Last year for Ralf and Trulli?

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
jana7i
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by jana7i » 21 May 2007, 04:25

alex wrote:
jana7i wrote:i think ralf is still wanted by some teams. im 100% sure he will be around for next year, but i think he wont be a toyota driver. his salary is unjustified really. he might be good with a team like REDBULL, to replace DC. just a thought
replace DC :shock:

DC has been doing very well i think...but he was unlucky with retirements, i think he'll have a good race at monaco, he always does well there (podium last year :lol: :lol: :lol: )
i said DC cuz i assume he is getting ready to retire, isnt he the oldest driver now??

_*kimi-Iku*_
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by _*kimi-Iku*_ » 21 May 2007, 12:59

I think Ralf..
http://www.kr-iceman.phpbb24.com [Spanish & English Kimi Forum]*
KIMI RAIKKONEN WORLD CHAMPION 2007 *Kovalainen & Hulkenberg - Forever*

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 21 May 2007, 15:31

jana7i wrote:
alex wrote:
jana7i wrote:i think ralf is still wanted by some teams. im 100% sure he will be around for next year, but i think he wont be a toyota driver. his salary is unjustified really. he might be good with a team like REDBULL, to replace DC. just a thought

DC has been doing very well i think...but he was unlucky with retirements, i think he'll have a good race at monaco, he always does well there (podium last year :lol: :lol: )
i said DC cuz i assume he is getting ready to retire, isnt he the oldest driver now??
Ralf to Red Bull??? Talk about 0% possibility of that ever happening...
Webber (or DC) will be joined by Sebastian Bourdais in 2008.

jana7i
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by jana7i » 22 May 2007, 04:48

BANANAGP wrote:
jana7i wrote:
alex wrote:

DC has been doing very well i think...but he was unlucky with retirements, i think he'll have a good race at monaco, he always does well there (podium last year :lol: :lol: )
Ralf to Red Bull??? Talk about 0% possibility of that ever happening...
Webber (or DC) will be joined by Sebastian Bourdais in 2008.
im not saying that he is going to RBR, but i think that team would be good for him, they seem to like older and experienced drivers so far. anyways, he (ralf) is saying that he will be around next year, so what team do u think will he be driving for?
BMW seems the most likely team, unless they have a driver on the waiting list too (like Sebastian Bourdais and RBR as u said)

ntr
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ntr » 22 May 2007, 14:23

jana7i wrote:
alex wrote:

DC has been doing very well i think...but he was unlucky with retirements, i think he'll have a good race at monaco, he always does well there (podium last year :lol: :lol: :lol: )
lol i found the perfect article to respond to this :lol: :lol:

Coulthard: `I`m not ready to retire`
http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954, ... 10,00.html

well i think he's doing well (better than mark) so it will be good if red bull improve... :D
mm tofu

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 22 May 2007, 17:02

jana7i wrote: im not saying that he is going to RBR, but i think that team would be good for him, they seem to like older and experienced drivers so far. anyways, he (ralf) is saying that he will be around next year, so what team do u think will he be driving for?
BMW seems the most likely team, unless they have a driver on the waiting list too (like Sebastian Bourdais and RBR as u said)
I think he's done... maybe a test drive gig with brother Michael at Ferrari...

I don't see him back at Williams nor do I see him taking a seat with a back end team... maybe he'll go to DTM with Hakkinnen, Frentzen and Alesi...

jana7i
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by jana7i » 23 May 2007, 06:37

BANANAGP wrote:
jana7i wrote: im not saying that he is going to RBR, but i think that team would be good for him, they seem to like older and experienced drivers so far. anyways, he (ralf) is saying that he will be around next year, so what team do u think will he be driving for?

I don't see him back at Williams nor do I see him taking a seat with a back end team... maybe he'll go to DTM with Hakkinnen, Frentzen and Alesi...
is it me or did he become slower ever since he got married to cora!! then he had a kid and started to drive like 1!!!!! he was good at williams (when that car had the most powerful BMW engine, i think it was in 2001), anyways i think he will still be driving next year as a F1 driver, HE seems SUPER sure of it at least!

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 23 May 2007, 12:49

jana7i wrote:
BANANAGP wrote:

is it me or did he become slower ever since he got married to cora!! then he had a kid and started to drive like 1!!!!! he was good at williams (when that car had the most powerful BMW engine, i think it was in 2001), anyways i think he will still be driving next year as a F1 driver, HE seems SUPER sure of it at least!
You might be right... family life might be getting to him... afterall I would hope F1 isn't his only priority.

I think Toyota are hurt by being in Cologne and also by what appears to be a lackluster development team. It's tough to recruit solid F1 talent outside Britain (and Italy).

I'm also uncertain of how good Ralf and Trulli are at helping the engineers at developing the car or even at how good the engineers are at getting the most feedback out of their drivers. There might be a language barrier as well - it might not be a coincidence that both Japanese teams are being outdone by their privateer teams.

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 24 May 2007, 15:38

From Paddock Talk...

PETER SAUBER SAYS:
"The extension of Nick's contract is, in my opinion, only a formality," Sauber said, adding that he has been impressed with Heidfeld's shining form alongside Robert Kubica so far this season.

BMW is off the table for Ralf.

Meanwhile back in Cologne:
The German broadcaster RTL reported this week that Toyota could already be eying Japan's Takuma Sato as a worthy occupant of the ride alongside Trulli in 2008 and beyond.

Paddock talk thinks Sato will remain loyal to Honda. I'm thinking that Toyota desperately need a japanese driver and signing Sato from Honda would be a major coup. So.. money will probably not be an issue(especially considering how much was spent on Ralf). I say Sato goes to Toyota for 2008.

Given no space at BMW, Ferrari or McLaren, Ralf either goes to Williams (in place of Wurz) or Renault in place of Fisi or Heikki.

I doubt he would end his career at SA RB TR or Spyker...

Thoughts?

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 24 May 2007, 17:46

Not Renault... You'd think whoever leaves would be replaced by Piquet JR...

Jet
car driver
car driver

Post by Jet » 25 May 2007, 14:32

Wat about the rumours Sato is being considered by Toyota?

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 25 May 2007, 16:37

Jet wrote:Wat about the rumours Sato is being considered by Toyota?
Sato will be at Toyota for 2008... The Japanese are very loyal but in F1 you take the chances you can get - Jenson and Barrichelo are going nowhere.

janneman29
car driver
car driver

Post by janneman29 » 25 May 2007, 17:49

They have contract to drive in 2008, havent they? It would be good to see some other drivers at that seat though

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 25 May 2007, 21:42

Trulli stays, Ralf out for Taku
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

dominico1
car driver
car driver

Post by dominico1 » 29 May 2007, 14:04

i think that r. shumacher is at the end of his F1 carrer he has never had the opportunity to win a title and his talent was called michael, someone really inteligent there at F1 thought that the genes should be very similar by brothers but they were not...ralf is too slow, he cant win or get points without a perfect car on the other hand michael was abolutely different he was able to drive with anything and he still took some points!!i think that ralf should go he is not good enough for f1 h never was and toyota realised that afetr the seasons - they awaited big wins with ralf in the cockpit but get nothing only losses...