"The Other Side of Kimi Räikkönen"- Fan Thread

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: "The Other Side of Kimi Räikkönen"- Fan Thread

Post by Wolfie » 22 Jun 2010, 11:30

redstorm wrote:You ladies don't hold your men to the expectations of the Kimster do you? Poor guys won't be able to cut it!
:lol:

Actually I've been wondering about the same thing for some time already ''hmm''

Count me out though, Kimi is too 'Finnish' to me - but I did drool over his long hair :drool:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 22 Jun 2010, 14:56

Just glad my wife isn't interested in sports at all. Wouldn't want her to end up like some of you wonderful ladies! =)
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 22 Jun 2010, 15:04

LadyR wrote:Some of lil Kimi shots! :)

10 minutes after taking this picture Kimi was asked:
Martin Brundle: Kimi, you missed the presentation by Pele....
Kimi: I was having shi.t :rofl:

I know it is an old joke, but couldn't resist :)

For those who missed the real stuff:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0249091563#
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 22 Jun 2010, 15:12

Bravissimo!!!
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 22 Jun 2010, 15:35

red you bring up a good point, i wish my hubby would watch or even be interested in racing. i hate being the only female in the group who loves racing,its great that this place is here where there are a majority of us ladies who love racing.
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 22 Jun 2010, 16:48

Maria d wrote:red you bring up a good point, i wish my hubby would watch or even be interested in racing. i hate being the only female in the group who loves racing,its great that this place is here where there are a majority of us ladies who love racing.
Ah, you too Maria :S

Even my male friends aren't into motorsport :<>:

It takes every ounce of my strenght not to talk about Kimi, F1 and WRC when being at someone's birthday for example - then someone asks a simple question and it all comes out - people get this glazing look in their eyes while pretending to listen :lol:

But but but, it's not that simple, you can't just say one thing without telling everything related to it, right :confused:

KIMBO1
kart driver
kart driver

Post by KIMBO1 » 22 Jun 2010, 16:49

Have to admit it was my husband that got me interested in F1, at first I thought it rather boring but as everying had to stop when the racing was on I eventually joined him. He was a very big fan of Mikka's and several drivers before him but did not like MS at all. Sadly he didnt really see Kimi race much as he died of Leukaemia early in 2003 but I know he would have loved him - not in the same way as me :n perhap - but it would have been nice to share the thrill of seeing Kimi race together.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 22 Jun 2010, 16:54

KIMBO1 wrote:Have to admit it was my husband that got me interested in F1, at first I thought it rather boring but as everying had to stop when the racing was on I eventually joined him. He was a very big fan of Mikka's and several drivers before him but did not like MS at all. Sadly he didnt really see Kimi race much as he died of Leukaemia early in 2003 but I know he would have loved him - not in the same way as me :n perhap - but it would have been nice to share the thrill of seeing Kimi race together.
Oh, so sorry to hear that Kimbo1, life hasn't been easy on you :hug:

But I do get that 'everything had to stop when the racing was on' :lol:

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 22 Jun 2010, 17:20

so sorry KIMBO1 to hear about your husband, glad that you had the races together.

nicole, my friends know better not to "start me up". it takes all that i have not to go over the limit,iam sorry some guys around here(NY) dont like a female who knows a lot about motor sports.i have a few male friends who are just as passionate as i am , i love talking to them.

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 22 Jun 2010, 17:45

So Sorry to hear that Kimbo1, we all have our burden to carry, dont we. :hug:
My hubby doesnt really watch F1 , he just makes sharp remarks while I am jumping in my chair and throwing things....well, not anymore as Kimi isnt there. But its actually very refreshing to hear someone so critical and nowadays I am able to watch F1 much more neutral way and can take my hubbys comments a little more relaxed than before.. :zz:

KIMBO1
kart driver
kart driver

Post by KIMBO1 » 22 Jun 2010, 20:21

Thanks for your kind words :hug: but it is one of those things we cannot change alas.

Looking on the brightside, it was because of my husbands interest that I realised just how great Kimi was (in more ways than one :n )and have been able to follow him throughout his career in F1 and now in rallying. I come on here to read the latest news about Kimi and am never disappointed, also to see the lovely photographs of him brightens my day. To know that he can be discussed without the bitterness that I have seen on several other Forums makes such a difference - you are all very special - thank you Diane :hug:

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 23 Jun 2010, 09:23

Ice-Ludy wrote:
Vida wrote:
LadyR wrote: Image
i want this hair to return... he looks drop dead gorgeous :drool: :drool:
This picture is so sweet!!!! :roll::
Oh my oh my this pic is sooo awesome :blush: I meanna he looks hot nowadays but at this pic he looks even hotter :drool:
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

kracer
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by kracer » 23 Jun 2010, 10:34

OMG! What a pic! :drool:

@KIMBO1 - So sorry to hear about your husband KIMBO1. I'm glad that you have been able to move on. Just keep all the good memories in your heart to brighten up your day when you are down.

Maria and Nikki , I'm in the same boat as you! Most of my male friends (and even my family) are not into motor racing as much as me. At first they are interested and then after awhile I can see it when they start to get bored.

However, I have also found some of my friends who I didn't realize are into F1!

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 23 Jun 2010, 12:52

kracer wrote:OMG! What a pic! :drool:

@KIMBO1 - So sorry to hear about your husband KIMBO1. I'm glad that you have been able to move on. Just keep all the good memories in your heart to brighten up your day when you are down.

Maria and Nikki , I'm in the same boat as you! Most of my male friends (and even my family) are not into motor racing as much as me. At first they are interested and then after awhile I can see it when they start to get bored.

However, I have also found some of my friends who I didn't realize are into F1!
Hi Pauline, long time no see :hug:

Have you ever experienced when a man tries to make an impression on you and you talk about F1 and they fake that they are soooo into F1 even though they haven't watched a race in years :lol:

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 23 Jun 2010, 13:05

Nicole , what do you do then, blow him away with your knowledge of racing.......or play dumb?? oh the games we women must play :lol:
i dont think your the type to compromise your knowledge and passion for racing.