Rally della Lanterna 2010

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Rally della Lanterna 2010

Post by Anelise » 13 Jun 2010, 18:08

Courtesy TaniaS
From N1 (RaiDue), interview with Kaj: http://www.mediafire.com/?enzammzjenc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcQ_Uua1d9U

Translation:
The French Team chose the Rally della Lanterna to let also Kimi making experience on tarmac. The Finnish driver, even in a relaxed environment like the park assistance of Genova, didn't want to leave his pedestal. He refused any contact with the mass media and he was reluctant in signing autographs o in taking a picture with his fans, forgetting that many were there also and above all for him.
For sure a not-world champion's behaviour from him, something that the Citroen team should stigmatize. To speak about the performance of the Finnish driver in this WRC season we have interviewed Kaj Lindstrom: "He has a lot of potential in rally also, and I believe that in the races on tarmac he will do much better. Kimi has big spaces of improvement, he has made just tenth races so far, we can't forget he is still in an apprenticeship level. He doesn't make many mistakes, for sure racing on the gravel is a big new thing for him, he has to find the right braking point and how to manage the car. This is the difficult side. But also understanding the notes and being able to be always at 100% are things that take some time. I believe that in Bulgaria we can reduce a lot the gap from the best ones."

The banner you see in the video is that of some italian fans of this forum. And they told that is NOT true that Kimi didn't sign autographs. You can check the pics with your eyes here: http://www.kimiraikkonen.com/forum/view ... &start=840
Last edited by Anelise on 13 Jun 2010, 18:44, edited 1 time in total.

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 13 Jun 2010, 18:17

rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by rko281 » 13 Jun 2010, 18:43

Anelise wrote:Courtesy TaniaS
Kimi Räikkönen and Kaj Lindström in Rally della Lanterna 2010 for RaiSport
It's not worth translating what that stupid comentator says. Oh boy, the sour grapes that some reporter have.
:blink:

for 2 years they wrote only c**p about him and now they expect him to kiss their a***.... :lol:

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 13 Jun 2010, 19:15

rko281 wrote:
Anelise wrote:Courtesy TaniaS
Kimi Räikkönen and Kaj Lindström in Rally della Lanterna 2010 for RaiSport
It's not worth translating what that stupid comentator says. Oh boy, the sour grapes that some reporter have.
:blink:

for 2 years they wrote only c**p about him and now they expect him to kiss their a***.... :lol:
Bravo!-a! :cool:
I do not watch them any more! :<>:

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 13 Jun 2010, 19:52

thank you momo,that was very nice, also thank you for all the work you put in for us to enjoy and understand this rally. :hug:
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 13 Jun 2010, 20:13

Maria d wrote:
thank you momo,that was very nice, also thank you for all the work you put in for us to enjoy and understand this rally. :hug:
For sure, momo is great!!! :cool:

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 13 Jun 2010, 20:18

Thanks to everyone for the kind words! :cool:
I'm very touched! :blush:
Thanks dears!
:hug:

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 13 Jun 2010, 20:32

I went though the official italian Kimi's forum as Analise posted ( I understand some italian, but sometimes I have difficulties with fine meanings) and some girls were saying how the press treats Kimi even today...they were saying they got autographs and pictures, one was so near to him, the others were asking about how did he smell....(same things like in our "other" thread, it is funny...)
And one was saying: let's treat it in Kimi's way: indifference.... :) :) :)
So, thanks to those nice italian girls.....for putting things in order. :shhh:

Leijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Leijona » 13 Jun 2010, 21:03

WOW I've had a very busy weekend and I just heard few hours ago that Kimi was leading the rally until the very last stage!!!! and finally was 2nd overall!!! god damn I'm proud of him :cool:

I'm so sad I didn't have time to share this awesome rally weekend with you, but THANK YOU to everyone contributing to this thread - it was a blast to read all the 80+ pages!!!!! :lol:

We have to remember that Kimi is a rookie and beating Ogier would be out of this world at this point..... however, this result makes me soooo happy and excited for the future! Kimi may well be on the podium in WRC some day, even win!!! gaaaaah

awesomeeeeeeeee :shhh:

(btw, I like Kimi's new hair. very happy he didn't cut it too short, it's good lenght now! but for some readon, I do miss the long hair :confused: )

kracer
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by kracer » 14 Jun 2010, 03:14

The ego of that reporter to say those things is probably 100000X bigger than Kimi's! He probably thought he was so special but was actually so insignificant that Kimi didn't notice him... :n

@Momo and everyone else who shared all their info, pics and thoughts here especially during these last few days, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BRINGING KIMI SO MUCH CLOSER TO ALL OF US!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Linda-Anne
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Linda-Anne » 14 Jun 2010, 09:22

kracer wrote:The ego of that reporter to say those things is probably 100000X bigger than Kimi's! He probably thought he was so special but was actually so insignificant that Kimi didn't notice him... :n

@Momo and everyone else who shared all their info, pics and thoughts here especially during these last few days, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BRINGING KIMI SO MUCH CLOSER TO ALL OF US!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:
I agree with you 100% Pauline.
You know we had the same thing with Ayrton being constantly attacked by the press. They were even calling him the prince of darkness in some press circles. The man couldnt do a thing right. I well remember one journalist writing a report in autosport and ending the peice with the words "all i can say is a nasty man from Brasil won the race in a horible red and white car from Woking" He got away with it (many of us wrote to his editor in protest) the same "jounalist" wrote a book praising Ayrton after his death and made himself a pile of money from the effort. Actually the book was a pile of cr"!.
The difference between Ayrton and Kimi is Ayrton was deeply upset by the nastiness shown to him at times where Kimi lets them think he doesnt give a s*** and just gets on with his life. I admire him for his strength......... by simply just being Kimi he can really wind them up and by writing their banal plain nasty articles they just really show themselves up and they are so stupid they dont even realise it. :lol: :) :O

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 14 Jun 2010, 11:42

thanks, nice haircut :drool:

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 14 Jun 2010, 13:12

Linda-Anne wrote:...By simply just being Kimi he can really wind them up and by writing their banal plain nasty articles they just really show themselves up and they are so stupid they dont even realise it....
:lol: I absolutely agree... Kimi is just doing his own thing and for some reason, that just p*sses the hell out of the reporters :D Anyway, nothing new with what those Italian media morons are saying... pretty similar to the c**p that reporter from Sweden threw when he realized Rally Kimi still won't kiss the press people's butt. So, yeah... that's what it is, just another reporter sore about Kimi not making his assignment any easier :O Besides, we already know from the girls who were at Erzberg and now, the ones who were at Genoa, that Kimi is pretty okay with his fans :D Just make sure you don't scream at his face :p

Thanks for the links and vids! Wish I'm using a computer fast enough so I can watch 'em all :S

Acropolis, what did the Italian girls say about how Kimi smells? :blush: