Kubi and his rallies

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Kubi and his rallies

Post by Wolfie » 21 Jun 2010, 16:35

Acropolis wrote:Because Kimi was wrong even when he took a breath!
:<>:

I could go on about this for a long time... One freaking ice cream and the team didn't even stand up for him, they were perfectly okay with the negativity it created!!! No wonder we fans are like lions protecting our boy since there aren't many in the public who stands up for him - except the lovable Leo Turrini, bless him :pray:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 21 Jun 2010, 16:37

Vida wrote:
saif wrote:Rally del Salento: Robert Kubica finishes P12 overall, fastest in his class!

kubi has a nice and cute car... i want to have one.. :lol:
It's cute, isn't it?

:lol:

On the forums the Kubica-fans are raging over Renault not giving him a WRC-car - they don't understand that it's way much easier to rally in a S2000-car than in a WRC-car that is a lot heavier and much more difficult to drive :O

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 21 Jun 2010, 16:57

very very cute...

well he is have a lot to learn before driving a wrc car right..?

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 22 Jun 2010, 05:08

Wolfie wrote:Thanks Momo :)

Okay, can't resist; why isn't Kubica bashed on forums for being unmotivated when taking part in rallies?

Not that it's my wish in any way, it's just that Kimi got a lot of heat for rallying during the F1-season :(
Exactly this double standard is what I was referring to earlier. Not just on forums, but in the press too, including pundits who should know better. Kimi got a lot of beating for things that suddenly are okay if others do them.
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 22 Jun 2010, 05:24

Wolfie wrote:
Acropolis wrote:Because Kimi was wrong even when he took a breath!
:<>:

I could go on about this for a long time... One freaking ice cream and the team didn't even stand up for him, they were perfectly okay with the negativity it created!!! No wonder we fans are like lions protecting our boy since there aren't many in the public who stands up for him - except the lovable Leo Turrini, bless him :pray:
Many don't understand why some of us are so crossed with Ferrari. I for one surely will never forget how they kept stabbing him in the back while he was loyal to them until the last moment. I'm pleasantly surprised that a journo so close to Ferrari still stands up for him, since most of their "get rid of Kimi" campaign was conducted through the media.

To bring this conversation back on topic, it's good to see that Renault apparently tries to do everything to please Kubi.
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 22 Jun 2010, 05:33

Wolfie wrote: On the forums the Kubica-fans are raging over Renault not giving him a WRC-car - they don't understand that it's way much easier to rally in a S2000-car than in a WRC-car that is a lot heavier and much more difficult to drive :O
Why they want him to drive a wrc car? It's not just harder to drive. It's also way harder to be compared to the best right away. He can get experience and build confidence without constantly facing comments like "he crashes too much" or "he's too slow".

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 22 Jun 2010, 06:06

beefree88 wrote: Many don't understand why some of us are so crossed with Ferrari. I for one surely will never forget how they kept stabbing him in the back while he was loyal to them until the last moment. I'm pleasantly surprised that a journo so close to Ferrari still stands up for him, since most of their "get rid of Kimi" campaign was conducted through the media.
+ 1!!!!!

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 22 Jun 2010, 06:33

momo wrote:
June 21, 2010, 11:15 am
Kubica Compares Rallying and Formula One
By BRAD SPURGEON

The Renault Formula One team provided a Q&A with Robert Kubica as part of its preview of the European Grand Prix this weekend.

http://www.renaultf1.com/Robert-Kubica- ... ml?lang=en

In one of the questions, Kubica was asked why he went rally racing in Italy over the weekend, since it was, after all, a weekend off between races. I liked his refreshing and interesting response, which compares Formula One driving to rally driving:

“I’m somebody who likes extra competition in what I do,” said Kubica. “It wasn’t actually my plan to go rallying during the season, but I had some problems when I competed last winter, so I had to do it more and it’s been going really well. What I love about it is that you always have a question mark in your mind: when you approach each corner, you never know what’s going to happen. In Formula 1, I can predict 80 or 90 percent of what will happen on each lap, but in rallying you can predict nothing. You go into the corner thinking ‘what the hell will happen now?’ That’s what I enjoy most.”
http://formulaone.blogs.nytimes.com/201 ... rmula-one/
thanks Momo :shhh:
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 22 Jun 2010, 08:29

beefree88 wrote:
Wolfie wrote: On the forums the Kubica-fans are raging over Renault not giving him a WRC-car - they don't understand that it's way much easier to rally in a S2000-car than in a WRC-car that is a lot heavier and much more difficult to drive :O
Why they want him to drive a wrc car? It's not just harder to drive. It's also way harder to be compared to the best right away. He can get experience and build confidence without constantly facing comments like "he crashes too much" or "he's too slow".
They probably think that since he has won his class he would also win the whole rally if he would drive a more powerful car but they don't know the difference between those cars and besides... next year everybody will drive a S2000-car so they should just be happy for Kubica doing so well :thumbsup:

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 22 Jun 2010, 09:38

No use wasting time on learning an obsolete machine. And don't call a mans car cute! Not his fault it's yellow.... Should have made it black like the F1 livery and leave some carbonfiber print on it. Now that would be a good looking car!
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 22 Jun 2010, 11:36

redstorm wrote:No use wasting time on learning an obsolete machine. And don't call a mans car cute! Not his fault it's yellow.... Should have made it black like the F1 livery and leave some carbonfiber print on it. Now that would be a good looking car!
But you have to admit that it looks like a Smart :lol:

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 22 Jun 2010, 14:14

That's not a car, that's a rollerskate. Those might work in Europe, or downtown NYC or LA, but those are death traps where I live. I laugh openly at any I see on the road here. Doesn't help that it's always the fat guy so it looks like a circus car!
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 22 Jun 2010, 14:28

i drive a 98 ford exploder and we have smart cars here, when i roll up to one it looks so tiny. they do have the last laugh when it comes to the gas pump.and for calling a mans car cute , i once called a mans harley cute,that didnt go over to well. :lol:
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 22 Jun 2010, 14:32

Don't call his car, his bike, or his.......... cute lol! I drive a civic to work, and you would swear you could park a Smart inside even that.
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 22 Jun 2010, 14:35

well the harley had tassels on the handlebars it was cute.the big biker,not so cute.
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen