Apparently some think Hamilton can't win the Championship...

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
phillyred79
kart driver
kart driver

Apparently some think Hamilton can't win the Championship...

Post by phillyred79 » 17 May 2007, 19:48

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsp ... 661901.stm

So Eddie Jordan in this BBC article thinks Hamilton doesn't have what it takes yet as far as mental preparedness.

I completely disagree. Hamilton can win. I'm by no means a huge Hamilton fan, but there is nothing after four races that has shown me that proves Hamilton doesn't have what it takes. I believe some people are just nay-sayers. In a way I hope L.H. runs away in the points standings and proves everyone wrong. Hamilton clearly has a gift and is razor sharp off and on the track... If McLaren can give Lewis a car equaling the pace of Ferrari, all it will take is a few poles and the critics will be silenced. If anything I have more respect and admiration for Lewis not having the pole and having to fight off Kimi and Alonso every race.

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 17 May 2007, 21:52

Eddie Jordan needs to stop smokin' those four leaf clovers!

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 19 May 2007, 13:13

Eddie was always renouned for that extra word of his.
It is not an easy task for LH to win the championship on his first attempt, however, I m sure that he will become a champion someday soon.

Stoegi
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Stoegi » 20 May 2007, 14:25

I don't think he'll win the WC.

legend85
car driver
car driver

Post by legend85 » 20 May 2007, 23:32

i think he has everychance of winning the title but raikkonen may just pip him to it

_*kimi-Iku*_
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by _*kimi-Iku*_ » 21 May 2007, 12:58

I think is too sudden.. but if he is first.. he is the boy in F1 that has more posibilities to win it!
http://www.kr-iceman.phpbb24.com [Spanish & English Kimi Forum]*
KIMI RAIKKONEN WORLD CHAMPION 2007 *Kovalainen & Hulkenberg - Forever*

Chubbs
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Chubbs » 21 May 2007, 13:37

of course hamilton can win, i dont see why the fact that he is a rookie makes it not possible. i think that eddie jordan is just trying to dull down the media and release some pressure from lewis' shoulders, but to be honest he can deal with the pressure like a world champion and he can drive like one too!!

butek
car driver
car driver

Post by butek » 23 May 2007, 05:34

HAmilton will win... but I afraid he will be the next JPM.. hope not.. I kinda like him

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 24 May 2007, 19:05

I didn't think he can win the championship at the beginning of the season, but now that he is first after 4 races, being on the podium on each race and leading every race, I'm beleiving more in him.

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 24 May 2007, 21:50

Here's Ron Dennis with a coded message for Eddie Jordan at today's press conference:
Ron Dennis wrote: The other thing which I find - let's say - slightly annoying is that there seems to be a rash of so-called experts, some people who have never really run a competitive Grand Prix team, who suddenly profess to be so knowledgeable about what is and isn't right for Lewis, what is and isn't his character strengths and his weaknesses. I think they should just be quiet, concentrate on their own business, which I'm sure would be better for them. I don't want to be too aggressive to those people but they know who they are. They're failures in many of the things they've done and this is a success story and their opinions are obviously sought by those members of the media that suffer or struggle with our own position, but my job, as team principal, is to be supportive of the drivers ...

...we will never do anything to the detriment of the principal objective which is to try and win races and put Lewis in the best possible position, and Fernando, to do that.

As a side note, He almost forgot to add Alonso at the end of the last sentence!! :lol:

!

niallmckiernan
car driver
car driver

Post by niallmckiernan » 25 May 2007, 12:04

He wont!! Alonso will!!

Jet
car driver
car driver

Post by Jet » 25 May 2007, 14:41

It's a tall order for a rookie, but so far he's doing the goods, plus Massa is flying at the moment. The questions is after all why we watch.

Thomas
car driver
car driver

Post by Thomas » 25 May 2007, 18:50

"Winners generally are not nice people. They try to be, but they are immensely selfish, immensely arrogant and have a total belief in their own ability.

"Nothing else matters to them when they are at work."

Dont have to be, Lewis will prove him wrong. There was once a very famous football player. He was an excellent sports man. The best @ what he did but at the same time never got booked or sent off..I dont see why winners have to be dicks! Not all people are the same..Lewis can make it with being a gentleman and a sporty driver because when u have the talent u dont need to play dirty. Ayrton Senna was an example of the sporty driver. Never took anyone out he even stopped during his carrier to help out other drivers at crashing events yet he was still an F1 Champion.

I really hope Jordan is tryin to do what someone else mentioned previously which was to take pressure off Lewis. 8)

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 25 May 2007, 19:02

i don't think he'll win. we have yet to see how he reacts when things go wrong and for some reason i just can't see it happening. don't know why just a gut feeling.

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 25 May 2007, 19:20

Thomas wrote: I really hope Jordan is tryin to do what someone else mentioned previously which was to take pressure off Lewis. 8)
For sure Eddie was snortin the four leaf clovers when he said that but it wasn't an attempt to take the pressure off Lewis. It was a jab at McLarean and Ron Dennis... Hamilton is quickly on his way to making McLarean rich...(in sponsorship)!

Jordan should go back to playing the drums or whatever. If it weren't for his two towering achievements: The seven-up car and discovering Schumi, he would be but an asterik in the history of F1. :cheesy:

Cheers!