The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Off-topic thread for rally fans

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 23 Jun 2010, 09:09

Congrats Wolfie :hug: You deserve it :cool: Will be nice to you all the time :lol:

Moomin: Love your pics ... you are a lovely family!! :blush: And no way you´re not fat :)
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by beefree88 » 23 Jun 2010, 09:20

Julia wrote:
apple wrote:7 päivää magazine claims Kimi Räikkönen will have another surgery to his spine. He has swallen discs in his back that has been operated before in France,Strassbourg. It was a new kind of operation where the laser needle took liquid out of his disc. He will have to rest few weeks after operation. During his 10 years career in F1 he has been having a small fractures to his vertebras due to his accidents.
isn't this old news? I mean the laser operation they talk about is the one he was on before Mexico and if I remembered correctly he said already then that he probably needs one more but he goes to it when he has more time (I read off season) If the back would be very bad he would have gone to the operation between turkey and Portugal when he definitely had a long enough break between the races. So I have a feeling the tabloid is blowing up things i bit...
That was only five weeks, and he has to take 6 weeks rest after the operation. I see no mention of urgency in what Apple quoted
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

kracer
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by kracer » 23 Jun 2010, 10:26

Hello everyone!

Haven't been in here for quite some time so I have so much reading to do. :zz:

I hope that the operation they are talking about was the old one and that he doesn't have to go through another one. If he does, I hope it's just a laser procedure and that it doesn't affect his driving. :fear:

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 23 Jun 2010, 10:50

Havent seen the paper edition but I got the impression Kimi is going to have another surgery when he has time to rest . The news is implying the back is bothering him.

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 23 Jun 2010, 10:55

kracer wrote:Hello everyone!

I hope that the operation they are talking about was the old one and that he doesn't have to go through another one. If he does, I hope it's just a laser procedure and that it doesn't affect his driving. :fear:
:wave: Wow, long time no see :hug:

luviceman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by luviceman » 23 Jun 2010, 11:21

apple wrote:Havent seen the paper edition but I got the impression Kimi is going to have another surgery when he has time to rest . The news is implying the back is bothering him.
how bad is it? :confused: nobody knows except Kimi...yeah no doubt... :(
hope everything will be well on him :pray:

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 23 Jun 2010, 11:50

Acropolis wrote:
Maria d wrote:
Acropolis wrote:Maria, how's the weather in NY? did it start to be hot and humid?
oh yes,very hot and humid, i had to cut the lawn and garden today. worked up a big sweat, but thats good, cause now i can have more ice cream. :lol:
My baby is coming to NY. It will be her second time but she was very young the first time.....
In a way I just hope she will like it, I would like her to do postgraduate there...She thinks it's too far, even if we have such close friends there, she would feel at home....I wish I could come too, but I have this new dog (the one I found injured a couple of months ago) and don't want to leave him alone yet...He is still insecure...Perhaps talking to you stirred up memories and I suddenly want to visit NY....It wouldn't be too expensive since I have a place to stay and free ticket....Oh welll, perhaps in the fall.... :confused:
what school does she want to attend? its great to visit NY, but to live here is getting harder and harder, my hubby and i were talking last night about leaving in a few years after my son graduates and gets his own place. they are taxing us out of the very place we grew up in.when was the last time that you were here?
i want to move to Finland , he wants to move to Montana. :lol: anyway both places have the Northern lights , now we just have low flying helicopters :lol:

ish- good to see you back! good luck with the job interview.
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 23 Jun 2010, 12:03

@ Maria
She doesn't want to study in NY, I want her to....( ha ha ha, all parents are the same)
I don't push her however, I just would like her to like it there now that she visits for pleasure....
Now Columbia or Princeton would be ok for me....she doesn't share my feelings( :lol: :lol: )
Actually I just want her to be happy...
I agree with you, Finland would be great to move to....now about their language I don't know...it is totally different to latin based languages I think...
I tried to find Finnish lessons here. They have at the University and then private...I didn't dare yet...

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 23 Jun 2010, 12:07

Ish,hi!!!!
Good luck with your interview!
Great to see you're fine :hug: :hug:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 23 Jun 2010, 12:48

ish678 wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
Maria d wrote:wolfie good to read your posts, glad your avatar is back too.
Hi Maria, Iceman1 asked me what happened so it wasn't his fault afterall, the avatar just disappeared - lol

@ Momo, I couldn't see anything :huh:
Linda-Anne wrote:Love the video Nikki, I too love this period in time and have all the Jane Austin books. My prefered period in time has to be Georgian and regency England. Everything I am attracted to comes from this period in time especially the 1780's to 1810. I have had an inexplainable interest boardering on a passion for Nelson and naval history since I was 7 years old. Walked into a bookstore when I was on holiday in Cornwall and spent all my holiday money on a huge book about sea battles and Nelson in particular. Where did that come from I wonder. ?!!
Have you raed Jane Ayre its onother wonderful story as is Wuthering Heights. Seems it would be wonderful to go back in time and live their lives but they had hard times too. I am off now to read Ludy's interview.
Oi, we must be soul sisters then, Linda :hug:

Jane Eyre, sigh, I've read the 800-page book about 20 times... Love the moral questions the book raises, for example when Jane Eyre left Mr. Rochester... it was heartbreaking and I tried to find a way around it many times, still do as a matter of fact, but in the end she did the right thing even if she broke her's and Mr. Rochester's heart, what a shock it was but the only concolation was that there was still hundreds of pages left :pray:

What would you had done in the same situation, Linda? Would you have stayed with Mr. Rochester or not?
Sorry to go back and quote something from a while ago, but I just had to chime in on the Jane Austen/classics talk...I, too am a huge fan of many of the classic books as well. In fact, I wrote my dissertation/thesis at university about 4 of the classics including Jane Eyre and Sense and Sensibility :) I have to say though, I'm not the biggest fan of Jane Eyre - I just didn't warm to the story as much as some of the others. I love Persuasion though - a severely underrated Jane Austen story in my opinion :)
Wow, you wrote your thesis about Jane Eyre and Sense and Sensibility :S

Which other books?

Anyone here read books from Hall Caine?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hall_Caine

"The woman Thou gavest me" - that is such a book that I almost remember it line by line :blush:

Ish, about the job interview, here's one thing that might be worth trying: Whenever I went for a job interview I decided beforehand that it's my job and it's for me to decide whether to take it or not - it worked every time ;)
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 23 Jun 2010, 12:59

@ Wolfie
It 's nice to see that you visit more often lately during the day...
More relaxed with work I suppose....

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 23 Jun 2010, 13:17

Acropolis wrote:
Maria d wrote:
Acropolis wrote:Maria, how's the weather in NY? did it start to be hot and humid?
oh yes,very hot and humid, i had to cut the lawn and garden today. worked up a big sweat, but thats good, cause now i can have more ice cream. :lol:
My baby is coming to NY. It will be her second time but she was very young the first time.....
In a way I just hope she will like it, I would like her to do postgraduate there...She thinks it's too far, even if we have such close friends there, she would feel at home....I wish I could come too, but I have this new dog (the one I found injured a couple of months ago) and don't want to leave him alone yet...He is still insecure...Perhaps talking to you stirred up memories and I suddenly want to visit NY....It wouldn't be too expensive since I have a place to stay and free ticket....Oh welll, perhaps in the fall.... :confused:
its so nice to hear that you took in a stay and injured dog, hope the dog recovers fully.

. we love animals too.we have 3 dogs and 3 cats , all but one are rescue animals.
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 23 Jun 2010, 15:47

Wolfie wrote:
Ice-Ludy wrote: Oi Nikki!!! No problem dear!!! I am not mad, sad or anything!!! :lol: Caopeira it's really cool! I had friends in college who used to dance it. It's pretty popular here! :thumbsup:

BTW Nikki, congrats for being a moderator now!!! You deserved it!!! :shhh:
Capoeira is really cool, beautiful dance where each step is vital when they dance as a group, martial art as it is - and those Finns who are married to Brazilian men, phew what fireworks :E

It's a pleasure in itself to listen them tell about their everyday life :lol:
Yes, it is!!! My friends who used to dance really loved it!! You defined perfectly "ach step is vital when they dance as a group". :thumbsup:

Fireworks?! :lol: :lol:
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 23 Jun 2010, 15:49

Kriss wrote:
kracer wrote:Hello everyone!

:wave: Wow, long time no see :hug:
Hi Pauline!!! How are you? How is your dad?

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 23 Jun 2010, 15:53

apple wrote:Havent seen the paper edition but I got the impression Kimi is going to have another surgery when he has time to rest . The news is implying the back is bothering him.
Again!? :confused: Oh this back.... Take care Kimi!!!! :pray: I hope he can be ok once and for all after this new surgery!!! :O

Thanks for the news Apple! :O