2010-11 Silly Season

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Mitsuro Sano
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: 2010-11 Silly Season

Post by Mitsuro Sano » 21 Jun 2010, 11:38

Zack wrote:
iceman1 wrote:
Nick heidfeld wrote: The 33-year-old said recently he wants to be back on the F1 grid in 2011 because “I feel too young for DTM or for taking part in Le Mans”.
Now that is what icall 'the Famous quote'... :rofl:
Heidfeld too young for taking part in Le Mans, but he is older than when he raced at Le Mans with the famous CLR :lol:

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 22 Jun 2010, 16:50

Liuzzi says he has a 2011 contract with Force India

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 22 Jun 2010, 21:06

Expecting Sutil to move, probably Renault.
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

R.?
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by R.? » 23 Jun 2010, 10:51

I don't think so. He has said that he wants to stay at Force India. So I think he and Liuzzi wil be driving for that team, next year. To be honest, I expect Renault and Toro Rosso to keep the same line up as well. So that leaves only Sauber and the new teams.

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 23 Jun 2010, 11:06

I fully expect Paul Di Resta there next season, he's been quick in testing and in the odd practice session and I don't see both drivers lasting for next season, as Sutil may be off to a different team (Williams or Renault possibly) and Liuzzi may not be performing well enough to keep his job, though I think it would be harsh to do that on his current performances.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 23 Jun 2010, 19:33

Liuzzi dreams of a McLaren seat :p
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 25 Jun 2010, 15:27

Kubica to replace Schumacher in 2011?
(GMM) According to an Italian website, Mercedes wants to secure the services of Polish driver Robert Kubica.

Omnicorse.it claims that on Friday in the Valencia paddock, a member of the German team made an offer to accommodate Kubica, 25, in 2011.

Kubica currently drives for Renault, and it had been expected he would remain with the team after Ferrari re-signed Felipe Massa for next year.

But Omnicorse said it is possible Kubica will replace Michael Schumacher at Mercedes, even though the seven time world champion has a three year contract.

According to the rumour, Kubica is being offered a generous retainer for three years, including the option of a further two-year deal.

The report follows hot on the heels of stinging criticism of Schumacher’s lacklustre return to F1 this year after a three-year retirement.

“From inside the team we see things in a totally different perspective,” chief executive Nick Fry said in response to the criticism.

“We’re very comfortable with Michael’s performance and I can’t see any reason why he won’t come good.”
Yeah Bring him in :D

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 25 Jun 2010, 16:59

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 25 Jun 2010, 17:15

Italian website
:lol:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 29 Jun 2010, 08:56

iceman1 wrote:Kubica to replace Schumacher in 2011?
(GMM) According to an Italian website, Mercedes wants to secure the services of Polish driver Robert Kubica.

Omnicorse.it claims that on Friday in the Valencia paddock, a member of the German team made an offer to accommodate Kubica, 25, in 2011.

Kubica currently drives for Renault, and it had been expected he would remain with the team after Ferrari re-signed Felipe Massa for next year.

But Omnicorse said it is possible Kubica will replace Michael Schumacher at Mercedes, even though the seven time world champion has a three year contract.

According to the rumour, Kubica is being offered a generous retainer for three years, including the option of a further two-year deal.

The report follows hot on the heels of stinging criticism of Schumacher’s lacklustre return to F1 this year after a three-year retirement.

“From inside the team we see things in a totally different perspective,” chief executive Nick Fry said in response to the criticism.

“We’re very comfortable with Michael’s performance and I can’t see any reason why he won’t come good.”
Yeah Bring him in :D
The rumours changed again, sigh!

GP Week tells that Robert Kubica is aiming for Red Bull.

- I will make my own decisions very soon. After that the situation is clear, Kubica told in Valencia.

- We are not concentrating on next year, we are concentrating on year 2012, Kubica's manager Daniele Morelli said.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 29 Jun 2010, 11:42

Wolfie wrote:
The rumours changed again, sigh!

GP Week tells that Robert Kubica is aiming for Red Bull.

- I will make my own decisions very soon. After that the situation is clear, Kubica told in Valencia.

- We are not concentrating on next year, we are concentrating on year 2012, Kubica's manager Daniele Morelli said.
Kubica will stay at Renault for 2011. He can't go to Red Bull next year anyway. (Aren't both drivers signed for next season yet ?) When he stays to be a regular points scorer he'll go to Red Bull in '12. And then Webber will go to Renault. As Renault is Red Bull's engine supplier this looks most obvious to me.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 29 Jun 2010, 16:01

RBR would be stupid to get rid of either driver, they're both flying at the moment - particularly Webber

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 29 Jun 2010, 16:06

Forgot about one man in my previous post : Kimi Raikkonen.

Kubica ready to commit to Renault
Spoiler:
By Jonathan Noble Tuesday, June 29th 2010, 11:29 GMT

Robert Kubica is ready to commit his long term future to Renault, AUTOSPORT has learned, as long as the team can prove it has the finances and technical capability to fight for the world championship.

With the Pole having opened talks with the team about extending his contract with it, sources have revealed that Kubica is seeking guarantees that the outfit will have the money in place that it will need to take on rivals for title glory over the next few years.

Kubica is well aware that Renault had to consider sponsorship issues in its choice of a second driver for this season - opting for Vitaly Petrov because of the commercial benefit of the Russian's involvement.

However, with sources suggesting a major title sponsorship deal is on the verge of being signed - with team insiders confirming talks with credit card company MasterCard - the team's financial situation could be much improved.

In fact, AUTOSPORT understands that the team is so bullish about its financial prospects that team owner Gerard Lopez has informed senior figures inside the team that he may sound out Kimi Raikkonen in the next few months about whether the Finn is interested in a return to F1 with Renault.

Kubica has insisted that he is not spending too much time worrying about his future at the moment - with it certain he will remain next season - but the financial platform going forward will be key to him opting for a single year deal or committing himself beyond that.

Renault team principal Eric Boullier has confirmed that the outfit's main task is to convince the Polish driver that it has the money to achieve its title targets.

"We definitely want him and we have spoken - and it is up to us to show that we have the ambition and the means to be ambitious," he said. "If we do that, then I am sure he will stay. If he doesn't want to stay then he will leave, it is as simple as that."

Boullier said he was not unduly concerned about rival teams chasing Kubica - after a weekend when speculation linking him with Mercedes GP was dismissed.

"Robert is one of the very highly ranked drivers but, because his contract is supposed to end this year, he has become attractive," said Boullier. "It's normal."

Code: Select all

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84889
3 options then :

Kimi returns and 2011's Renault line-up will be Robert Kubica and Kimi Raikkonen
or
Kimi doesn't get enough icecr...uhmm...money, Vitaly and Robert stay
or
Kimi doesn't get enough money, Vitaly stays... Robert goes to another team. Althought for 2011 it'll probably stay similar to this year as almost all teams that want Kubica already have drivers under contract for next year (Mercedes,Red Bull,Ferrari)

Also, Renault in talks with MasterCard ? Sounds good.

R.?
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by R.? » 29 Jun 2010, 21:09

I think Renault will stay with Kubica and Petrov. Kubica is doing a great job, the car is good, so why should he move? Or even more important, where should he go? All the seats in the topteams are gone. His best option is Renault. And Petrov is doing quite a good job as well. I expect Renault to keep him. He is a rookie in F1 and needs time to develop himself. It would be stupid not too keep him and to have another team profit from his experience. Experience that he earned at Renault. So I think for Renault it is the best to keep him.

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 30 Jun 2010, 08:42

R.? wrote:I think Renault will stay with Kubica and Petrov. Kubica is doing a great job, the car is good, so why should he move? Or even more important, where should he go? All the seats in the topteams are gone. His best option is Renault. And Petrov is doing quite a good job as well. I expect Renault to keep him. He is a rookie in F1 and needs time to develop himself. It would be stupid not too keep him and to have another team profit from his experience. Experience that he earned at Renault. So I think for Renault it is the best to keep him.
... And Petrov's money is highly needed too.