars of the small towns of Switzerland more. I haven't found any karaoke places from here, Kimi smirked.

MY FRIENDS LEND MY HOLIDAY-HOME!

Many people imagine Switzerland as the neat paradise of happy and rich people. Kimi tells however, that the country has many problems including the living politics.
-You can own your house but the property where your home stands belongs nearly always to the government!

The suidice rates confuses Kimi

-In Zürich there is also a very bad drug-problem. I was also surprised to read some time ago that the Swiss people do suicides nearly as much as Finns, Kimi wondered.

The statistics of WHO from 2008 tell that Switzerland has risen after the millenium to the 17th spot, while Finland has fallen to the 14th position. In Switzerland most of the suicides are done by elderly people.

Three dogs as company

In Kimi's garage the attention is fixed to two beauties, which stand beside each other looking like their abandoned. Iceman I and Iceman II are motorcycles customized by German Walz Hardcore Cycles, which Kimi got a few years ago and has been driving them a couple of times to the races in Middle-Europe. The bikes have also been the attraction in Helsinki's American Car Show.
- I haven't used the motorcycles lately since it is boring to drive alone no matter how interesting the roads are, Kimi confessed.

Although Kimi doesn't have proper driving-company, he doesn't suffer from loneliness. The doors of Villa Butterfly are open for friends, who willingly travel to accompany him in different racing venues.

Kimi also gives open-handedly the keys to his friends, who want to have a vacation for example in his villa in Phuket.
-I have been there only once. I should probably travel to Thailand again but isn't there pretty uncomfortable heat right now?

Kimi and Jenni also have three dogs as their company, a German Shepherd Ajax and Jack Russel terriers Peppi and Reiska, who travel easily between the two home countries.

THERE ARE FRACTURES IN MY SPINE!

Kimi's first rally-season has been very ascending and will be stay in the history of sport, since Räikkönen is only the second F1-driver in the worlds who has also in WRC-rally reached for points. The man tells that he enjoys himself in Red Bull because of the professional and relaxed atmosphere of the team.

I don't follow F1 actively

Kimi plays down his achievements in rally contrary to the people who know the rally-world, who say Räikkönen is a exceptional talent behind any wheel.

Kimi hasn't followed the F1-races actively, just like many other Finns either, after the Iceman was out of the picture.
-Although I was in Monaco during the race, I only glanced the happenings from the TV. I didn't go to the paddock even once.

Of course Kimi has his F1-favourites.
-I want Red Bull to win and it would be great if Sebastien Vettel would become world champion, Kimi hopes for his friend who was fifth after the Canadian GP.

Spinal disc herniation an annoyance for Kimi

The beginning of Kimi's racing-season was painful, since an old spinal disc herniation started to remind of itself.
-There are hairline capillary cracks on my vertebra. They have originated from my several different crashes during the ten years.

Kimi fortunately got into a new kind of laser-treatment in Strasbourg, France, and he wasn't operated but the liquid which had build up in the distention was sucked with a needle which made the pressure on the nerves loosen.
- I will have to go to a 2-hour operation once more and after that I have to be more relaxed for couple of weeks.

I LOST MY DRIVING LICENSE!

Kimi keeps his muscular strenght up daily. There is a well-equipped gym in his Switzerland home. He also likes to drive different kinds of water-vehicles.

People who know Kimi have said many times that if he wouldn't have chosen motorsport as his sport, he would have been a hardcore ice hockey player.

Ice hockey is a very dear sport to Kimi and he has many friends who are NHL-stars.

An ice-hockey hall in the neighbourhood

Kimi wanted to show the reporter the big pride of his home region, the EV Zug ice rink, which will be opened to the public in August. The assistant coach is Waltter Immonen and there are many other Finns seen on the ice.
-Soon I will be able to play ice-hockey here with my old buddies!

To Finland in July

The worldchampion zigzags in the Swiss traffic calmly and safely - occassionally he remarks about the interesting lane switches of other drivers just like Finns usually do. Only the parallel parking which is inches from the car's plates makes the people in the car babble.
- The police are too strict in traffic in this country. The speed limits are the same as in Finland and violation-customs are similar too. If you get three speeding tickets you will loose your driving license for a month. This happened to me a couple of years ago, Kimi revealed.

Kimi's next rally-contest is in Bulgay on 9.-11th of July and in Finland's rally-paths the man will drive at the end of July. After the interview he was fantasticly places 2nd in Italy's rally.
Awesome! Thx! :)
Reiska? :blink: A new dog? Since when? Pics, please!

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 24 Jun 2010, 07:38

Leijona wrote:Here are some of the comments beside the pictures:

[Picture of Kimi at his backyard] Kimi lives in the German-speaking region of Switzerland, in Zug canton. -I understand a few words of German. In my home region I can get along with English, Kimi told.

[Kimi and backyard] - I can go around freely in Switzerland and I'm not recognized here like in Finland. The neighbours are not too nosy either, Kimi explained at the backyard of Villa Butterfly.

[Picture of the Switzerland-home] Villa Butterfly got its name already from its previous owner. The gorgeous house has i.a. inside and outside swimming pools, a gym and a movie theatre.

[Kimi and Mercedes] Kimi was cruising with a rare Mercedes Benz CLK DTM-car in Helsinki still two years ago.

[Kimi at harbour] Kimi has a possibility for watersport in his home-lake. - I like to cruise with jet skis with my friends.

[Kimi's yacht] Kimi won't bring the Iceman-yacht he got a year ago to Finland. At the moment it is anchored at the yacht-harbour in Monte Carlo. - I might spend the Midsummer (Days) there because Jenni has a horserace there at that time.

[Kimi playing golf] -In Switzerland and in the neighbouring countries you can find fantastic golf courses. I enjoy myself better at the greens than at the ski slops in the Alps. The picture is from Monaco in 2003.

[Kimi sitting at a café] - I don't bother to go to bigger towns. I rather visit a café in smaller villages. One of my favourite places is a marina beside a lake in Zürich and its restaurant Searose.

[Kimi and reporter at café] Kimi was okay with driving Seiska's reporter, who was hours late from the unusual interview, around. -No worries! I don't have nothing else to do and why would I sit at home all the time, the man laughed.

[Kimi at the ice rink] - This new ice-hockey hall reminds me of the home rink of Espoo Blues. In the fall I will be able to test the ice with the guys, Kimi introduced the arena in Zug.

[Kimi and Kaj] The Red Bull driver Kimi and co-driver Kaj Lindström are friends also outside the racing-tracks. - We do long hours together so you have to get along and you can't lose your temper because of irrelevant issues.
Awww....I'd really like to see those piccies! :pray:

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 24 Jun 2010, 07:44

Wolfie wrote:
Julia wrote:wow, just found this:

http://www.iltalehti.fi/ralli/201006231 ... um=twitter

did I understand correctly that there is going to be a comprehensive Kimi package in tomorrows paper????!!!

Can somebody maybe by the paper? Are we in for a treat :pray:
Yes Julia, you understood it right, it's in the papers tomorrow :shhh:

Now we are searching for Kimi behind the media image: 'He is absolutely not a quiet guy'

Keskiviikko 23.6.2010 klo 23.13

Kimi Räikkönen is a prisoner of his reputation.

Distant, ice cold and uninterested or funny, relaxed and social?

Perhaps a bit distant, in no way ice cold.

Definitely funny and talkative.

After several calls Kimi Räikkönen's persona starts taking shape.

We got an unusually truthful picture of Kimi Räikkönen in the latest DNA-commercial where a man wearing a hoodie makes fun of himself, smiles a lot - and talks only after the press conference is over.

He really talks like a pot full of beans.

- The media image isn't right in his case. He is in no way a quiet guy, Kaitsu assures.

- There are two different worlds. Those who know him talk about a completely different Kimi than those who don't know him, Heikki Kulta from Turun sanomat says.

What do others who know Kimi tell about the superstar's relationship with the media - and what does Kimi himself think? Read more.
:shhh: Thx!

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 24 Jun 2010, 08:04

Dracaena wrote: But of course Seiska had to be Seiska even though they got such a nice interview with Kimi. The small headline on the cover "Kortti hyllyllä!" basically means "Lost his driving license!". So now everybody will think that he was driving drunk and lost his license :roll::.
That reminded me an old story. A few years ago Kimi sued a paper that claimed he lost his driving license in Hungary because he drove drunk.
As it turned out, it wasn't the Police that took it, he lost it quite literally! He probably wasn't perfectly sober either since it happened on the Red Bull afterparty. It was a pretty silly thing, but not as much as drunk driving would be. I just hope he never does that
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 24 Jun 2010, 08:14

He certainly would not have a need to. He could call in a plane to take him home if need be!

Now it WOULD be funny seeing his mug shot with him wearing the gorilla suit!
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 24 Jun 2010, 08:23

Dracaena wrote: I think that Kimi was a big fan of Matti as a kid and that's why he originally wanted to hang out with him. Matti is a skijumping legend even though it's easy to forget that when you look at him these days :(. But I guess since Kimi still spends time with Matti and Mervi (after once meeting them) they can't be that bad. Or maybe Kimi is just open-minded enough to be friends with old drunken lunatics :). Maybe that was a bit mean, the drunken lunatic bit I mean. They're just the typical middle-aged Finnish couple, arent they :p...
I guess they're not always drunken lunatics, and if Kimi likes them, they're probably anything but typical :)