Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Julia » 14 Jun 2010, 20:34

yeah, I am pretty sure that they going to give him a offer but he is going to say no. But it is nice to know that every little bit potential team has said that they are interested in having him in their team (McLaren, Toyota, Renault ... and Red Bull.

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 14 Jun 2010, 20:40

Julia wrote:hey, the only Italian word I can is ciao but for people like us there is always the wonderful google translate
Formula 1: Renault bets on Raikkonen

The financier Gerard Lopez wants the Finnish former world champion and Citroen driver today in the world rally championship, alongside Kubica

The owner of Capital Financial Genes that has control of the Renault Formula 1 team, the financier Gerard Lopez, dreams of a park-pilots for next year with Poland's Robert Kubica and the 31 year old Finn Kimi Raikkonen, world champion in 2007 who Formula 1 at the moment is put behind him and is working in another specialty, the world faces as a rally driver's official French Citroen. The chances that the former Ferrari driver acceptance are very scarce. Also because Raikkonen has repeatedly argued that sees 2010 as a year of apprenticeship in the rallies in preparation for a season in which that will point up.
Renault F1 also affects the 27-year old German Adrian Sutil, who after four years the Force India would change the jacket and glimpsed in the Anglo-French team the only alternative to its current roster. Everything - the ambition Raikkonen, Sutil possible - suggests that Russian Valery Petrov will be replaced: it would contribute to the collection of points in the constructors' championship. Renault F1 mean that the important economic revenue.
About the experience of Raikkonen in the rally, many considered bad due to lack of results of some significance, the former Ferrari driver Jean Alesi has recently defended the Finn: "I am convinced that what Kimi is doing is really in rallies valuable. Imagine what it means for a pilot to start anew in a specialty that is the exact opposite of what he has always competed. For what it's doing, for the courage to face a challenge to himself so hard, I admire him. "
there you go, served on a silverplate :cool:
I think Renault's door would always be open. But its for Iceman to decide. Not a bad place to be if he has to make a switch to red bull in 2012. That could also possibly ensure that Renault extend their relationship with Red Bull as engine partners.

It could fit in well. But who would have the b*** to convince Kimi to drive for a Renault as a stop gap arrangement? :p
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 14 Jun 2010, 20:40

Julia wrote:yeah, I am pretty sure that they going to give him a offer but he is going to say no. But it is nice to know that every little bit potential team has said that they are interested in having him in their team (McLaren, Toyota, Renault ... and Red Bull.
And Mercedes.
I miss a babysitter

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 14 Jun 2010, 21:01

Moominpappa wrote:
Julia wrote:yeah, I am pretty sure that they going to give him a offer but he is going to say no. But it is nice to know that every little bit potential team has said that they are interested in having him in their team (McLaren, Toyota, Renault ... and Red Bull.
And Mercedes.
heh, I thought my list was too short, but i didn't see which team was missing :)

but yeah, when you look at the teams that are at least a little bit interesting you realize that Kimi has turned down (is going to turn down (Renault)) every teams offer except Red Bull, which we don't know what they talked about...

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 15 Jun 2010, 06:04

Renault wont happen
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 15 Jun 2010, 06:52

I just wish kimi will give a confirmation soon....

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 15 Jun 2010, 08:38

Renault? Apparently everything is now possible :lol:

Sammyosammy, welcome to the forum :hug:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 15 Jun 2010, 08:51

Hello newbie. Welcome to our great fan corner, sammyosammy! :wave:

Kimi at Renault...hmm...that sounds interesting, but I hope it won't happen....please no F1 anymore... :pray:

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 15 Jun 2010, 08:57

Hi, and welcome sammyosammy!
LadyR it wont happen.
I am a little busy at the moment ,cooked this morning 3 litres of coffee for example.. :E and just noticed I wont be able to follow the Bulgaria rally on sunday as here in our village is the "ancient history day". Our village happen to be old stone age village... :rofl: and I am a wizard of it...

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 15 Jun 2010, 09:13

[quote="Maria d]
nascar :lol: no one i could think of that would even come close, except Tony Stewart, but he is well past his prime.[/quote]

Smoke would knock some heads in and is only about 100lbs overweight now........ Kyle Busch WOULD fit. He is friends with Speed so has an inside look at the way the show goes. He has repeatedly said he would have interest IF he wins a cup championship. Hope he wins one, he is a yank that would give em a run for their money in a decent car! :thumbsup: Flag:## :thumbsup:
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 15 Jun 2010, 09:27

maybe this is not the right thread to post it :confused:
but it's about 4 Citroen cars for next year, si probably the 4th is for Kimi ... :zz:
Manufacturers plan for four cars in 2011
Both Citroen and Ford are aiming to start next year’s World Rally Championship with at least four of their all-new World Rally Cars competing.

Despite the fact that neither manufacturer has completed a new car yet - Ford expects to be running its Fiesta RS WRC and Citroen its DS3 WRC in finished form in September - both manufacturers are aiming to have their two factory cars and two customer cars ready in time for the season-opening Rally Sweden in February.

While both manufacturers have tested their new chassis extensively, neither has been able to carry out as much work as they would have hoped on the all-new 1.6-litre turbocharged engine, due to the technical regulations only being signed off earlier this season.

BP Ford Abu Dhabi team principal Malcolm Wilson said: “We’re aiming to have two customer cars ready for round one, we should be okay. But obviously, the priority remains the two factory cars.

"Obviously, time is short, but we’ve got a pretty good track record at getting cars ready against the clock. I’ve got no doubt we’ll get it sorted. Everything is coming together well. We’ve had an engine on the test bed for some time, but that engine is constantly evolving and developing. We’re not close to the final specification, but we will be by the end of the summer.”

Wilson’s opposite number at Citroen, Olivier Quesnel added: “I think the most we can get is four cars. We are having to rush and this is not the way Citroen likes to do things. Normally, we like to take our time and to test and to make sure everything is right. But, in this case, it’s not possible. I like to think we can get four cars for round one, though.”
http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=10 ... rs+in+2011

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 15 Jun 2010, 09:31

Why would Kimi come back to F1 ? Renault ? We don't want to see him doing "schumacher" next year.

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 15 Jun 2010, 10:48

one interesting point is that IF Kimi is to go at renault, guess who his race engineer will be - Mark Slade, who was his race engineer at McLaren... Slade moved to renault this year and if i am correct is the race engineer of Petrov... but i dont want this to happen .... WRC :cool: :cool:
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 15 Jun 2010, 12:14

interesting indeed...

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 16 Jun 2010, 20:21

Interesting thing about Mark Slade, Saif :cool:

Kimi and Sutil now in Auto Sprint's Renault-rumours

Turun Sanomat 15.6 2010 22:38:25

The Italian Auto Sprint -magazine is worrying over the quiet driver markets and throws in their own guess to stir up the stagnated situation. According to the magazine Vitali Petrov's future in Renault is not sure and they put Adrian Sutil and Kimi Räikkönen as candidates for the Russian's seat.

According to Auto Sprint Renault's main owner Gerard Lopez would dream of a super team Robert Kubica and Kimi Räikkönen, but doesn't think the Finn is interested to come back to F1 with the French team.

According to information Turun Sanomat has, they are at the moment pondering in Renault whether to continue the current way so that the other seat goes to the driver offering most money or will they go and get a driver as good as possible alongside Robert Kubica.

TS/Rooma
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL