Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Maria d » 16 Jun 2010, 23:10

redstorm wrote:[quote="Maria d]
nascar :lol: no one i could think of that would even come close, except Tony Stewart, but he is well past his prime.
Smoke would knock some heads in and is only about 100lbs overweight now........ Kyle Busch WOULD fit. He is friends with Speed so has an inside look at the way the show goes. He has repeatedly said he would have interest IF he wins a cup championship. Hope he wins one, he is a yank that would give em a run for their money in a decent car! :thumbsup: Flag:## :thumbsup:[/quote][/quote]
red i was thinking about what you said about Kyle fitting in with f1 your right, he would fit in and he has one thing going for him already,he has the same HUGE sunglasses as Kimi.
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 17 Jun 2010, 08:58

Citroen and Ford both are going to make four cars for next year...but big question in my mind isnt Kimi ,surprise, surprise..its Loeb. If he wins championship this year, will he continue in WRC next year? Thats why I am not worried about Kimi, he finds his place.

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 17 Jun 2010, 09:13

apple wrote:Citroen and Ford both are going to make four cars for next year...but big question in my mind isnt Kimi ,surprise, surprise..its Loeb. If he wins championship this year, will he continue in WRC next year? Thats why I am not worried about Kimi, he finds his place.
There is talk of that exact thing right now on another forum..... Something about a French newspaper saying talks with Peugoet and Loeb are already started and the door looks to be open if he wants it. What more could he want from rallying if he wins yet again? Loeb would be perfect in endurance racing seeing as thats what he does now in rallying!

Exit Loeb stage right, insert Raik stage left. Sounds very plausible and exiting to me! :n
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 17 Jun 2010, 10:45

F1: Teams bosses welcome 2011 driver market stability

By Auto123.com,
Thursday, June 17, 2010

From GMM

Formula one team bosses have backed the apparent stability in the 2011 driver market.

Usually at about the mid-point of each season, rumours about driver switches within the top five teams are becoming rampant.

But Red Bull and Ferrari have already locked in their current drivers for next year, while McLaren, Mercedes and Williams will almost certainly also field unchanged lineups. And Renault's Robert Kubica looks set to stay put.

"I think it is a perfect situation. I think the first five teams probably will have the same driver lineup next year and that's good for formula one and I think we will see some very good races," said Mercedes' Norbert Haug.

McLaren's Martin Whitmarsh added: "Clearly the driver market is more stable than it normally is."

And Red Bull team principal Christian Horner said: "I think most of the seats are fairly fixed going forwards, so I don't think there is going to be too much movement in the front half of the grid."
more or less it sums up for us Kimi fans. Kimi for 1st WRC win next year then.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 17 Jun 2010, 12:08

luieluv wrote:
I can live with that :O :thumbsup:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 17 Jun 2010, 19:21

Maria d wrote:
nascar :lol: no one i could think of that would even come close, except Tony Stewart, but he is well past his prime.
Smoke would knock some heads in and is only about 100lbs overweight now........ Kyle Busch WOULD fit. He is friends with Speed so has an inside look at the way the show goes. He has repeatedly said he would have interest IF he wins a cup championship. Hope he wins one, he is a yank that would give em a run for their money in a decent car! :thumbsup: Flag:## :thumbsup:
[/quote]
red i was thinking about what you said about Kyle fitting in with f1 your right, he would fit in and he has one thing going for him already,he has the same HUGE sunglasses as Kimi.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Maria and Redstorm, please continue your discussions, it's great to follow them :lol:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 17 Jun 2010, 19:22

redstorm wrote:
apple wrote:Citroen and Ford both are going to make four cars for next year...but big question in my mind isnt Kimi ,surprise, surprise..its Loeb. If he wins championship this year, will he continue in WRC next year? Thats why I am not worried about Kimi, he finds his place.
There is talk of that exact thing right now on another forum..... Something about a French newspaper saying talks with Peugoet and Loeb are already started and the door looks to be open if he wants it. What more could he want from rallying if he wins yet again? Loeb would be perfect in endurance racing seeing as thats what he does now in rallying!

Exit Loeb stage right, insert Raik stage left. Sounds very plausible and exiting to me! :n
Redstorm, you have a way with words :lol:

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 17 Jun 2010, 21:24

Wolfie wrote:
Maria d wrote:
Smoke would knock some heads in and is only about 100lbs overweight now........ Kyle Busch WOULD fit. He is friends with Speed so has an inside look at the way the show goes. He has repeatedly said he would have interest IF he wins a cup championship. Hope he wins one, he is a yank that would give em a run for their money in a decent car! :thumbsup: Flag:## :thumbsup:
red i was thinking about what you said about Kyle fitting in with f1 your right, he would fit in and he has one thing going for him already,he has the same HUGE sunglasses as Kimi.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Maria and Redstorm, please continue your discussions, it's great to follow them :lol:[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

I'll be good and run on over to "off topic" to play for now. Bit of interesting news.....
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 18 Jun 2010, 15:18

luieluv wrote:

By Auto123.com,
Thursday, June 17, 2010

From GMM

Formula one team bosses have backed the apparent stability in the 2011 driver market.

Usually at about the mid-point of each season, rumours about driver switches within the top five teams are becoming rampant.

But Red Bull and Ferrari have already locked in their current drivers for next year, while McLaren, Mercedes and Williams will almost certainly also field unchanged lineups. And Renault's Robert Kubica looks set to stay put.

"I think it is a perfect situation. I think the first five teams probably will have the same driver lineup next year and that's good for formula one and I think we will see some very good races," said Mercedes' Norbert Haug.

McLaren's Martin Whitmarsh added: "Clearly the driver market is more stable than it normally is."

And Red Bull team principal Christian Horner said: "I think most of the seats are fairly fixed going forwards, so I don't think there is going to be too much movement in the front half of the grid."
or maybe kimi is really going to renault... :O :lol:

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 18 Jun 2010, 16:03

Vida wrote:
luieluv wrote:

By Auto123.com,
Thursday, June 17, 2010

From GMM

+1 :O

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 19 Jun 2010, 14:15

Anelise wrote:
Vida wrote:
luieluv wrote:

By Auto123.com,
Thursday, June 17, 2010

From GMM

+1 :O
+100000000000000000000000000000 :lol:
The JINX

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 22 Jun 2010, 17:29

KIMI IS NOT MISSING F1

Turun Sanomat 22.6 2010 17:01:51

Kimi Räikkönen assures in Auto Sprint's interview that he hasn't missed F1 this year.

– F1? I watch the races from tv but I haven't missed it one bit. Of course I miss the driving but I don't miss anything else.

Who will win the WDC in F1 this year?

– Either one of Red Bull's drivers or Lewis Hamilton, Räikkönen believes.

What does Räikkönen think about Michael Schumacher's comeback to F1?

– It's his own decision, Kimi says and shrugs his shoulders.

Could Räikkönen still go back to F1?

– I am going to make my decision completely in peace without any pressure from the outside. I have a one year contract for rally but I'm in no hurry to make any decisions or take any pressure about them.

If you compare rally and F1, what is the first thing that comes to your mind?

– That you can't compare them. Driving in each genre is completely different. In rally the level is very high. If you take anyone from the F1-top to drive a WRC-car, he will immediately be in trouble - with the exception of Robert Kubica.

– In F1 you can learn all the tracks really quickly but in rally every stage and corner is so different that it's impossible to remember them, Räikkönen says.

Still not satisfied with the achieved level

Räikkönen has rallied for six months now. Are you satisfied with the level you have achieved?

– I am not satisfied. In Turkey I could drive like I wanted to and the endresult satisfied me and if I wouldn't have crashed in Mexico, things would have gone quite nice there too. In Portugal and Jordan I had problems I didn't anticipate. Sweden was my first WRC-rally with a WRC-car so I can't say anything about that.

A few weeks ago in rally della Lanterna Räikkönen was leading for the first time and he put Ogier in a really tough spot.

– It was the first time Kimi felt that he was a real rally driver. He has developed a lot and can fight with this moment's name Ogier. It gave him a lot of confidence for the tarmac rally in Bulgaria. We go there with the purpose of being in the top, Kaj Lindström told the Italian media.

Turun Sanomat, Rooma

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 22 Jun 2010, 17:37

Thanks Nikki :thumbsup:

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver